Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Previews for October and Beyond

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SiriusBlack Posted - 19 Oct 2004 : 14:01:08
A new "In the Works" article is available.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 20 Oct 2004 : 15:45:55
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I played one for a few sessions... Though the campaign never went anywhere (an unfortunate tendency of the campaigns I participated in)...
Why is that?

'Twas a combination of things, really. By the time I got into playing, my friends and I were having to do things like juggle work schedules and other obligations. For reasons that were never adequately explained, some members of our group seemed unwilling to even try to arrange to always have a certain day off from work... And then there was the fact that the only person willing to DM would usually get bored a few sessions into a campaign and want to do something different...

It was all very frustrating. And then came the last campaign Mike tried to run... My character failed a check I didn't even think he should have had to make, accidentally killing another character. This irked a third PC, who attacked and killed my character. So in the first session, half of the party was slain by the other half, and he just let it happen. This was shortly after the end of another campaign, when a dragon accomplished a TPK against our low-level characters. So at that point, I decided I would never again participate in a game run by Mike.

A couple of others did eventually try DM'ing, but it rarely lasted long -- mostly due to time issues.

Now that old group is scattered, and trying to get together to do anything is difficult. Since I work nights, I've not even tried to find a new group to join. So I've not gamed in years, which really draws vacuum.

quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

"Defenestrating sphere"?

[::beat::]

Invented by a wizard from Prague?

Honestly, that does seem like a rather bizarre idea for a spell...
Bookwyrm Posted - 20 Oct 2004 : 09:17:48
"Defenestrating sphere"?

[::beat::]

Invented by a wizard from Prague?
Kuje Posted - 20 Oct 2004 : 08:57:01
quote:
Ah, thank you. I remember him saying he wrote the class, way back when in those long ago days when I was allowed to help people out on the WotC forums (and argue against a Drizzt movie! ).

I guess this means I'll actually have to spring for a Complete book...

Grin, aye we miss you over there. :) I'm still puttering around over there and haven't got banned yet... HAHAH. Also yeah the few threads about the book also claim that prestige class should be within.
The Sage Posted - 20 Oct 2004 : 08:55:25
quote:

quote:

I've always preferred using wild mages as NPCs though... They just seem to make such brilliant obstacles... especially when the party least expects it (and sometimes when they do... ).

I played one for a few sessions... Though the campaign never went anywhere (an unfortunate tendency of the campaigns I participated in)...
Why is that?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 20 Oct 2004 : 08:43:44
quote:

I've always preferred using wild mages as NPCs though... They just seem to make such brilliant obstacles... especially when the party least expects it (and sometimes when they do... ).

I played one for a few sessions... Though the campaign never went anywhere (an unfortunate tendency of the campaigns I participated in), I had a lot of fun playing that character. My DM particularly enjoyed the wild surges, too -- he's nearly as evil, devious and mischievous as I.

quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

Rich said on the WOTC boards that the Wild Mage should be a prestige class in Complete Arcane.... :)

Ah, thank you. I remember him saying he wrote the class, way back when in those long ago days when I was allowed to help people out on the WotC forums (and argue against a Drizzt movie! ).

I guess this means I'll actually have to spring for a Complete book...
The Sage Posted - 20 Oct 2004 : 07:49:54
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

quote:

Hmm, Complete Arcane is going to update the wu jen? I wonder if they'll do a good job on it, this time. I've only liked one wu jen set-up, and that came from a 2E Dragon magazine issue... I'm also hoping that they're bringing back the wild mage, because those were a lot of fun.

Rich said on the WOTC boards that the Wild Mage should be a prestige class in Complete Arcane.... :)

Well, there we go then... confirmation at last .

I guess now I can start tinkering with some nasty wild mage NPC and plot ideas for one or two upcoming campaigns...
Kuje Posted - 20 Oct 2004 : 07:20:55
quote:

Hmm, Complete Arcane is going to update the wu jen? I wonder if they'll do a good job on it, this time. I've only liked one wu jen set-up, and that came from a 2E Dragon magazine issue... I'm also hoping that they're bringing back the wild mage, because those were a lot of fun.

The Sage Posted - 20 Oct 2004 : 07:14:33
quote:

I'm also hoping that they're bringing back the wild mage, because those were a lot of fun.

Indeed, that is something I also hope for my furry friend .

Garen Thal Posted - 19 Oct 2004 : 21:31:26
quote:
Originally posted by Wood Elf Ranger

I forget where I read this but somewhere I read that there was going to be an alternate sorcerer class called the Warlock detailed in Complete Arcane. I would be very interested in that as I had already thought of a sorcerer variant with the same name for my homebrew world. Perhaps it will give me some more ideas. Though what I was thinking about would have been very unique more of a heriditary inherited class
You're probably remembering the Warlock from my Gen Con report. The Warlock, however, isn't an "alternate sorcerer," but a completely different take on spellcasting, that doesn't use the slots/day mechanic at all (at least, that's according to the WotC folks at the seminar in question).
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 19 Oct 2004 : 21:27:41
Those seeking a healthy alternative to sorcerer should look at warmage from the miniatures handbook!

WARMAGE HAS OFFICIALLY REPLACED SORCERER AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED!!!
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 19 Oct 2004 : 20:17:00
I forget where I read this but somewhere I read that there was going to be an alternate sorcerer class called the Warlock detailed in Complete Arcane. I would be very interested in that as I had already thought of a sorcerer variant with the same name for my homebrew world. Perhaps it will give me some more ideas. Though what I was thinking about would have been very unique more of a heriditary inherited class
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Oct 2004 : 15:38:31
SiriusBlack Posted - 19 Oct 2004 : 15:26:42
quote:
What do the rest of you think?

I like the Yuan-Ti Halfblood. I could have used a mini like that when I ran Freeport.

I also see the crunch push for SS continues.
The Sage Posted - 19 Oct 2004 : 14:25:58
The spells previewed form Complete Arcane are... what's the word I'm looking for... ah yes... disappointing . They're rather bland actually. I hope the rest of the material in the tome isn't as lacking, although, given the past history of tomes in the Complete series...

What do the rest of you think?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000