Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Campaign information

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
justdave Posted - 11 Feb 2018 : 15:24:54
So (and I apologise that this has probably been asked before), If I were running a campaign (1356 DR to 1370 DR) where can I get my hands on campaign material. The party are up near Neverwinter at the moment and are probably going to head there first.
Thanks
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sfdragon Posted - 11 Feb 2018 : 19:53:56
reader's guide to drizzt iirc had some neverwinter stuff in it. and I think a map type image in it too
Markustay Posted - 11 Feb 2018 : 17:21:50
Neverwinter in the 3e period is rough. We have 2e material, and then in 3e we are totally missing a book on 'The North'. You may have to look through 4e/5e stuff on the place (there is a lot) and then backwards-engineer the lore. There was a 3e Waterdeep book (there ALWAYS is lol), but I don't think that even mentions Neverwinter, and thats as close as it comes. The only other thing is the 3e campaign guide, but that only has 2 smallish paragraphs - it amounts to nothing, really.

I saw a map somewhere wherein the person took the 4e map - with the big-arse 'scar' - and covered most of the crevasse, but left a bit of it, because crevasses are kewl (and I say that in the 11th Doctor's voice ). Personally, I love that take, even though the latest iteration (5e) says its gone. Of course, that doesn't help you, does it? In your case I would just use the newest book on the place (probably the 4e one), and then use the older map, and then 'fudge things'. For a decent timeline and maybe a couple of NPCs, hopefully Krash or someone else can come along and help with that. I have a big hole in my 'North' lore between 2e & 4e.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000