Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 More Software

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kahonen Posted - 02 Sep 2002 : 23:22:22

Hi all.

I wrote most of the software on the download pages. I'm looking at writing some new utility software and am open to suggestions for what I should be doing.

I'm currently working on: a 3rd edition update to the Treasure Horde Generator, a 3rd edition NPC Party Generator, I'm almost finished an Underdark Race Name Generator (Illithid, Svirneblin, Duergar etc) and Alignment Quiz (from the Hero Builder's Guidebook).

Anyone got any suggestions for future work? What would you like to have available to you as either a DM or a Player? I'll check back here at the end of the week and see what (if anything) has been suggested.

kahonen

Edited by - Candlekeep Webmaster on 04 Sep 2002 12:01:14
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Jul 2004 : 15:37:26
kahonen, did you ever figure out the weirdness in the date program?
brjr2001 Posted - 13 Jul 2004 : 12:08:17
you should try to inhance a charactor creator for 3.0. one that is similar too the one given in the back of some D&D books
Dunbarth Posted - 19 May 2004 : 17:34:56
I still use Core Rules 2 Expansion CD Rom. I would love to see some more of the complete Handbooks added to the software. Perhaps a patch that would add the Humanoids, Barbarians and Ninja handbooks from 2nd edition. They did it with the Complete Necromancer's Handbook.

I'm not sure what an addition like this would take. I'm no programmer. Ay ideas?
Candlekeep Webmaster Posted - 08 Feb 2003 : 17:07:00
For those of you who love Kahonens work, there is another very useful utility as part of the 08-Feb Site Update.

You can download the XP Points Calculator from the Wondrous Treasures page.

Enjoy! Thanks for your time and effort you put into these utilities kahonen
kahonen Posted - 08 Jan 2003 : 20:50:31
It's on the (growing) list of things I'm doing at the moment

quote:
Originally posted by Frey

quote:
Originally posted by kahonen
I wrote most of the software on the download pages. I'm looking at writing some new utility software and am open to suggestions for what I should be doing.
(...)
Anyone got any suggestions for future work? What would you like to have available to you as either a DM or a Player?
Gee, Kahonen, your request might very well answer mine (if yours is still open that is).

I'm happy to've been invited to play part in Mumadar's SilverMarches-PBeM-campaign. As we speak I'm working on the creation of a PC. This will be a Forest Gnome.
As gnomes have many names, and each gnome will know dozens of other gnomes, it's appearant I'll have to come up with dozens, if not hundreds of names during the creation of my background story as well as on the fly during gameplay. I must say this sounds hard to me.
As I've seen your namegenerators for other races I was hoping to find a gnome name generator in Alaundo's Library, hopefully even a speciallized version for forest gnomes. But at this point I was a little disappointed
(in fact I was not, I didn't count on its' existance, just hoped so).

Now you see my request rise: Would you be so kind to generate a nice (Forest) Gnome Name Generator Program? I'd be very obliged (sp?) for sure!

In eager expectation,

Frey

Frey Posted - 05 Jan 2003 : 11:07:28
quote:
Originally posted by kahonen
(...)
Anyone got any suggestions for future work? What would you like to have available to you as either a DM or a Player?
Gee, Kahonen, your request might very well answer mine (if yours is still open that is).

I'm happy to've been invited to play part in Mumadar's SilverMarches-PBeM-campaign. As we speak I'm working on the creation of a PC. This will be a Forest Gnome.
As gnomes have many names, and each gnome will know dozens of other gnomes, it's appearant I'll have to come up with dozens, if not hundreds of names during the creation of my background story as well as on the fly during gameplay. I must say this sounds hard to me.
As I've seen your namegenerators for other races I was hoping to find a gnome name generator in Alaundo's Library, hopefully even a speciallized version for forest gnomes. But at this point I was a little disappointed
(in fact I was not, I didn't count on its' existance, just hoped so).

Now you see my request rise: Would you be so kind to generate a nice (Forest) Gnome Name Generator Program? I'd be very obliged (sp?) for sure!

