Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 New D&D fiction line for middle readers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ElaineCunningham Posted - 10 Jul 2021 : 13:43:56
I learned of this just yesterday. The second series is entitled "The Harpers," so it seemly likely that it's set in the Realms. All I know about this is in the article referenced below. If I learn more, I'll share it here and in the Facebook groups Forgotten Realms Archives and Sages of the Forgotten Realms.

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/48768/harpercollins-launch-middle-grade-d-d-publishing-program-including-graphic-novels?fbclid=IwAR3GjwKYKkE_dv7mIzhWgnj7mZvj3ym728PcOwbWKiTaho8VNn9Ogkkelto
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Jul 2021 : 19:21:05
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Hmmm, I wonder how well "tielflings" would go over with modern day?

Actually, they are doing pretty good. Tieflings specially, but other non-human and not-standard demihuman playable races, are really popular among the younger players nowadays, specially among the LGTBI+ community.

Yeah, but we're talking about novels, which have a much wider audience than gamers. The question is, how will that wider, non-gaming audience, who knows nothing of D&D tieflings, react to characters that are descended from fiends and such?

Honestly, I'd expect them to avoid such characters, at least for the first few books, to avoid upsetting those parents that think Harry Potter is occult material.
Zeromaru X Posted - 19 Jul 2021 : 17:59:09
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Hmmm, I wonder how well "tielflings" would go over with modern day?

Actually, they are doing pretty good. Tieflings specially, but other non-human and not-standard demihuman playable races, are really popular among the younger players nowadays, specially among the LGTBI+ community.
sleyvas Posted - 19 Jul 2021 : 16:21:19
Hmmm, I wonder how well "tielflings" would go over with modern day? People are a lot less religious and accepting of the idea of the redemptive villain, but.... when it comes to middle school... that being said, I would hope it goes over well. I just don't think that would be one of the first things I'd be showcasing, and it looks like a tiefling on the cover of that book.
Qilintha Posted - 18 Jul 2021 : 22:26:47
Let's hope it goes well in order to maybe have novels once again. Just the thought of doing graphic novels, comic books is...something.
HighOne Posted - 10 Jul 2021 : 16:17:53
About time. I've been waiting for proper MG books for years. Seemed like a wasted opportunity until now.

And yes, I'm aware of the Endless Quest and Dungeonology books, but those are different.
TheIriaeban Posted - 10 Jul 2021 : 15:35:09
The first Harry Potter book was written for that age group but adults enjoyed reading it. It will depend on how compelling the story is.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Jul 2021 : 15:16:10
Hm. The timing on this draws vacuum, for me... By the time these books come out, my son will be at the top edge of middle grade -- and he's been reading above his grade level for a while, so I'm not sure these will work for him.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000