Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 SpellJamming Restored!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ElfBane
Learned Scribe

USA
275 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2020 :  14:36:52  Show Profile Send ElfBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hail! Yesterday, at mid-afternoon, on 30 Tarsakh 1495DR, in The Year of the Tyrant’s Pawn, in The United Sovereignties of Anchorome (USA), manned Spelljamming abilities were re-established. This historic event occurred in the Kingdom of Farpayit on the peninsula of Cape Carnival. The Archmage Ellonmusk XI, Prince of Teslo, in association with Anchorome’s National Alliance of Sorcerers and Atificers (NASA), well deseve Huzzahs and Hallelujahs throughout the Land! No longer will the proud Sovereignties of Anchorome need to hire the Red Wizards to accomplish this magical miracle!

May the Archmage Ellonmusk achieve long life and retire to deserved Lichdom.

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2020 :  17:10:36  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol! At first I was disappointed because I thought you had real SJ good news. But you made up for it.

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2020 :  14:53:58  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, you just made me tickled pink. Yeah, Luneira had a monopoly there for a while. I heard that the United Sovereignties of Anchorome and its National Alliance of Sorcerers and Artificers were stealing intellectual property of the red wizards from the tharch of Esh Alakar and its hidden by illusion and massive cliffs circling the recovered spellweaver air loft in the desert.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2020 :  16:00:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was excited to the the launch, but there was just enough cloud cover betwixt here and there that we could only see the rocket for a few seconds.

The rumble was most impressive, though.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

ElfBane
Learned Scribe

USA
275 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2021 :  11:16:20  Show Profile Send ElfBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly,
Our second Spelljam occured this morning. The Dragon Jamship successfully reached low Toril orbit. May our Jamonauts have an excellent mission.

(And I hope you were up to see it. They predicted the Spelljammer might have a mighty enchanted dawn plume, and IT DID!!)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2021 :  11:49:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElfBane

Wooly,
Our second Spelljam occured this morning. The Dragon Jamship successfully reached low Toril orbit. May our Jamonauts have an excellent mission.

(And I hope you were up to see it. They predicted the Spelljammer might have a mighty enchanted dawn plume, and IT DID!!)

That was one of the most incredible launches I've seen. And I've seen enough that I've lost count - I saw maybe 70 shuttle launches, and I've seen hundreds of rocket launches.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2021 :  02:19:46  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-I watched a show on Netflix not that long ago about a guy that went to unconventional places and one of the episodes was Baikonur in Kazakhstan to see a rocket launch. Seemed an incredible thing to see in person.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2021 :  02:43:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-I watched a show on Netflix not that long ago about a guy that went to unconventional places and one of the episodes was Baikonur in Kazakhstan to see a rocket launch. Seemed an incredible thing to see in person.

I saw a few shuttle launches, from the NASA Causeway, back when non-NASA people were allowed there (before 9/11). It wasn't more than a mile or so from the launch site.

It was amazing to see a launch from there. That close, you don't just see the launch, you feel it.

One of the other things I miss from the shuttle program was when they came in to land. There would be a double sonic boom -- two distinct sonic booms, within seconds of each other. I was inside a store with large plate glass windows, once, when the shuttle was coming in, and I could see the glass vibrating from the booms!

A lot of people here get jaded about all the launches -- especially now, when SpaceX might launch twice within a week. But I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing them go.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000