Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Favorite Trilogy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Faramicos Posted - 27 Jul 2005 : 12:50:55
Which trilogy is your all time favorite. (NO SPOILERS PLEASE).
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Arcanamach Posted - 17 Dec 2013 : 15:48:45
Moonshae, followed by Dark Elf.
Alruane Posted - 17 Nov 2013 : 22:45:06
So far it's the Icewind Dale trilogy.
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 22 Jun 2012 : 14:17:18
Entromancer, Thauranil, thanks for the kind words.

I think the first three books of Brotherhood of the Griffon can legitimately be considered a trilogy. Together, they tell one big story, my first Chessenta story. Then, in Book 4, my Rashemen sequence begins.
Thauranil Posted - 22 Jun 2012 : 08:54:22
quote:
Originally posted by Entromancer

Its not an official trilogy per se, but the first 3 novels of the Brotherhood of the Griffon have an excellent narrative that strikes a good balance between warfare and political intrigue. Aoth is one of my favorite characters to come from the Realms, and Tchazzar has grown to be one of my favorite antagonists.

I especially enjoyed the draconic lore in this unofficial trilogy as well as the look at dragonborn culture.

Agreed, its was a very good series and I am looking forward to reading more. Hope there are some more novels about the dragonborn as well, unlike some people i don't consider them ripoffs but a genuinely interesting species.
Entromancer Posted - 22 Jun 2012 : 00:18:19
Its not an official trilogy per se, but the first 3 novels of the Brotherhood of the Griffon have an excellent narrative that strikes a good balance between warfare and political intrigue. Aoth is one of my favorite characters to come from the Realms, and Tchazzar has grown to be one of my favorite antagonists.

I especially enjoyed the draconic lore in this unofficial trilogy as well as the look at dragonborn culture.
Dennis Posted - 15 Jun 2012 : 08:07:22
quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478

I am surprised that the Shadow of the Avatar received so many votes. That series definitely did not agree with me.

Neither to me. I wonder if there would come a time when Elminster is spared from being portrayed as a doddering fool.
Ivan the Chef Posted - 14 Jun 2012 : 20:39:12
Without a doubt my favorites are the Erevis Cale trilogies. The Twilight War Trilogy is something that I come back to every 6 months or so. I just can't wait for the release of Godborn after so many years. To tide me over, it's going to be some more of Paul's writing. His new book hits really soon!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Jun 2012 : 17:36:51
quote:
Originally posted by MrsDrasek

Due to the age of this scroll, back then I would have wondered why the Finder's Stone trilogy missed the list.
As of to date: my pick would be "The Twilight War" trilogy hands down.

I believe the original poster was listing the trilogies he'd read.

I personally voted for that trilogy, though, back on the first page. The Finder's Stone books remain among my faves, and I still recommend them to people.
MrsDrasek Posted - 14 Jun 2012 : 16:52:41
Due to the age of this scroll, back then I would have wondered why the Finder's Stone trilogy missed the list.
As of to date: my pick would be "The Twilight War" trilogy hands down.
GRYPHON Posted - 03 Mar 2012 : 15:52:40
Shadows of the Avatar...
Mournblade Posted - 29 Feb 2012 : 02:03:17
I was torn between icewind dale or moonshaes. Overall I love them all now.

1000! YES! I am now a master of Realmslore
Lord Karsus Posted - 29 Feb 2012 : 02:01:42
quote:
Originally posted by skychrome

Voting on this poll is like asking if the Beatles are still number one on the billboards...

-2005 was seven years ago. Time is...unfair.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 29 Feb 2012 : 01:41:36
Many good trilogies missing but i voted Icewind Dale. I am surprised that the Shadow of the Avatar received so many votes. That series definitely did not agree with me.
skychrome Posted - 29 Feb 2012 : 01:25:07
Voting on this poll is like asking if the Beatles are still number one on the billboards...
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 26 Feb 2012 : 12:45:48
From these Avatar
Thauranil Posted - 26 Feb 2012 : 12:02:50
Oops Im sorry did'nt see how old this scroll was.
Thauranil Posted - 26 Feb 2012 : 11:59:48
Of the choices available i am going to have to go with The Icewind Dale trilogy as it was what turned me into a fan of the realms and so i will always have a soft spot for it.
Dennis Posted - 12 Nov 2011 : 08:29:59

There have been many engrossing trilogies since the creation of this thread. It goes without saying my choice is not on the list.
Icelander Posted - 12 Nov 2011 : 03:39:08
Of the listed, the Dark Elf trilogy. Very vivid evocations of drow society, first rate fantasy world-building by Ed and Bob.
Enialus Meliamne Posted - 23 Jan 2007 : 10:24:25
The first FR book I read was The Crystal Shard by RAS. I've read the full series now, and this particular trilogy completely, 4 times so far.

