Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Candlekeep Compendium is released!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alaundo Posted - 08 Mar 2005 : 16:03:46
Well met

Please see this scroll, regarding the release of the Candlekeep Compendium.

Thank ye.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 13 Jan 2009 : 22:57:57
quote:
Originally posted by David E

Any idea when the next volume of the Compendium is due to be released?

See this previous page of discussion in the "Candlekeep Compendium" scroll:- http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3983&whichpage=9
Ashe Ravenheart Posted - 13 Jan 2009 : 20:25:42
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

It's in Limbo, while we wait for WotC to finally release a fan site policy.

And I'm doing my part by 'bumping" the fansite policy thread on the WotC boards every Monday.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Jan 2009 : 19:46:41
quote:

It's in Limbo, while we wait for WotC to finally release a fan site policy.
David E Posted - 13 Jan 2009 : 19:37:57
hammer of Moradin Posted - 14 Jan 2008 : 06:23:53
Sorry I missed submitting this issue. Everyone else's work is outstanding, as usual. Now, to check in and see if I'm still a card carrying member after my absence.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 14 Oct 2007 : 16:05:23
quote:
Originally posted by Neriandal Freit

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

I'm glad someone enjoyed Charles's article. Him and I, on and off, for, what was it Charles? a year or so now?, have tossed ideas back and forth when he was stuck on fleshing it out.

At the very least yes. The idea it self has been here for almost three years but been at least a year and half of off and on work!

I've seen your posts gathering information and hinting at this for a while now, so it was really nice to see it all put together.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 14 Oct 2007 : 16:04:24
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I cried for the little buggers. had no idea you intended to wipe-out the first settlement.

Also - my apologies. Not having actually read the article when making the map, I thought the 'tower' of Stumphill was an actual tower.

I would have put a 'tree' icon there instead.

I'd just like to point out that the Mistledale map also works for Jared's earlier article on the Dwarves of Glen in CKC #8.

I'm still so incredibly jealous of Brian's 'world map' it is so much more fitting for the compendium then mine.

Beautiful work, once again, all around.

I saw that in the artwork, but I wanted it designated one way or the other, and there is a sort of "fortified treehouse" in the tree, and it is a big tree, so I think it still works.

I'm glad Stumphill's story was moving. When I read that Paul had made Jak Fleet from Mistledale, I was thrilled, and once other events occured, I filled in a lot of details for my own campaign. You should see how the PCs in my campaign reacted when they arrived in the friendly halfling village that they used to rest in, with Matron Fleet cooking for them and such.

One of several times that the players took one to the gut in the campaign (as I'm sure Darkmeer can attest to). Emotional damage takes longer to heal . . .
Neriandal Freit Posted - 14 Oct 2007 : 13:26:43
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

I'm glad someone enjoyed Charles's article. Him and I, on and off, for, what was it Charles? a year or so now?, have tossed ideas back and forth when he was stuck on fleshing it out.

At the very least yes. The idea it self has been here for almost three years but been at least a year and half of off and on work!
Kajehase Posted - 12 Oct 2007 : 15:20:13
I haven't had a close look yet, so I'll settle for: "The Wakaloni Isles"...
Markustay Posted - 11 Oct 2007 : 18:02:04
I cried for the little buggers. had no idea you intended to wipe-out the first settlement.

Also - my apologies. Not having actually read the article when making the map, I thought the 'tower' of Stumphill was an actual tower.

I would have put a 'tree' icon there instead.

I'd just like to point out that the Mistledale map also works for Jared's earlier article on the Dwarves of Glen in CKC #8.

I'm still so incredibly jealous of Brian's 'world map' it is so much more fitting for the compendium then mine.

Beautiful work, once again, all around.
Kuje Posted - 11 Oct 2007 : 16:35:01
KnightErrantJR Posted - 11 Oct 2007 : 12:24:23
Horray, a shout out for Stumphill. Thanks Ergdusch. I honestly think (even though I'm biased) that this is some of our best work yet. Everyone did an amazing job on this release.
Ergdusch Posted - 11 Oct 2007 : 09:41:54
First one to post n this?!?! AH, anyway...

Great works all of them - once again. I especially like the articles on Stumphill and on the Redeemers of Dawn. Moreover I am amazed of the great cartogrphy art that is included. To my personal taste I find the computer arts not to fit in the overall lay-out of the Candlekeep Compendium but that just might be me and it is a thing I can easily overlook. Therefore, my high praises to all of those that where involved in creating this magnificant tome of lore. Great work, folks.

Ergdusch
Alaundo Posted - 10 Oct 2007 : 21:08:29
Well met

And here it is! May I proudly present Volume IX of the Candlekeep Compendium. A long time coming, but i'm sure you'll all agree that this is a fine collection of lore indeed.

