Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Information on The Harpers?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Yasraena Posted - 04 Apr 2003 : 09:09:37
I was wondering if anyone out there could point me in the direction of any info concerning the Harpers in Faerun. (Besides "The Code Of The Harpers" source book and Harper novels that is) Most of the other 'official' cannon only has a paragraph or two in them, but nothing as substantial as either of the above sourcebooks.
My PC has just recently joined the ranks of this austere group and I'd like to know more about them.
Thanks!
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 13 Jan 2004 : 13:22:42
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

I find most of the accurate stuff Realmswise on ENWorld is information (not rumours) reposted from REALMS-L.

Ah, that explains it then. The REALMS-L will of course, always be THE source.
Shadowlord Posted - 13 Jan 2004 : 03:34:05
I agree, normally it is quite accurate
Faraer Posted - 12 Jan 2004 : 15:07:18
I find most of the accurate stuff Realmswise on ENWorld is information (not rumours) reposted from REALMS-L.
The Sage Posted - 09 Jan 2004 : 05:23:17
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

(My recollection of ENWorld rumours is they've rarely been right.)

Really...?. That's a little strange. Nearly all of the new material released for FR (and other CS), I had first learned about, as rumors on the EN World forums...
Shadowlord Posted - 08 Jan 2004 : 20:28:48
Oh, Cyric, for once (and probably only this once) we are in complete agreement.
Faraer Posted - 08 Jan 2004 : 20:24:01
The current WotC sourcebooks (which are partly targeted at non-Realms players) will never have such in-depth information as FOR4. Though as always in the Realms, bits and pieces of lore are scattered all over the place, such as in all of Ed's novels.

(My recollection of ENWorld rumours is they've rarely been right.)
Cyric Posted - 08 Jan 2004 : 17:13:03
All harpers shuld be burned that all you ned to know....
The Sage Posted - 06 Jan 2004 : 12:05:12
Not as yet Yasraena. Although, the people at EN World have very rarely been wrong when it comes to topics like this, so who knows...
Yasraena Posted - 04 Jan 2004 : 10:34:15
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Actually it is funny that this old scroll be again brought to the fore...I was just reading on the EN World forums yesterday about some possible rumors that the Harpers/Moonstars may be getting their own section of a new sourcebook in 3e FR...Part of a tome that is meant to detail the Good- and Neutral-aligned power-groups of the Realms.

Sounds interesting. I'd like to know more than just what's in the Code of the Harpers.
Any of these rumors substantiated by WotC yet, Sage?
Shadowlord Posted - 04 Jan 2004 : 02:34:33
yeah, they were the pet project of elminster, and in my opinion Khelben is becoming an arrogant fool
The Cardinal Posted - 04 Jan 2004 : 02:23:10
Well I like them moonstars already... it does seem that Khelben is coming into his own... I mean the harpers were the pet project of Elminster, weren't they?
The Sage Posted - 04 Jan 2004 : 02:10:45
...Khelben's ego...

Seriously...
The main source of the schism which lead to the creation of the Moonstars was the alleged dealings that Master Arunsun had supposedly made with the Zhentarim, namely the removal of the Scepter of the Sorcerer Kings from it's hidden vault deep in the Catacombs of the Sembian city of Ordulin. It is believed that part of these dealings also had something to do with Khelben's perceived danger of The Three Threats Who Wait in Darkness.