Yes...I GREATLY like RAS writing, and I'm not ashamed to admit it either...The beauty of the FR series of books is, the multitude of differing writes who contribute to it. For instance, I have enjoyed most every FR book I've purchased.
koz Posted - 23 Jan 2007 : 08:24:03
If I have to choose one that is listed it would be Icewind Dale. That is the series that brought me into the realms.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 04 Oct 2005 : 20:51:21
quote:
Originally posted by Winterfox

quote:
Originally posted by quajack

I would really be interested in hearing peoples', (who have read it), reasons why the Dark Elf Trilogy is not their favorite. I cannot understand how anyone who has read these books does not consider them to be the best in the Realms.

Eh. Perspective, maybe?

That would be my answer. I like Drizzt, but I'm just not as enamoured of him as many other people are. Homeland and the rest of the DET were good reads, but they certainly aren't my favorites, either for writing or for simple sentimental reasons.
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 04 Oct 2005 : 20:16:56
I personally skip over all the monologues in front of the books in the Drizzt novels. They are quite tiresome.

C-Fb
Winterfox Posted - 04 Oct 2005 : 20:10:20
quote:
Originally posted by quajack

I would really be interested in hearing peoples', (who have read it), reasons why the Dark Elf Trilogy is not their favorite. I cannot understand how anyone who has read these books does not consider them to be the best in the Realms.

Eh. Perspective, maybe? Personally, I can't see the appeal of Drizzt as a character or Salvatore as an author, but I don't bother questioning Wow, how can anybody possibly think this is remotely enjoyable? when I find it to be about as engaging as eating soggy cardboard.
khorne Posted - 02 Oct 2005 : 10:58:52
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:
Originally posted by khorne

quote:
Originally posted by Beezy

I am not saying the Hunter's Blade Trilogy was not good or anything. I bought them as soon as they came out in hardback and enjoyed them. I just think that they are just repeating many of the elements of the other Drizzt novels. I did like King Obould as well.

It`s funny. I never thought that Drizzt`s inner monologues were tiresome. Until I came here. Slowly but surely the general opinion about it started to seep into my brain.........Does anyone here know an Illithid-hunter? Alaundo, I`m afraid we might have been infiltrated by a large force of the tentacle-faces

Well met

Nothing to do with me, my dear khorne. And my scraggy knotted beard does not resemble illithid tentacles....despite the rumors

Then if you don`t know about an infestation we have to ask some psions to investigate the place, since the flayers have hid themselves very carefully.
Beezy Posted - 02 Oct 2005 : 07:47:01
I didn't mind the inner monologues until the Hunter's Blade trilogy and then I grew tired of readign ther same themes over and over
Alaundo Posted - 01 Oct 2005 : 19:45:48
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

quote:

I am not saying the Hunter's Blade Trilogy was not good or anything. I bought them as soon as they came out in hardback and enjoyed them. I just think that they are just repeating many of the elements of the other Drizzt novels. I did like King Obould as well.

It`s funny. I never thought that Drizzt`s inner monologues were tiresome. Until I came here. Slowly but surely the general opinion about it started to seep into my brain.........Does anyone here know an Illithid-hunter? Alaundo, I`m afraid we might have been infiltrated by a large force of the tentacle-faces

Well met

Nothing to do with me, my dear khorne. And my scraggy knotted beard does not resemble illithid tentacles....despite the rumors
Thelonius Posted - 01 Oct 2005 : 19:35:57
Indeed they seemed a bit tiresome to me, even before entering this thread
khorne Posted - 01 Oct 2005 : 18:48:16
quote:

Beezy Posted - 01 Oct 2005 : 18:19:49

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000