Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 aquatic humans
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  15:26:59  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
in the stormwrack book, they list an aquatic human species. iforgot what they are called. in any case, my question is since they have human blood, does that mean they get the extra skill point and feat?

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all

sirreus
Learned Scribe

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  16:02:40  Show Profile  Visit sirreus's Homepage Send sirreus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
if they are a subrace like genasi or tieflings then no. human blood does not = human.

"The measure of an undisciplined mind, is that the intellect allows emotion to challenge the observed truth" Richard Baker
Go to Top of Page

Ugly is the new black
Seeker

Australia
81 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  16:04:43  Show Profile  Visit Ugly is the new black's Homepage Send Ugly is the new black a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aravine

i forgot what they are called.

Mermaids, imo.

love,
nathan.

As he knelt on the ground with his brothers around and the taste of his blood on his tongue,
His brothers knelt by him and prayed him a prayer, and he smiled and he laughed and he sung,
"Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman's taken my life,
But what does it matter? For all men must die, and I've tasted the Dornishman's wife!"
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  16:49:04  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
no, they literatly are humans exept they have tiny fins on their arms and legs. they are aventi or something like that

Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  16:50:47  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sirreus

if they are a subrace like genasi or tieflings then no. human blood does not = human.

it says for all effects immunities and weaknesses they are considered human

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2007 :  17:04:14  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd say they would get the human stats then but maybe write into the WOTC sage are get a official answer?

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2007 :  14:28:37  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
does anyone even know of the book, storm wrack?

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2007 :  15:54:46  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Aye, I've referenced it on and off for my email game when I need some aquatic info and or random scenes that could be seen while sailing.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2007 :  15:43:26  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

Aye, I've referenced it on and off for my email game when I need some aquatic info and or random scenes that could be seen while sailing.

Then you know the Aventi?

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2007 :  16:17:55  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

Then you know the Aventi?

Not really. Never looked at the human types in the book. :) But as I said above, if it's just a normal human that has adapted to water, I see no reason why it won't get the human stat abilities but as I also said, maybe ask the WOTC Sage for a official answer.

Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2007 :  17:01:47  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
will do.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2007 :  18:10:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To be honest, when it comes to questions about non-Realms stuff, you may be better off asking Sage Advice (or on the general WotC forums), rather than asking here. While many of us do have the core material, we're all here because of a focus on the Realms -- be it the lore, or be it Realms-specific books and materials. It's always best to know your audience, and we are, primarily, Realms first and everything else second.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 05 Oct 2007 18:11:07
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  15:19:47  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

To be honest, when it comes to questions about non-Realms stuff, you may be better off asking Sage Advice (or on the general WotC forums), rather than asking here. While many of us do have the core material, we're all here because of a focus on the Realms -- be it the lore, or be it Realms-specific books and materials. It's always best to know your audience, and we are, primarily, Realms first and everything else second.

who do i ask?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  16:28:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

who do i ask?

Either Sage Advice on the Wizards site, or, for the WotC forums, in the General section.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2007 :  00:50:45  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For what its worth though, there is nothing in the race description that mentions the aventi getting the standard human bonus feat or skill points, but it does mention that they have the "human" subtype, and are considered human for the purposes of spells and magic items that react to humans. That is slightly different than just being humans that happen to breathe water. Aventi were humans, but they are changed.

However, since they are considered human, they can take feats that only humans can take, etc.

At least that's my read on it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000