Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Dragon Compendium Volume 1
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2005 :  14:41:17  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Dragon Compendium Volume 1, a 256 page hardbound collection of the best articles from Dragon magazine, updated to 3ed is in development. I'm sure you guys who still play 2ed won't be as interested, but I'm looking forward to it. Are there any particular articles anyone expects to see?

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2005 :  17:15:43  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most likely it would include Ed's Wyrms of the North. At least, I hope it will.

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages

Edited by - Melfius on 13 Jul 2005 17:16:03
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2005 :  17:29:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So they're revisiting the old "The Best of Dragon" concept, huh?

I can't say this one is grabbing me... I'd still rather see them do updates to the old Dragon Magazine Archive CD-ROM. There's been a lot of issues since 250...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2005 :  20:07:01  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I doubt they will include the Wyrms of the North since they were all updated on the WotC website....

My guess is it will be heavily slanted toward pre-3E, if not pre-3.5E stuff -- maybe pulling from the first 250 or 300 issues.

What would be kind of nice is to see a big compendium of all FR articles that have appeared in Dragon, updated or not.... Taking off where Roger Moore's left and moving forward. So many little tidbits out there, it's hard to keep them all in mind. Also wouldn't mind seeing a bestiary of all monsters that have appeared in Dragon and Dungeon that aren't in a WotC 3E or 3.5E book (so including new 3E monsters too).
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2005 :  20:31:30  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Better yet, how about all the Wizard's Three articles? Now that's what I'd like to see!

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2005 :  22:55:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

What would be kind of nice is to see a big compendium of all FR articles that have appeared in Dragon, updated or not....

I would love to have such a tome!

Ditto for the Realms articles in Polyhedron...

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2005 :  03:02:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

What would be kind of nice is to see a big compendium of all FR articles that have appeared in Dragon, updated or not....

I would love to have such a tome!
As would we all!

quote:
Ditto for the Realms articles in Polyhedron...
I wouldn't mind seeing a complete collection of all the FR adventures published in Dungeon either.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2005 :  03:15:04  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm wasnt there a poll a while ago or some sort of inhouse contest where they declared which where the best articles from Dragon?

If there reprinting those articles then those desiring Wyrmys of the North may be out of luck. The only Prominent "FR article" I remember seeing in the final list was Ed Greenwoods Guide to the 9 Hells"

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2005 :  16:55:18  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

Dragon Compendium Volume 1, a 256 page hardbound collection of the best articles from Dragon magazine, updated to 3ed is in development. I'm sure you guys who still play 2ed won't be as interested, but I'm looking forward to it. Are there any particular articles anyone expects to see?

Where did you find out about this development?
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2005 :  17:24:58  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Hmm wasnt there a poll a while ago or some sort of inhouse contest where they declared which where the best articles from Dragon?

If there reprinting those articles then those desiring Wyrmys of the North may be out of luck. The only Prominent "FR article" I remember seeing in the final list was Ed Greenwoods Guide to the 9 Hells"

Doesn't exactly sound promising.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000