Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Game Accuracy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ranin Posted - 25 Mar 2008 : 17:10:53
This may be a simple question but I wanted to make sure. With respect to locales such as villages and inns such as Beregost and its inns in BGI and tiny villages like Gullykin and ruins and dungeons and so forth, Trademeet and the Umar hills and so forth, are they an invention of the game producers such as BioWare or Wizards of the Coast or are they real locales in the general Forgotten Realms world that you would find in a campaign setting?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BlackAce Posted - 27 Mar 2008 : 16:28:08
Hmm, Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast (geography wise) are both based on canon info or were developed into canon info. Though, as the others have said, Bioware and Black Isle took a more inventive tack in Shadow's of Amn and Throne of Bhaal. Where the map 'paintings' pay only incredibly vague lip service to what Amn and Tethyr really look like.
Ranin Posted - 26 Mar 2008 : 19:59:58
Thats what I figured. I know, for exaple, that NWN OC gets Luskan pretty accurate.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 26 Mar 2008 : 17:49:34
Remember too that the games don't purport to show you everything--for example, you don't get to visit every nook and cranny in Athkatla, only select parts of it.
Caedwyr Posted - 25 Mar 2008 : 21:34:14
There are some differences, but a lot of the material is lifted straight from the sourcebooks. Athkatla in BG2 and Baldur's Gate in BG1 are both somewhat different in the sourcebooks, and there are more cities and towns than shown in the game within the game areas, but they are a good starter.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 25 Mar 2008 : 17:43:24
Most of those locales are in fact straight from the sourcebooks.
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 25 Mar 2008 : 17:39:24
You can find them in the general Forgotten realms campaign setting...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000