Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Walking the realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arthan_Heavy_Fist
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2022 :  08:55:35  Show Profile Send Arthan_Heavy_Fist a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ao kicked the gods out of the outer planes and they had to walk Faerun during the time of troubles.

What was their status during the spellplague (1385) to second sundering (1480ish) years?

Mod edit: Found this one in the ethers and relocated it.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 02 Mar 2022 11:06:41

HighOne
Learned Scribe

214 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2022 :  14:57:33  Show Profile Send HighOne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Their status? They were no longer walking the Realms. Once the Time of Troubles ended in 1358 DR, the gods were gods again, residing in their godly realms.
Go to Top of Page

Azar
Master of Realmslore

1286 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2022 :  16:50:18  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wouldn't it be hee-larious if one of the gods were still walking about and didn't get the memo?

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2022 :  18:41:32  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azar

Wouldn't it be hee-larious if one of the gods were still walking about and didn't get the memo?

AO: "What are you getting mad at me for? You should have checked your junk email folder a long time ago."

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2022 :  19:11:03  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, the Dead Three definitely are still walking around, though they did get the memo; they just decided to ignore it, for their own reasons. As Ed said in a tweet, their reasons for doing things are sometimes "odd" to mortals, but they do have reasons.

"The Wild Mages I have met exhibit a startling disregard for common sense, and are often meddling with powers far beyond their own control." ~Volo
"Not unlike a certain travelogue author with whom I am unfortunately acquainted." ~Elminster
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2022 :  19:56:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eldacar

quote:

Well, the Dead Three definitely are still walking around, though they did get the memo; they just decided to ignore it, for their own reasons. As Ed said in a tweet, their reasons for doing things are sometimes "odd" to mortals, but they do have reasons.

I theorize that the Dead Three are not gods; they are maybe avatars, at most. I think they did not get their divinity automatically restored; instead, Ao is giving them a chance to earn it again.

Of course, Bane can't admit to being weakened, so he told his clergy and told them to tell everyone that returning to the mortal world was all his choice.

It's also possible that one or all of the Dead Three remain dead; we have one or more opportunistic sorts trying to get themselves a major promotion by claiming the names.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

HighOne
Learned Scribe

214 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2022 :  20:35:26  Show Profile Send HighOne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hiroo Onoda, the demipower of dogged determination and strict adherence to orders.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000