Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 The Lady of Secrets

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Darkheyr Posted - 08 Mar 2005 : 15:05:42
Gentlemen. Ladies.

As a personal project of mine, I've started working on an extensive compilation of any material concerning Shar or her clergy, no matter how remotely.

Thus I'd be very thankful for any and all information, sources or ideas you might have on that particular topic, especially about the Dark Lady's early history (The Shadevari, for example)

I'll also gladly integrate any non-canon tidbits you come up with and which strike my fancy... :D
24   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 18 Feb 2020 : 04:21:16
Master Sage,

Did those notes ever get included somewhere on the site?

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I'll submit them for inclusion here at Candlekeep. Big Al can then make them a part of the next site update.

cpthero2 Posted - 18 Feb 2020 : 04:18:20
Master Sage,

Could I ask well get a copy of those notes? :)

Best regards,

quote:

Not at all.

My technique is similar to that of Sirius Black, although I've elaborated on certain points for my own benefit.

Given my less than stellar reputation for always submitting the material I've promised in the past, I'll try to ensure that this little one doesn't fall by the wayside .

Darkheyr Posted - 13 Apr 2005 : 18:32:53
I just finished Mistress of the Night.

I just plain love Variance
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 12 Mar 2005 : 10:36:26
Page 144 of Lost Empires of Faerun, under the heading "Delimbiyran" menitions the involvement of Lady Loss' clergy in the downfall of that realm (Kingdom of Man).

From the timeline on page 138/139:

quote:
616 Year of the Enscorceled Kings: Delimbiyran, the human kingdom of Phalorn, claims all the lands of that realm and establishes a new aliance with the gnomes and halflings of the area. The new realm is called the Kingdom of Man

quote:
697 Year of the Triton's Horn: Worshippers of Shar riot throughout the Sword Coast as the machinations of Lalondra, the Dark Mother, sweep away the power of the Dark Goddess clergy overnight. King Davyd of the Kingdom of Man dies in the tumult without an heir, and several kingdoms - including Calandor, Scathril, and Loravatha - break away.

Alaundo Posted - 12 Mar 2005 : 10:25:14
quote:

I'll submit them for inclusion here at Candlekeep. Big Al can then make them a part of the next site update.

Well met

Splendid, Sage, i'd be happy to
Taurren Posted - 11 Mar 2005 : 14:22:04
Thank you oh wise Sage and to you Darkheyr.

Any imformation that brings further illumination into the secrets hidden within Shar's dark embrace would be greatly appreciated.

Both myself and my players have found her's to be the perfect hand that guides the puppet's string.
The Sage Posted - 11 Mar 2005 : 13:46:13
Darkheyr Posted - 11 Mar 2005 : 06:33:26
I'd definitly like those notes, Sage :D
SiriusBlack Posted - 11 Mar 2005 : 05:06:51
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
How'd I get brought into this?

Reputation.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Mar 2005 : 04:05:13
quote:

Whoa!

Yes, I'm referring to your note-taking technique ONLY . Anything else is just pure speculation on Wooly's behalf...

How'd I get brought into this?
The Sage Posted - 11 Mar 2005 : 01:19:35
Whoa!

Yes, I'm referring to your note-taking technique ONLY . Anything else is just pure speculation on Wooly's behalf...
SiriusBlack Posted - 10 Mar 2005 : 17:06:07
quote:
My technique is similar to that of Sirius Black, although I've elaborated on certain points for my own benefit.

I have a technique Cool. I hope you are referring to my notes from Forsaken House. Otherwise...

The Sage Posted - 10 Mar 2005 : 16:14:24
Not at all.

Given my less than stellar reputation for always submitting the material I've promised in the past, I'll try to ensure that this little one doesn't fall by the wayside .
Alaundo Posted - 10 Mar 2005 : 16:05:42
quote:

If you like, I can also send you the notes I made from the novel Mistress of the Night once I've converted them into a format that others can access...

Well met

I would also certainly be interested on seeing these notes, Sage. If ye don't mind of course.
The Sage Posted - 10 Mar 2005 : 15:51:57
If you like, I can also send you the notes I made from the novel Mistress of the Night once I've converted them into a format that others can access...
Darkheyr Posted - 10 Mar 2005 : 15:38:54
Thanks Gray... I'll certainly look into that (after my next paycheck that is)
Or...hmm... I could simply leech it off my birthday presents next week....*rubs hands gleefully*

And aye DDH, I already got LoD. Handy thing to have to be sure, albeit I still prefer 2E source material... Less crunch, more fluff :)
DDH_101 Posted - 10 Mar 2005 : 01:36:22
Darkheyr, the Lord of Darkness sourcebook also has a whole section detailed to the Church of Shar.
Gray Richardson Posted - 10 Mar 2005 : 00:24:36
For a small fee, you can download a legal .pdf copy of Faiths & Avatars as well as Demihuman Deities and Powers & Pantheons from one of WotC's licensed .pdf vendors www.RPGnow.com or www.SVGames.com.

They have many out-of-print 2nd edition modules and sourcebooks available. They are secure and safe to purchase from, and once you buy it you can be downloading and reading it within in minutes of your purchase.

If you don't mind reading them on your computer or printing out a paper copy for yourself, it is a great way to obtain hard to find Forgotten Realms lore.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Mar 2005 : 11:23:58
quote:
Originally posted by Darkheyr

I'm still trying to get a copy of F&A... Things like that are annoying to get over here at times. But I'm working on it :)

Ah, good. That book and its companions are the best sources of lore about the gods that we've seen yet.
Darkheyr Posted - 09 Mar 2005 : 06:44:19
I'm still trying to get a copy of F&A... Things like that are annoying to get over here at times. But I'm working on it :)
George Krashos Posted - 09 Mar 2005 : 04:08:21
Read also the second half of "The Temptation of Elminster".

-- George Krashos
Gray Richardson Posted - 09 Mar 2005 : 00:25:30
I had some speculations about Shar and her origins in this thread here: http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=302068

The best information about her is in Faiths & Avatars. There is some good information about her and her church in Lords of Darkness. And Faiths and Pantheons will give you the most current 3E info about her.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Mar 2005 : 00:24:44
I trust you've perused Faiths & Avatars?
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 08 Mar 2005 : 22:51:35
I suggest reading the novels Mistress of the Night or The Black Bouquet, which both feature followers of Shar very prominently.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000