Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Walking the realms

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arthan_Heavy_Fist Posted - 02 Mar 2022 : 08:55:35
Ao kicked the gods out of the outer planes and they had to walk Faerun during the time of troubles.

What was their status during the spellplague (1385) to second sundering (1480ish) years?

Mod edit: Found this one in the ethers and relocated it.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HighOne Posted - 02 Mar 2022 : 20:35:26
quote:
Originally posted by Azar

Wouldn't it be hee-larious if one of the gods were still walking about and didn't get the memo?

Hiroo Onoda, the demipower of dogged determination and strict adherence to orders.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Mar 2022 : 19:56:40
quote:
Originally posted by Eldacar

quote:

Wouldn't it be hee-larious if one of the gods were still walking about and didn't get the memo?

Well, the Dead Three definitely are still walking around, though they did get the memo; they just decided to ignore it, for their own reasons. As Ed said in a tweet, their reasons for doing things are sometimes "odd" to mortals, but they do have reasons.

I theorize that the Dead Three are not gods; they are maybe avatars, at most. I think they did not get their divinity automatically restored; instead, Ao is giving them a chance to earn it again.

Of course, Bane can't admit to being weakened, so he told his clergy and told them to tell everyone that returning to the mortal world was all his choice.

It's also possible that one or all of the Dead Three remain dead; we have one or more opportunistic sorts trying to get themselves a major promotion by claiming the names.
Eldacar Posted - 02 Mar 2022 : 19:11:03
quote:

Well, the Dead Three definitely are still walking around, though they did get the memo; they just decided to ignore it, for their own reasons. As Ed said in a tweet, their reasons for doing things are sometimes "odd" to mortals, but they do have reasons.
TheIriaeban Posted - 02 Mar 2022 : 18:41:32
quote:

AO: "What are you getting mad at me for? You should have checked your junk email folder a long time ago."
Azar Posted - 02 Mar 2022 : 16:50:18
HighOne Posted - 02 Mar 2022 : 14:57:33
Their status? They were no longer walking the Realms. Once the Time of Troubles ended in 1358 DR, the gods were gods again, residing in their godly realms.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000