Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 [Cormyr: Tearing of The Wave] Fembrys is captured!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Zarro Posted - 07 Feb 2009 : 11:15:44
In the Tearing of The Wave campaign adventure my PCs went through the ritual of the Mystra's Sacred Trust in the Temple of Mystra in Wheelon. Finally they defeated Starweaver Fembrys in the encounter area T14 without killing him.

Now they want to question him.
My question are: What Fembrys will say? He will lie and risk his life, or he will spill the beans?

How did you manage such a situation?
Thanks a lot to all.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wrigs13 Posted - 10 Feb 2009 : 09:01:11
Good one, its amazing how many characters moral's are loosened by a large pile of gold pieces. I have even seen a Paladin think twice about how to justify something dodgy for a suitably large pay off.
Darkheyr Posted - 09 Feb 2009 : 22:10:44
Or, of course, he could try paying them.

There are parties where this causes quite some interesting situations.
Wrigs13 Posted - 09 Feb 2009 : 21:20:28
Maybe Fembrys can do the old film bad guy classic, simply laugh in the pc's faces and say "I am not going to tell you anything. Do you want to know why? Well let me explain it slowly so you can understand. You are going to let me go or you will never see (insert pc's significant other) again. Hahahahahahhaha. You see I am here because I choose to be, now let us discuss what you are going to do for me." Always good to rub your hands together while you cackle. I find in situations like this if your going to use a stereotype, you might as well enjoy it.
Darkheyr Posted - 09 Feb 2009 : 19:25:03
Or he could just blame the church of Cyric, especially if they HAVENT figured out to which of the two he belongs to.

Though I'd say the lycanthropes of Selune is a fine idea.

In either case, I highly doubt any amount of threats or even torture would make Fembrys (or other ranking clergy of the Mistress of the Night) "spill the beans", and as far as domination effects go I'd offer him an immediate reroll as per the spell's description if forced to do so.
Wrigs13 Posted - 07 Feb 2009 : 23:27:44
I would suggest that a priest of shar would revel in causing mistrust and creating an aura of hopelessness. By lying to the pcs that either one of there own is involved or some organisation they trusted before the capture. Ultimatly the best option at this point is to lie and blame the lycanthropes associated with the temple of selune in immersea for the mess. This would further his and shars goals and would actually be worth dying for.
Arion Elenim Posted - 07 Feb 2009 : 18:28:34
If you really wanted to mess with your PCs, he could claim to be able to see into their deepest heart of hearts, and offer them information if they are each of them willing to pay him with their darkest, most shameful secret. Course, he'd be under no obligation to tell the truth afterward, and they'd be under no compulsion to either.

Sort of a Hannibal Lecter quid-pro-quo kind of thing...
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 07 Feb 2009 : 15:59:42
Fembrys is a devout cleric of Shar, the Keeper of Secrets. None of her clerics would every 'spill the beans'.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000