Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Private Messaging System

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tezail Posted - 03 Jul 2004 : 04:51:06
This site seems to be one of the few without it. Ever thought about adding it? Would be helpful to set up private matters (campaigns, questions that shouldn't be posted in threads, answers to those questions) etc.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Thelonius Posted - 03 Jul 2004 : 08:43:10
I don't think it's necessary a Private Message system. The great soul of this site is that everyone can know what are the rest talking about, and can share their opinions or ideas. With a PM system, the situation of "what the hell are they talking about?" will appear frequently and will transform this site in "one more roling site."

This is my opinion, of course.
The Sage Posted - 03 Jul 2004 : 08:37:09
That's a valid opinion, I suppose. Still, I've seen nothing but trouble for message boards that employ some form of PM system. The previous 3 incarnations of the RoE boards is testament to that fact. Twice the server has been brought down by people abusing the PM system, and overloading the upload/download functions it permits.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Jul 2004 : 08:06:06
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I hardly think a PM system here is necessary, especially now when so many people have access to other IM software. If private messages need to be sent quickly, just check the scribe's profile for any relevant IM addresses.

Of course the PM system has an advantage over the IM, in that it is self contained here at Candlekeep. However, the scribe still needs to be online in order to receive and reply to messages, which is again how most IM software works.

But not all of us use or want to use IM software... I know I've no interest in it.
The Sage Posted - 03 Jul 2004 : 07:22:39
I hardly think a PM system here is necessary, especially now when so many people have access to other IM software. If private messages need to be sent quickly, just check the scribe's profile for any relevant IM addresses.

Of course the PM system has an advantage over the IM, in that it is self contained here at Candlekeep. However, the scribe still needs to be online in order to receive and reply to messages, which is again how most IM software works.
SiriusBlack Posted - 03 Jul 2004 : 05:38:01
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I concur, a PM system would be a good thing. It could keep non-Realms stuff off the scrolls, and it would help defuse disagreements betwixt our scribes.

I love you WR...I do....I just need to send flowers more often to let you know.

However, I totally disagree with the above sentiment. IMNSHO, a PM system would be just fuel to the fire when it came to many disagreements. But, hey, if the site wishes one, that's fine as long as it's something optional that I can turn on/off.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Jul 2004 : 05:31:32
I concur, a PM system would be a good thing. It could keep non-Realms stuff off the scrolls, and it would help defuse disagreements betwixt our scribes.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000