Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Good FR name for a Dog

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dracandos the Spellsage Posted - 11 Jul 2005 : 05:32:26
Greetings. Im getting a new dog soon and I would like to name it after someone in the FR but I cant think of any good names for a dog. It has to be somewhat of a short name, easy to pronounce, and sound like a good dog name. The only one I could think of was Volo. Anyone have any ideas? My thanks
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Faramicos Posted - 14 Jul 2005 : 18:41:39
YES YES.... Leader of the meanest pack of dogs in the realms... That dog was as cool as any of the other characters of the books... One of my absolute favorits... HAIL CANTUS.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Jul 2005 : 17:08:42
quote:
Originally posted by Faramicos

How about adopting the name Cantus from the Moonshae books. It is a good strong name for a dog...

Ah, Cantus the moorhound, who, as I recall, became the leader of the Pack (*cue motorcycle revving noises*). Good choice!
Faramicos Posted - 14 Jul 2005 : 16:25:26
How about adopting the name Cantus from the Moonshae books. It is a good strong name for a dog...
Dracandos the Spellsage Posted - 12 Jul 2005 : 07:30:39
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Well, if you are really nasty you could name it Kezef, lol.

I was thinking that actually but it doesnt sound much like a dog name

quote:
Originally posted by Sadonayerah Odrydin

Um...do you know if you're gonna get a female or a male dog? Cause if it's a girl, how about Storm or Laeral?

Boy: How about Wyn (from Song and Swords series, I can't remember the name right now.... Elfsong?) or Regis (after the Halfling in the Drizzt series).

Not too sure about any other names, as it's really late where I'm at and I'm not remembering much. lol!

Oops forgot to say that. Itll be a male

quote:
Originally posted by Thureen Buroch

What about naming him after one of the FR deities? If the dog is a golden retriever, or similar breed, you could name him Tyr. If he's going to be a watchdog, you could name him Helm. Torm would also be a good name, since Torm is the god of loyalty. Of course, those are all names for a boy dog ...

I was thinking about that as well, but couldnt find one that sounded like a good dogs name

quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

I don't think you can go wrong with your original thought of Volo.

"What is that dreadful racket, dear?"
*sigh* "It's just Volo, he's at it again."

Haha, aye I agree. But Id still like to get more options. If anyone else has any ideas, please scribble them down in this scroll
Reefy Posted - 12 Jul 2005 : 00:47:31
I don't think you can go wrong with your original thought of Volo.

"What is that dreadful racket, dear?"
*sigh* "It's just Volo, he's at it again."
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Jul 2005 : 22:12:59
My minotaur named his horses after various ales and beers.

I also had a half-elf fighter-mage who named his horse "Chaser", a slight variation on Nchaser, the spellcaster.
Xysma Posted - 11 Jul 2005 : 20:17:42
I really liked Cyric as the name of Matteo's horse in Magehound, I always thought it would make a cool pet name as well.
Crennen FaerieBane Posted - 11 Jul 2005 : 20:03:07
Well, my wife and I recently acquired an ex-show Pomerian who came down with a genetic skin disorder that makes him lose his fur in patches (which thankfully reverses when neutered). Anyway, he is also a fiend for any turkey or chicken he eats. Since he has that evil streak and is losing his fur, we named him Szass Tam, as we figured it fit perfectly. Our bengal cat we are getting will be named Laeral, and our next Pom is to be Manshoon or Triel.

C-Fb
Fletcher Posted - 11 Jul 2005 : 18:17:38
One of my players loves to name his pets after major figures in the realms. Such as his cat Elminster, or his dog Caladnei. It leads to interesting conversations in the taverns of Arabel,

<laughter> "...and then..and then...Caladnei proceded to shred all of the bedclothes and pissed on my pillow!" <laughter> "I tell you. You've never seen a <female dog> so riled up. Well I had ta take my belt to her at that point...." <laughter>

OR

"...so that didn't work. I'm still trying to find a way to keep Elminster from taking a dump in my vegitable garden..."
Forge Posted - 11 Jul 2005 : 15:42:56
There was a dog in one of the Realms of Valor named King. Course he wasn't really a dog, but then that was kinda the whole point...
Thureen Buroch Posted - 11 Jul 2005 : 15:40:38
If you're going to go with a kinda ... er ... chubby dog, you could name him Mirt ...

What about naming him after one of the FR deities? If the dog is a golden retriever, or similar breed, you could name him Tyr. If he's going to be a watchdog, you could name him Helm. Torm would also be a good name, since Torm is the god of loyalty. Of course, those are all names for a boy dog ...
Faraer Posted - 11 Jul 2005 : 14:57:27
Skippy, at least, sounds like RPGA 'Amber Lynn Thoden'-style cloth-earedness.

Spellfire shows us how pets -- sometimes, anyway -- are named. They have have an informal nickname (such as the kitten name Snuggleguts), a proper name which is in the same form as other Faerūnian names but generally shorter, and a truename.
The Sage Posted - 11 Jul 2005 : 14:47:56
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

In Forsaken House, the wood elf ranger has a wolf named Sheeril.

I'm not really recalling any other canine names.

Skippy
Scuttle
Grog

They're all dog names from the Port of Raven's Bluff supplement.

We have Seth and Armas - the names of blink dogs - from the City of Raven's Bluff accessory.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Jul 2005 : 11:09:57
In Forsaken House, the wood elf ranger has a wolf named Sheeril.

I'm not really recalling any other canine names.
Sadonayerah Odrydin Posted - 11 Jul 2005 : 08:07:26
Um...do you know if you're gonna get a female or a male dog? Cause if it's a girl, how about Storm or Laeral?

Boy: How about Wyn (from Song and Swords series, I can't remember the name right now.... Elfsong?) or Regis (after the Halfling in the Drizzt series).

Not too sure about any other names, as it's really late where I'm at and I'm not remembering much. lol!
KnightErrantJR Posted - 11 Jul 2005 : 06:23:37
Well, if you are really nasty you could name it Kezef, lol.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000