Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Dragon Compendium Volume 1

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Xysma Posted - 13 Jul 2005 : 14:41:17
Dragon Compendium Volume 1, a 256 page hardbound collection of the best articles from Dragon magazine, updated to 3ed is in development. I'm sure you guys who still play 2ed won't be as interested, but I'm looking forward to it. Are there any particular articles anyone expects to see?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Reefy Posted - 14 Jul 2005 : 17:24:58
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Hmm wasnt there a poll a while ago or some sort of inhouse contest where they declared which where the best articles from Dragon?

If there reprinting those articles then those desiring Wyrmys of the North may be out of luck. The only Prominent "FR article" I remember seeing in the final list was Ed Greenwoods Guide to the 9 Hells"

Doesn't exactly sound promising.
SiriusBlack Posted - 14 Jul 2005 : 16:55:18
quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

Dragon Compendium Volume 1, a 256 page hardbound collection of the best articles from Dragon magazine, updated to 3ed is in development. I'm sure you guys who still play 2ed won't be as interested, but I'm looking forward to it. Are there any particular articles anyone expects to see?

Where did you find out about this development?
Dargoth Posted - 14 Jul 2005 : 03:15:04
Hmm wasnt there a poll a while ago or some sort of inhouse contest where they declared which where the best articles from Dragon?

If there reprinting those articles then those desiring Wyrmys of the North may be out of luck. The only Prominent "FR article" I remember seeing in the final list was Ed Greenwoods Guide to the 9 Hells"
The Sage Posted - 14 Jul 2005 : 03:02:20
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

What would be kind of nice is to see a big compendium of all FR articles that have appeared in Dragon, updated or not....

I would love to have such a tome!
As would we all!

quote:
Ditto for the Realms articles in Polyhedron...
I wouldn't mind seeing a complete collection of all the FR adventures published in Dungeon either.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Jul 2005 : 22:55:21
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

What would be kind of nice is to see a big compendium of all FR articles that have appeared in Dragon, updated or not....

I would love to have such a tome!

Ditto for the Realms articles in Polyhedron...
Melfius Posted - 13 Jul 2005 : 20:31:30
Better yet, how about all the Wizard's Three articles? Now that's what I'd like to see!
TomCosta Posted - 13 Jul 2005 : 20:07:01
I doubt they will include the Wyrms of the North since they were all updated on the WotC website....

My guess is it will be heavily slanted toward pre-3E, if not pre-3.5E stuff -- maybe pulling from the first 250 or 300 issues.

What would be kind of nice is to see a big compendium of all FR articles that have appeared in Dragon, updated or not.... Taking off where Roger Moore's left and moving forward. So many little tidbits out there, it's hard to keep them all in mind. Also wouldn't mind seeing a bestiary of all monsters that have appeared in Dragon and Dungeon that aren't in a WotC 3E or 3.5E book (so including new 3E monsters too).
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Jul 2005 : 17:29:02
So they're revisiting the old "The Best of Dragon" concept, huh?

I can't say this one is grabbing me... I'd still rather see them do updates to the old Dragon Magazine Archive CD-ROM. There's been a lot of issues since 250...
Melfius Posted - 13 Jul 2005 : 17:15:43
Most likely it would include Ed's Wyrms of the North. At least, I hope it will.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000