Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Books Take Place on Other Planets Besides Toril?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Shawn Daniels Posted - 07 Apr 2020 : 19:54:11
Are there any Forgotten Realms books that take place off-Toril, or is Toril the primary location for most of the pantheon’s activity and civilization in general?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
iltharanos Posted - 09 Apr 2020 : 17:01:46
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Daniels

quote:
Originally posted by iltharanos

Corsair by Richard Baker, the second book in the Blades of the Moonsea trilogy, partially takes place on one of the Tears of Selune.

I find myself admiring the philosophical depth of thy signature. Well met, fellow scribe.

Hail and well met, and thank you! Somewhat appropriate a signature given the topic of this thread.
Shawn Daniels Posted - 08 Apr 2020 : 16:03:39
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-A handful of passages pertaining to The Soujourner in the Erevis Cale trilogy either take place in space or are pertaining to space.

Many thanks, milord.
Lord Karsus Posted - 08 Apr 2020 : 15:07:20
-A handful of passages pertaining to The Soujourner in the Erevis Cale trilogy either take place in space or are pertaining to space.
Shawn Daniels Posted - 08 Apr 2020 : 13:18:14
quote:
Originally posted by iltharanos

Corsair by Richard Baker, the second book in the Blades of the Moonsea trilogy, partially takes place on one of the Tears of Selune.

I find myself admiring the philosophical depth of thy signature. Well met, fellow scribe.
_Jarlaxle_ Posted - 08 Apr 2020 : 07:08:38
The only planet other than Toril that I can think of is Abeir. The only novel I remember at the moment making a short visit to Abeir was one of the Brimstone Angels series.
iltharanos Posted - 08 Apr 2020 : 00:35:53
Shawn Daniels Posted - 07 Apr 2020 : 23:04:35
quote:
Originally posted by lookatroopa

The novels generally only touch on Realmspace's other planets in an astrological context. The Radiant Dragon of the Cloakmaster Cycle partially takes place on Garden, and aside from a few mentions of other Realmspace planets throughout the series that's about it for the Spelljammer novels as well.

Besides a couple of scenarios like Undermountain: Stardock taking place in the Tears of Selûne and scattered references to illithids hailing from Glyth and beholders hailing from H'Catha, the game books don't fare much better (excepting Realmspace, of course).

Thanks to both Wooly Rupert and yourself for the light shed on the matter. Your information is invaluable.
lookatroopa Posted - 07 Apr 2020 : 23:00:43
The novels generally only touch on Realmspace's other planets in an astrological context. The Radiant Dragon of the Cloakmaster Cycle partially takes place on Garden, and aside from a few mentions of other Realmspace planets throughout the series that's about it for the Spelljammer novels as well.

Besides a couple of scenarios like Undermountain: Stardock taking place in the Tears of Selûne and scattered references to illithids hailing from Glyth and beholders hailing from H'Catha, the game books don't fare much better (excepting Realmspace, of course).
Wooly Rupert Posted - 07 Apr 2020 : 22:10:52
Planes have always been a big deal in D&D. Planets aside from the game world's main one? Not so much. I don't think planets were touched on at all, aside from the Spelljammer novels.
Shawn Daniels Posted - 07 Apr 2020 : 22:01:55
quote:
Originally posted by _Jarlaxle_

Elminster in Hell takes places entirely in Hell if I remember correctly.

The Empyrean Odyssey takes place a lot in the upper planes.

Other than that there are a lot of stories where a minor part takes place in another plane.

My apologies, I should clarify- I mean on planets within Realmspace other than Toril.
_Jarlaxle_ Posted - 07 Apr 2020 : 21:22:29
Elminster in Hell takes places entirely in Hell if I remember correctly.

The Empyrean Odyssey takes place a lot in the upper planes.

Other than that there are a lot of stories where a minor part takes place in another plane.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000