Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Godswar
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NightElf
Seeker

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2003 :  21:57:30  Show Profile  Visit NightElf's Homepage Send NightElf a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have been reading through a tome I picked up in a small bookstore near my home. It's a module called Waterdeep, about Midnight's search for the Tables of Fate?

I was wondering if anyone could possibly donate as much info as they can, either in the form of Links or Info, about the Godswar (the time of troubles for those of lesser knowledge). Anything is useful, I look forward to hearing from you (all)

"Those who watch their backs meet death from the front"

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  01:17:23  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/2566/deitylocations.htm

http://www.sarbreenar.com/city/history10.htm

http://www.danbbs.dk/~apv/lebus/sage/godsinfr.htm

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Cyric-The-Insane
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2003 :  05:49:55  Show Profile  Visit Cyric-The-Insane's Homepage Send Cyric-The-Insane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Midnight is a Woman with black raven hair that becomes the future deity known as Mystra. She searchs for the Tablets of Fate stolen By Bane and Myrkul. [The story Continues Until]
She meets an ex-theif Known As Cyric.!!\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
[Back History of Cyric]
Grown up his father was a captain of the Zhents and mother was a soemwhat loving parent. One day his father murdered his mother and attempted to murder him but was unsuccesful. Cyric escaped his father only to wind up being placed in slavery there he was traded and bought until finally he was a servant for a somewhat rich Merchant. Cyric ran away from home and eventually came to the knowledge that stealing was wrong and gave it up.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Anywase Midnight with a constructed party of..
Herself - Mage follower of Mystra
Kelmvore - Warrior that eventually reigns over the fugue plane
Aldon - Priest of Sune (Deity of everythign beutiful)
Cyric - a Theif that eventually betrays Midnight and Finds the Sword Godsbane that is actually Mask (Deity of intrigue). Cyric hismelf kills Bhaal, Myrkul and Kelmvore with that sword.
---------====================--------------
[ Story continues until]
Midnight is forced to enter Bone castle using a Spell constructed by Elminister. She retrieves one of the Tablets of Fate from Bone castle.

[After all is said and done]
Cyric Become the Death Lord

Midnight Becomes Mystra (She Keeps That name in memory of Mystra and so mystra's worshippers do not need to alter temples ect..)

Kelmvore reamains in the actual sword Cyric killed him with Until later on when Cyric splits the sword in half.

At the End of Times of Troubles, Ao destroys the Tablets of Faith and from there on Deities powers depend on worshippers...
And every god From Tyr to Lloth gasped at the same time.. yaddie Yaddie back To Cyric..>

Cyric now dominates the Fugue plane where he searchs for Kelmvores soul...
Now GO GET SOME MONEY AND BUY THE NEWEST BOOK
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2003 :  11:16:08  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bad news Zhent, Cyric is nomore lord of dead. Kelemvor took over his portfolio.but I think that you already know this.
another bad news is Bane returns with portfoilo of fear. and now he is a greater power. Fzoul and Orgauth menaged to him to take over Citadel of raven. I think Cyric is going down and I can't say I m sad

Punish me if you will, for my hands are not clean. But deny me not my revenge!"
-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  16:22:21  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How dare you Cyric is not going down he wil slay all who oppse him, bane shal fall or join Cyric that is the onley way it is going down, fool wishing for the death of Cyric
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  17:50:40  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He better make it quick, because all of you will be homeless and Cyric will have to beg for a piece of bread. Ha aha ha.
Just kidding he sells he will live as a lesser power making plans to take his throne back

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

elven_songstress
Learned Scribe

126 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2003 :  09:59:13  Show Profile  Visit elven_songstress's Homepage Send elven_songstress a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am still ticked off at Cyric for stealing my Shadow Lords intrigue Portfolio!!!

Hmmph doesn't anyone ever give the poor ( I use that term spareingly) god of thieves a break?

Larue

We need to be reminded sometimes that a sunrise lasts but a few minutes,but its beauty can burnin our hearts eternally."
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2003 :  11:55:17  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Despite Cyric took his portfolio he still survives as a lesser power. am I wrong? Does Mask have another portfoilo to survive or the believers are just enough for him to make new plans as a deity of some power?

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  20:17:04  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
mask is the servant of Cyric and he keeps him alive thats why he is a lesser power
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2003 :  01:00:07  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by elven_songstress

I am still ticked off at Cyric for stealing my Shadow Lords intrigue Portfolio!!!

Hmmph doesn't anyone ever give the poor ( I use that term spareingly) god of thieves a break?

Larue

Not Cyric!!! He worships Cyric...

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  15:23:17  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Cyric has moved too far, too fast...having such a broad profile might lead to his downfall...

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  15:24:42  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone forsee Cyric meeting a new destiny in the 3.5 upgrade?

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  21:53:40  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it is possible him and Shar could join their forces to get rid of Mystra. I can't say I like her but I won't accept an evil deity to rule all weave

-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  21:55:20  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But ofcourse he would like to take over Zhentil Keep
and that can be a reason of Bane to fight near Mystra even she is his most hated enemy

-Jander Sunstar

Edited by - Jander Sunstar on 24 Oct 2003 08:50:22
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  03:02:59  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ArionElenim

I think Cyric has moved too far, too fast...having such a broad profile might lead to his downfall...

I agree but I don't have any of the 3e or 3.5 yet,so I couldn't say.
It does seem highly probable that he could lose one or more of his portfolios.Only time will tell I guess.(I am working on getting some 3e stuff.Money is tight for me so I am using my persuade feat)

Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  16:54:53  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
when does the 3.5 come ????
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  02:11:26  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyric

when does the 3.5 come ????

Most of it is out I think but I don't know how much more will be made before 4e.The release date is confusing to me.Any help from any of you DMs who keep up with this????

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000