Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 SpellJamming Restored!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ElfBane Posted - 31 May 2020 : 14:36:52
Hail! Yesterday, at mid-afternoon, on 30 Tarsakh 1495DR, in The Year of the Tyrant’s Pawn, in The United Sovereignties of Anchorome (USA), manned Spelljamming abilities were re-established. This historic event occurred in the Kingdom of Farpayit on the peninsula of Cape Carnival. The Archmage Ellonmusk XI, Prince of Teslo, in association with Anchorome’s National Alliance of Sorcerers and Atificers (NASA), well deseve Huzzahs and Hallelujahs throughout the Land! No longer will the proud Sovereignties of Anchorome need to hire the Red Wizards to accomplish this magical miracle!

May the Archmage Ellonmusk achieve long life and retire to deserved Lichdom.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 26 Apr 2021 : 02:43:51
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-I watched a show on Netflix not that long ago about a guy that went to unconventional places and one of the episodes was Baikonur in Kazakhstan to see a rocket launch. Seemed an incredible thing to see in person.

I saw a few shuttle launches, from the NASA Causeway, back when non-NASA people were allowed there (before 9/11). It wasn't more than a mile or so from the launch site.

It was amazing to see a launch from there. That close, you don't just see the launch, you feel it.

One of the other things I miss from the shuttle program was when they came in to land. There would be a double sonic boom -- two distinct sonic booms, within seconds of each other. I was inside a store with large plate glass windows, once, when the shuttle was coming in, and I could see the glass vibrating from the booms!

A lot of people here get jaded about all the launches -- especially now, when SpaceX might launch twice within a week. But I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing them go.

Lord Karsus Posted - 26 Apr 2021 : 02:19:46
-I watched a show on Netflix not that long ago about a guy that went to unconventional places and one of the episodes was Baikonur in Kazakhstan to see a rocket launch. Seemed an incredible thing to see in person.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 23 Apr 2021 : 11:49:51
quote:
Originally posted by ElfBane

Wooly,
Our second Spelljam occured this morning. The Dragon Jamship successfully reached low Toril orbit. May our Jamonauts have an excellent mission.

(And I hope you were up to see it. They predicted the Spelljammer might have a mighty enchanted dawn plume, and IT DID!!)

That was one of the most incredible launches I've seen. And I've seen enough that I've lost count - I saw maybe 70 shuttle launches, and I've seen hundreds of rocket launches.
ElfBane Posted - 23 Apr 2021 : 11:16:20
Wooly,
Our second Spelljam occured this morning. The Dragon Jamship successfully reached low Toril orbit. May our Jamonauts have an excellent mission.

(And I hope you were up to see it. They predicted the Spelljammer might have a mighty enchanted dawn plume, and IT DID!!)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 01 Jun 2020 : 16:00:27
I was excited to the the launch, but there was just enough cloud cover betwixt here and there that we could only see the rocket for a few seconds.

The rumble was most impressive, though.
sleyvas Posted - 01 Jun 2020 : 14:53:58
Wow, you just made me tickled pink. Yeah, Luneira had a monopoly there for a while. I heard that the United Sovereignties of Anchorome and its National Alliance of Sorcerers and Artificers were stealing intellectual property of the red wizards from the tharch of Esh Alakar and its hidden by illusion and massive cliffs circling the recovered spellweaver air loft in the desert.
Seethyr Posted - 31 May 2020 : 17:10:36
Lol! At first I was disappointed because I thought you had real SJ good news. But you made up for it.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000