In eager expectation,

Frey
king-tiax Posted - 23 Sep 2002 : 20:32:33
A small orc is a Goblin (sort of).
kahonen Posted - 22 Sep 2002 : 22:35:33
A small one would be
king-tiax Posted - 20 Sep 2002 : 19:48:49
Ok Kano, nobody mocks a Dwarf, J\K but seriously, you can't honastly call an Ork short.
Lord Rad Posted - 20 Sep 2002 : 10:28:30
::cringes at the thought of whats to come::
kahonen Posted - 19 Sep 2002 : 23:33:21
Looks more like an orc to me. You stunties all look the same
king-tiax Posted - 19 Sep 2002 : 21:28:39
I have got a dwarf Advarta, but I am TRULY, VERY SORRY.
Candlekeep Webmaster Posted - 19 Sep 2002 : 21:12:11
Yes Tiax, Rad certainly is a Scribe of Candlekeep. Youll have to watch who you insult in future. However your response to Kahonen brought a smile to my face so I guess you get a second chance

...and I must say im VERY shocked that you chose not to select a dwarf for your avatar picture
king-tiax Posted - 19 Sep 2002 : 21:03:29
He's not one of the webmasters, he can't be, Wow I am in big trouble, look Kahonen you arnt serious, Ok I am seriously sorry, please forgive me master.
kahonen Posted - 17 Sep 2002 : 21:25:59
Hay, well done King-Tiax. That's probably the best way I can think of to impress one of the Candlekeep Webmasters - you do know, of course, that Rad is one of the webmasters

See, I thought he was giving you the benefit of the doubt by giving a reasonable, friendly, good-egg kind of warning but obviously you didn't see it that way.

Something about a straw and a camels back spring to mind at this point.

king-tiax Posted - 17 Sep 2002 : 21:13:08
At least I do support someone, unlike you, you under-developed Embrix.
Lord Rad Posted - 17 Sep 2002 : 20:17:31
Kahonen has already done a Dwarven Name Generator!

I think that if you continue to go on about dwarves and red wizards on this forum, not only are you getting the backs up of other forum members but the moderators will ban you before long im sure!

Rad
king-tiax Posted - 17 Sep 2002 : 20:10:54
You should do things like the Dwarf name simulator, only for Red wizards.
kahonen Posted - 17 Sep 2002 : 00:19:27
I only hope other users find them as useful as I do and get as much enjoyment from using them as I do from writing them.

Keep the ideas coming in.

Ron
Candlekeep Webmaster Posted - 16 Sep 2002 : 22:46:53
Indeed they are Kahonen! We have just updated the site, see this post: http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=75

I must take this opportunity to thank Kahonen for the time and effort you have given to create not only the FR Time Utility but also the many other FR utilities which are available in the "Wondrous Treasures" section (http://www.candlekeep.com/library/treasures.htm).
kahonen Posted - 16 Sep 2002 : 22:23:16
I'm still working on the utilities I mentioned in the first post (a 3rd edition update to the Treasure Horde Generator, a 3rd edition NPC Party Generator and an Underdark Races Name Generator).

Last week I sent Rad the Realms Timeline program he requested and I've finished and posted a screensaver based on the artwork from Monster Manual 2

The last two may be included in the next site update. The others will be completed when I finish my last OU assignment
king-tiax Posted - 16 Sep 2002 : 21:31:10
So, what have you got planed for us in fucture.
kahonen Posted - 16 Sep 2002 : 21:08:34
king-tiax Posted - 14 Sep 2002 : 21:57:29
Well light space is good, but you realy don't need to worry about third world debt.
kahonen Posted - 14 Sep 2002 : 13:27:05
Would you like me to spend the rest of the afternoon researching faster than light space travel and getting rid of 3rd world debt

Writing these programs is part of a hobby - I write the more complex software at work
king-tiax Posted - 14 Sep 2002 : 11:35:23
Try a map genarator.
king-tiax Posted - 07 Sep 2002 : 12:39:54
Year or may a D&D designer.
kahonen Posted - 06 Sep 2002 : 21:11:40
There is one I can think of - earning a living playing D&D
king-tiax Posted - 06 Sep 2002 : 18:36:48
Hay there is no better way to spend your life than sitting at your desk desiging computer soft ware.
kahonen Posted - 05 Sep 2002 : 23:44:33
That's what I'm looking at doing at the moment.

I've just downloaded worldwide weather data for the last 15 years from the UK Weather Centre. All I've gotta do now is cobble a few software routines together to analyse it and then decide which country in the real world the countries in the Realms represent and I should be able to use the results of the analysis to produce a reasonable model.

A long term project I think (I really must get a life)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000