Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Help settle an arguement: Predator D&D size

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dargoth Posted - 24 Jul 2005 : 08:13:58
Im currently in the process of redoing my "Predator" FR D&D conversion and my brother reckons that there medium sized but I say their large

The Monster Manual defines medium size as 4-8 feet and large as 8-16 Feet.

I believe the Predator would be just over 8 feet tall

* The creature Im refering to is the Predator from the 2 Predator movies (one featuring Arnie) and the more recent Aliens vs Predator it has also appeared in Darkhorse comic series
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BlackDragonKarameikos Posted - 13 May 2008 : 14:17:42
I have to say large as well. The actor that actually played the original Predator(in the movie with Arnold) was 7' 4" if I remember correctly(which is why he was hired for the part, they wanted someone that was taller than Arnold).
Ergdusch Posted - 16 Jan 2008 : 10:59:33
My initial thought was medium - going by the movies really. However, the arguements found here supported that first thought of mine. So my vote is out and it goes to medium.

Ergdusch, supporter of the 'Medium for Preditor 2008' Campaign
GRYPHON Posted - 16 Jan 2008 : 10:03:52
It kind of just jumped out and bit me...as I was blindly wandering about the Halls...
Jorkens Posted - 16 Jan 2008 : 07:59:21
Now where did you find this one hidden Gryphon? Medium would be my late answer. Or maybe raw?
GRYPHON Posted - 16 Jan 2008 : 05:57:22
I would say Medium...
Xysma Posted - 03 Aug 2005 : 14:44:22
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

I would be inclined to say Medium (at the top end) instead of Large, and give them the Powerful-Build quality that the Goliaths and Half-Giants have.

That's a great idea. I would consider Predators medium creatures, I don't think they are large enough to warrant AC penalties or have reach. I like the Powerful Build quality, it is perfect for situations like this where a race is significantly larger and stronger than humans, but not large enough to be considered "large."

Dargoth Posted - 26 Jul 2005 : 00:43:22
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

I would be inclined to say Medium (at the top end) instead of Large, and give them the Powerful-Build quality that the Goliaths and Half-Giants have.

Hmm thats an idea
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 Jul 2005 : 00:26:37
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

The Height of the knees is dependent on the height of the person. Arnie is over 6 feet tall and I reckon Kevin Peter Hall (The actor who plays the Predator) is close to 7 foot

According to IMDB.com, the late Kevin Peter Hall was 7'2½". Still Medium.
Melfius Posted - 26 Jul 2005 : 00:18:08
Regardless, 6 or 7 feet, it still falls well within the Medium range.
Dargoth Posted - 26 Jul 2005 : 00:13:30
The Height of the knees is dependent on the height of the person. Arnie is over 6 feet tall and I reckon Kevin Peter Hall (The actor who plays the Predator) is close to 7 foot
Kentinal Posted - 26 Jul 2005 : 00:01:52
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Actually the Predators at least a foot taller than Arnine

Near the end of the movie the Predator picks Arnie up by his throat and raises him up so their looking eye ball to eye ball and Arnies boots are dangling around the Predators knees

The knees are one foot or less from the ground, perhaps. *wink* or very swmall person was picked up.
Dargoth Posted - 25 Jul 2005 : 23:54:13
Actually the Predators at least a foot taller than Arnine

Near the end of the movie the Predator picks Arnie up by his throat and raises him up so their looking eye ball to eye ball and Arnies boots are dangling around the Predators knees
Melfius Posted - 25 Jul 2005 : 23:03:39
Well, Kentinal, as one of the sad few who actually saw both of those movies, I can say that older, wiser Predators are also Medium. Now, I will go back to my daily penance of watching the D&D Movie.
Kentinal Posted - 25 Jul 2005 : 22:28:54
I want another option *wink*

As far as it goes you could go with level advancement in monster Hit Dice (where many change size).
ode904 Posted - 25 Jul 2005 : 21:58:32
I say medium. You have said the facts already..
And word 'predator' is something dangerous, but also fast and creature with good movement in my mind. Not something big creature.
I would say medium
Melfius Posted - 25 Jul 2005 : 21:25:44
I agree with Wooly. Also, having watched the "Making of's", I know that not much was done to increase the actor's height. Being that he was human, that would put him as a Medium. Also, the Governator is about the same height.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 25 Jul 2005 : 17:09:48
They didn't look more than 7' tall, if that, in the movies. I say medium.
Jindael Posted - 25 Jul 2005 : 12:33:38
I say medium as well. They are close enough in size to humans to not really matter, and they really don't need the negative that come with being large. With their unique weapon sets, they hardly need the reach either.

And, while they are big, they don't quite strike me as large.
warlockco Posted - 24 Jul 2005 : 22:40:26
The Sage Posted - 24 Jul 2005 : 08:54:20
Most of the online sources on the Yautja would seem to suggest that they stand over seven feet tall -- with females averaging just a fraction taller.

This page suggests a height of around 250cm for males and 300cm for females. The wiki entry offers a stat of just over two metres, while one of the primary sources for information on the Predator race tells us that they average a height of around 2-2.5 metres.

Looking at these, I'd also agree with your "large" assessment.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000