Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Sensory Stones

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dracandos the Spellsage Posted - 02 Jun 2005 : 02:59:46
I am currently playing Planescape Torment and am at the part with the sensory stones within the Civic Festhall. My question is, do these stones (or a similar thing) exist on Faerun? I know they of course potentially could exist, obviously, my question is not matter of that. But whether or not there is evidence that they actually do exist. Is there any lore of them? My thanks.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dracandos the Spellsage Posted - 02 Jun 2005 : 03:49:19
Aye, but to be more precise, my questions are for a novel Im writing set in the realms; not for a DM. But yes, that is what I was wondering about if it would be practical to incorperate a sensory stone into my story. My thanks scribes
The Sage Posted - 02 Jun 2005 : 03:19:53
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Factom's Manifesto says they can't be taken out of the Civic Festhall. :) Page 137, "If taken out of the Festhall they lose thier enchantment and become lumps of rock."
Granted, but I wasn't speaking from a strictly rules-standpoint. I was assuming that Dracandos meant that a DM could create a case for a sensory stone existing in the Realms, if he or she so wished.

Speaking from the canon material though, no, sensory stones cannot be removed from the Civic Festhall of the Sensates in Sigil.
Kuje Posted - 02 Jun 2005 : 03:19:30
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Darn it . . . Kuje managed to slide in before I posted. I was about to point out that some magic items that are especially tied to a setting (such as a Dragon Lance from Krynn) may not function if taken outside of the place they are intended to function in.

Sorry. :)
KnightErrantJR Posted - 02 Jun 2005 : 03:16:22
Darn it . . . Kuje managed to slide in before I posted. I was about to point out that some magic items that are especially tied to a setting (such as a Dragon Lance from Krynn) may not function if taken outside of the place they are intended to function in.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 02 Jun 2005 : 03:14:58
Given that elven kiira store memories, feelings, and images, I would assume such things are not out of the realm of possibility, though obviously such things in established Realmslore have been elven magic.

Given that Sigil opens to the entire multiverse, and that Toril has so many portals, magic items that are native to other worlds would likely find there were into Toril from time to time. In fact, many named default D&D (i.e. Greyhawk) items are assumed to exist, so I don't see a problem with it.
Kuje Posted - 02 Jun 2005 : 03:13:41
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I don't think I've ever read a particular PS reference which mentions sensory stones appearing in the Realms, nor have I ever seen anything in a FR tome. And if I have, I've likely forgotten it.

As you said, such magical devices for memory storage could potentially exist in the Realms, and most likely do, but I know of no actual reference that puts them on Toril.

Factol's Manifesto says they can't be taken out of the Civic Festhall. :) Page 137, "If taken out of the Festhall they lose thier enchantment and become lumps of rock."
The Sage Posted - 02 Jun 2005 : 03:11:03
I don't think I've ever read a particular PS reference which mentions sensory stones appearing in the Realms, nor have I ever seen anything in a FR tome. And if I have, I've likely forgotten it.

As you said, such magical devices for memory storage could potentially exist in the Realms, and most likely do, but I know of no actual reference that puts them on Toril.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000