Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 [Cormyr: Tearing of The Wave] Fembrys is captured!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zarro
Acolyte

Italy
12 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2009 :  11:15:44  Show Profile  Visit Zarro's Homepage Send Zarro a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In the Tearing of The Wave campaign adventure my PCs went through the ritual of the Mystra's Sacred Trust in the Temple of Mystra in Wheelon. Finally they defeated Starweaver Fembrys in the encounter area T14 without killing him.

Now they want to question him.
My question are: What Fembrys will say? He will lie and risk his life, or he will spill the beans?

How did you manage such a situation?
Thanks a lot to all.

Zarro™

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2009 :  15:59:42  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fembrys is a devout cleric of Shar, the Keeper of Secrets. None of her clerics would every 'spill the beans'.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2009 :  18:28:34  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you really wanted to mess with your PCs, he could claim to be able to see into their deepest heart of hearts, and offer them information if they are each of them willing to pay him with their darkest, most shameful secret. Course, he'd be under no obligation to tell the truth afterward, and they'd be under no compulsion to either.

Sort of a Hannibal Lecter quid-pro-quo kind of thing...

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm

Edited by - Arion Elenim on 07 Feb 2009 18:30:10
Go to Top of Page

Wrigs13
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
201 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2009 :  23:27:44  Show Profile  Visit Wrigs13's Homepage Send Wrigs13 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would suggest that a priest of shar would revel in causing mistrust and creating an aura of hopelessness. By lying to the pcs that either one of there own is involved or some organisation they trusted before the capture. Ultimatly the best option at this point is to lie and blame the lycanthropes associated with the temple of selune in immersea for the mess. This would further his and shars goals and would actually be worth dying for.

Do not try to understand the 4th edition. Thats impossible. Instead...only try to realise the truth. There is no 4th edition.
Go to Top of Page

Darkheyr
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2009 :  19:25:03  Show Profile  Visit Darkheyr's Homepage Send Darkheyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or he could just blame the church of Cyric, especially if they HAVENT figured out to which of the two he belongs to.

Though I'd say the lycanthropes of Selune is a fine idea.

In either case, I highly doubt any amount of threats or even torture would make Fembrys (or other ranking clergy of the Mistress of the Night) "spill the beans", and as far as domination effects go I'd offer him an immediate reroll as per the spell's description if forced to do so.

silm.pw - A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
Go to Top of Page

Wrigs13
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
201 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2009 :  21:20:28  Show Profile  Visit Wrigs13's Homepage Send Wrigs13 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe Fembrys can do the old film bad guy classic, simply laugh in the pc's faces and say "I am not going to tell you anything. Do you want to know why? Well let me explain it slowly so you can understand. You are going to let me go or you will never see (insert pc's significant other) again. Hahahahahahhaha. You see I am here because I choose to be, now let us discuss what you are going to do for me." Always good to rub your hands together while you cackle. I find in situations like this if your going to use a stereotype, you might as well enjoy it.

Do not try to understand the 4th edition. Thats impossible. Instead...only try to realise the truth. There is no 4th edition.
Go to Top of Page

Darkheyr
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2009 :  22:10:44  Show Profile  Visit Darkheyr's Homepage Send Darkheyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or, of course, he could try paying them.

There are parties where this causes quite some interesting situations.

silm.pw - A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
Go to Top of Page

Wrigs13
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
201 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2009 :  09:01:11  Show Profile  Visit Wrigs13's Homepage Send Wrigs13 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good one, its amazing how many characters moral's are loosened by a large pile of gold pieces. I have even seen a Paladin think twice about how to justify something dodgy for a suitably large pay off.

Edited by - Wrigs13 on 10 Feb 2009 09:01:42
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000