More details on the Moonstars, and their creation can be found in the 2e FR tome Cloak and Dagger.
The Cardinal Posted - 04 Jan 2004 : 01:46:11
It would be intresting to read such a sourcebook. Although I shudder to once again read about Harpers, it would provide intresting Insight into their current troubles... Actually what WAS the cause of the current split in the Harper group?
The Sage Posted - 04 Jan 2004 : 01:39:00
Actually it is funny that this old scroll be again brought to the fore...I was just reading on the EN World forums yesterday about some possible rumors that the Harpers/Moonstars may be getting their own section of a new sourcebook in 3e FR...Part of a tome that is meant to detail the Good- and Neutral-aligned power-groups of the Realms.
Dracandos the Spellsage Posted - 03 Jan 2004 : 18:39:15
if u have the Baldur's Gate game manual u can turn 2 pg 51. theres not much but it tells some
Dragon Cultist Posted - 03 Jan 2004 : 16:28:59
quote:
Originally posted by Yasraena

Yes it is and yes I do. And boy, do we have a lot of them! The Zhentarim, Cult of the Dragon...
...Having to fight these groups was the main reason I chose my quote. It's very easy to take on the practices of thine enemies to defeat them. But if you do, your no better than they are.

You wound me, my dear. Those Who Harp and the Wearers of the Purple, enemies?
And to think that all this time, me and mine have only been seeking...peaceful coexistence...

Yasraena Posted - 06 Apr 2003 : 03:41:14
quote:
Originally posted by zemd
Yes but what is more revelant knowing someone's ennemies. You know what hapers stand against

Yes it is and yes I do. And boy, do we have a lot of them! The Zhentarim, Cult of the Dragon, The Red Wizards, etc. Having to fight these groups was the main reason I chose my quote. It's very easy to take on the practices of thine enemies to defeat them. But if you do, your no better than they are. And Yasraena has to really be conscious of that fact. (BTW-the quote is a bastardized version of one that I read somewhere. I thought it very appropriate for a Harper, who also happens to be a Drow)
branmakmuffin Posted - 05 Apr 2003 : 22:36:30
Yasraena:
quote:
Thanks Bookwyrm. I told you I was new to this forum stuff.

Here is a helpful link: http://www.acronyms.ch/
zemd Posted - 05 Apr 2003 : 21:23:43
quote:
Originally posted by Yasraena

Rad: What's the IIRC?
zemd: I've read through COTD, RoZK, and WatN, and there isn't that much in any one of those that COTH doesn't cover more in-depth. But thanks anyway!

Yes but what is more revelant knowing someone's ennemies. You know what hapers stand against
Bookwyrm Posted - 05 Apr 2003 : 10:51:05
It's not just "forum stuff" -- it's a sort of "cyber-dialect." I just call it chatspeak. It means all those little annoying bits that people write out to avoid writing the whole thing: "i" instead of "I" (or capitolizing anything, for that matter), "IMHO" for "In My Humble Opinion," or "ROTFLMHO" which means "Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Head Off."

I find these a bit annoying. The only exceptions I make are for "lol" and "brb." "lol" because it's become an expression of emotion that can't really be portrayed in normal English; and "brb" because when you need to run somewhere quick, you need a time saver, and so "brb" isn't evidence of lazyness.

Disclaimer:
The views expressed herein are solely that of the writer, and are not to be taken as a statement that said writer is higher and mighter than readers of whom this message might be construed as to be referring to.

()
Yasraena Posted - 05 Apr 2003 : 07:03:13
Thanks Bookwyrm. I told you I was new to this forum stuff.
Bookwyrm Posted - 05 Apr 2003 : 00:18:46
"IIRC" is just chatspeak for "If I Recall Correctly." Nothing to do with FR -- just people too lazy to type the whole thing out.
Yasraena Posted - 04 Apr 2003 : 21:18:40
Rad: What's the IIRC?
zemd: I've read through COTD, RoZK, and WatN, and there isn't that much in any one of those that COTH doesn't cover more in-depth. But thanks anyway!
zemd Posted - 04 Apr 2003 : 13:05:11
Yes, they make an appearance in Cloak and Dagger, as well as in Cult of the Dragon, maybe in Ruins of Zhzntil Keep, some info in Waterdeep and the North, ... it's all that comes on the top of my head
Lord Rad Posted - 04 Apr 2003 : 11:07:46
I believe the 3rd edition sourcebook Lords of Darkness contains such information. Also IIRC, the 2nd edition Cloak and Dagger?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000