Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Godswar

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NightElf Posted - 11 Sep 2003 : 21:57:30
I have been reading through a tome I picked up in a small bookstore near my home. It's a module called Waterdeep, about Midnight's search for the Tables of Fate?

I was wondering if anyone could possibly donate as much info as they can, either in the form of Links or Info, about the Godswar (the time of troubles for those of lesser knowledge). Anything is useful, I look forward to hearing from you (all)
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
William of Waterdeep Posted - 24 Oct 2003 : 02:11:26
quote:
Originally posted by Cyric

when does the 3.5 come ????

Most of it is out I think but I don't know how much more will be made before 4e.The release date is confusing to me.Any help from any of you DMs who keep up with this????
Cyric Posted - 22 Oct 2003 : 16:54:53
when does the 3.5 come ????
William of Waterdeep Posted - 22 Oct 2003 : 03:02:59
quote:
Originally posted by ArionElenim

I think Cyric has moved too far, too fast...having such a broad profile might lead to his downfall...

I agree but I don't have any of the 3e or 3.5 yet,so I couldn't say.
It does seem highly probable that he could lose one or more of his portfolios.Only time will tell I guess.(I am working on getting some 3e stuff.Money is tight for me so I am using my persuade feat)
Jander Sunstar Posted - 21 Oct 2003 : 21:55:20
But ofcourse he would like to take over Zhentil Keep
and that can be a reason of Bane to fight near Mystra even she is his most hated enemy
Jander Sunstar Posted - 21 Oct 2003 : 21:53:40
I think it is possible him and Shar could join their forces to get rid of Mystra. I can't say I like her but I won't accept an evil deity to rule all weave
Arion Elenim Posted - 21 Oct 2003 : 15:24:42
Does anyone forsee Cyric meeting a new destiny in the 3.5 upgrade?
Arion Elenim Posted - 21 Oct 2003 : 15:23:17
I think Cyric has moved too far, too fast...having such a broad profile might lead to his downfall...
William of Waterdeep Posted - 20 Oct 2003 : 01:00:07
quote:
Originally posted by elven_songstress

I am still ticked off at Cyric for stealing my Shadow Lords intrigue Portfolio!!!

Hmmph doesn't anyone ever give the poor ( I use that term spareingly) god of thieves a break?

Larue

Not Cyric!!! He worships Cyric...
Cyric Posted - 19 Oct 2003 : 20:17:04
mask is the servant of Cyric and he keeps him alive thats why he is a lesser power
Jander Sunstar Posted - 15 Oct 2003 : 11:55:17
Despite Cyric took his portfolio he still survives as a lesser power. am I wrong? Does Mask have another portfoilo to survive or the believers are just enough for him to make new plans as a deity of some power?
elven_songstress Posted - 15 Oct 2003 : 09:59:13
I am still ticked off at Cyric for stealing my Shadow Lords intrigue Portfolio!!!

Hmmph doesn't anyone ever give the poor ( I use that term spareingly) god of thieves a break?

Larue
Jander Sunstar Posted - 11 Oct 2003 : 17:50:40
He better make it quick, because all of you will be homeless and Cyric will have to beg for a piece of bread. Ha aha ha.
Just kidding he sells he will live as a lesser power making plans to take his throne back
Cyric Posted - 11 Oct 2003 : 16:22:21
How dare you Cyric is not going down he wil slay all who oppse him, bane shal fall or join Cyric that is the onley way it is going down, fool wishing for the death of Cyric
Jander Sunstar Posted - 10 Oct 2003 : 11:16:08
Bad news Zhent, Cyric is nomore lord of dead. Kelemvor took over his portfolio.but I think that you already know this.
another bad news is Bane returns with portfoilo of fear. and now he is a greater power. Fzoul and Orgauth menaged to him to take over Citadel of raven. I think Cyric is going down and I can't say I m sad
Cyric-The-Insane Posted - 05 Oct 2003 : 05:49:55
Midnight is a Woman with black raven hair that becomes the future deity known as Mystra. She searchs for the Tablets of Fate stolen By Bane and Myrkul. [The story Continues Until]
She meets an ex-theif Known As Cyric.!!\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
[Back History of Cyric]
Grown up his father was a captain of the Zhents and mother was a soemwhat loving parent. One day his father murdered his mother and attempted to murder him but was unsuccesful. Cyric escaped his father only to wind up being placed in slavery there he was traded and bought until finally he was a servant for a somewhat rich Merchant. Cyric ran away from home and eventually came to the knowledge that stealing was wrong and gave it up.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Anywase Midnight with a constructed party of..
Herself - Mage follower of Mystra
Kelmvore - Warrior that eventually reigns over the fugue plane
Aldon - Priest of Sune (Deity of everythign beutiful)
Cyric - a Theif that eventually betrays Midnight and Finds the Sword Godsbane that is actually Mask (Deity of intrigue). Cyric hismelf kills Bhaal, Myrkul and Kelmvore with that sword.
---------====================--------------
[ Story continues until]
Midnight is forced to enter Bone castle using a Spell constructed by Elminister. She retrieves one of the Tablets of Fate from Bone castle.

[After all is said and done]
Cyric Become the Death Lord

Midnight Becomes Mystra (She Keeps That name in memory of Mystra and so mystra's worshippers do not need to alter temples ect..)

Kelmvore reamains in the actual sword Cyric killed him with Until later on when Cyric splits the sword in half.

At the End of Times of Troubles, Ao destroys the Tablets of Faith and from there on Deities powers depend on worshippers...
And every god From Tyr to Lloth gasped at the same time.. yaddie Yaddie back To Cyric..>

Cyric now dominates the Fugue plane where he searchs for Kelmvores soul...
Now GO GET SOME MONEY AND BUY THE NEWEST BOOK
William of Waterdeep Posted - 12 Sep 2003 : 01:17:23
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/2566/deitylocations.htm

http://www.sarbreenar.com/city/history10.htm

http://www.danbbs.dk/~apv/lebus/sage/godsinfr.htm

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000