Many thanks to all those involved, in producing the articles and artwork and also to Wooly for his hard work on battling through this during difficult times.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

You may download this volume (and previous volumes) HERE.

In this volume...

Age of Sail, Part I by Brian R. James
Folk of Faerûn: Nadlok Atheon by J P Hazelhoff
Untold Stories, collection VIII by Chris Jameson, Scott Kujawa
Sprites of Faerûn, Part II by Jorkens
The Hin of the Dalelands: Stumphill by Jared Rascher
Perilous Portals: The Sea Gates by Mark Taylor
Mercenary Companies of the Realms: Redeemers of Dawn by Charlie Grimes
Journal of an Apprentice Scribe: Legend of Impresk Lake by J P Hazelhoff

Artwork by: Yack Tundra, Julius Petilla, Mark Taylor, Toni James
Victor_ograygor Posted - 08 Sep 2007 : 09:48:43
I am honoured to walk among those who made this new Candlekeep Compendium.

Keep up the good work people

Vic
Fillow Posted - 08 Sep 2007 : 09:37:55
Thanks a lot Reefy
Reefy Posted - 07 Sep 2007 : 21:13:01
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

I will have to print each one of the compendiums and use up a lot of color ink :) Well worth it though.

So did I but what a beautiful item when it's bound !
Excuse-me if it's not the good word (bound !). I wanted to say "when it looks like a real book", with all pages together !

Bound is the correct word, in the correct tense.
Fillow Posted - 07 Sep 2007 : 18:37:32
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

I will have to print each one of the compendiums and use up a lot of color ink :) Well worth it though.

So did I but what a beautiful item when it's bound !
Excuse-me if it's not the good word (bound !). I wanted to say "when it looks like a real book", with all pages together !
Alisttair Posted - 07 Sep 2007 : 03:02:04
Alaundo Posted - 23 Apr 2007 : 21:46:08
Well met

As part of the latest site update, volume VIII of the Candlekeep Compendium is now available

See here for more details.

Many thanks to all those who worked very hard in putting this publication together.

Any feedback herein is greatly appreciated and helps us with the development of future volumes. Please, give us thy thoughts
Alaundo Posted - 19 Nov 2006 : 17:32:20
Well met

As part of the latest site update, volume VII of the Candlekeep Compendium is now available

See here for more details.

Many thanks to all those who worked very hard in putting this publication together.

Any feedback herein is greatly appreciated and helps us with the development of future volumes. Please, give us thy thoughts
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 31 Oct 2006 : 12:13:55
Yes, Kuje, Iīm with the masses: option B itīs an interesting choice.
Kuje Posted - 30 Oct 2006 : 16:24:07
Thanks all for the input because I wasn't sure how useful that article was to people because only a few people have done reviews/commented.

But option B seems to be popular, so the article will be changing.
Steven Schend Posted - 30 Oct 2006 : 14:41:45
Option B sounds good to me, Kuje.
Dhomal Posted - 29 Oct 2006 : 04:30:23
Hello-

Well, I would agree again, with option 'B'. Keep in mind - you could still include a 'random' NPC as a patron at the inn, or customer of a shop etc.

But for ease of quickly using the information - that would be my choice as well.

Dhomal
Dart Ambermoon Posted - 29 Oct 2006 : 02:26:19
Iīd vote B as well. Sage already listed the reasons which apply to me, too.
The Sage Posted - 29 Oct 2006 : 02:05:00
I'll go with option B. I like the connection between site and NPCs and I can always potentially find somewhere to use this material for my campaigns if and when I decide to use it.
Kuje Posted - 29 Oct 2006 : 02:00:00
Ello's,

I've been pondering my laborers article since I've written about three dozen NPC's now.

However, what I've been pondering is either:

A) Ending that article because, as I said, I've written at least three dozen NPC's.

B) Still writing the article but changing the format so that the article isn't random NPC's but NPC's that are connected to a place/building. Basically, changing that article so that it reflects the laborer article that I wrote about the tavern.

Thoughts? I'm asking what everyone thought before I decided to change the article or end it.
hammer of Moradin Posted - 29 Jul 2006 : 07:46:09
There are a few that are not so dwarven made. I'm shooting for a twofer. One continuing the prestige classes, and another similar to the first several articles. Space providing, of course.
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 28 Jul 2006 : 19:39:59
After one week, nobody have talked about the splendid Candlekeep Compendium Vol VI?

So, itīs time for more reviews:

Candlekeep Compendium Vol. VI
The Hammerīs Stroke - part VI
, by Kevin Liss

A good article, that should be named as "How Iīll use all this crunch to my favor" . Interesting to read, very useful, and Iīm expecting to see the next one, and to see the other Prestige Classes that not are so dwarven-based.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000