Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Campaign information
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

justdave
Acolyte

13 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2018 :  15:24:54  Show Profile Send justdave a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So (and I apologise that this has probably been asked before), If I were running a campaign (1356 DR to 1370 DR) where can I get my hands on campaign material. The party are up near Neverwinter at the moment and are probably going to head there first.
Thanks

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2018 :  17:21:50  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Neverwinter in the 3e period is rough. We have 2e material, and then in 3e we are totally missing a book on 'The North'. You may have to look through 4e/5e stuff on the place (there is a lot) and then backwards-engineer the lore. There was a 3e Waterdeep book (there ALWAYS is lol), but I don't think that even mentions Neverwinter, and thats as close as it comes. The only other thing is the 3e campaign guide, but that only has 2 smallish paragraphs - it amounts to nothing, really.

I saw a map somewhere wherein the person took the 4e map - with the big-arse 'scar' - and covered most of the crevasse, but left a bit of it, because crevasses are kewl (and I say that in the 11th Doctor's voice ). Personally, I love that take, even though the latest iteration (5e) says its gone. Of course, that doesn't help you, does it? In your case I would just use the newest book on the place (probably the 4e one), and then use the older map, and then 'fudge things'. For a decent timeline and maybe a couple of NPCs, hopefully Krash or someone else can come along and help with that. I have a big hole in my 'North' lore between 2e & 4e.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2018 :  19:53:56  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
reader's guide to drizzt iirc had some neverwinter stuff in it. and I think a map type image in it too

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000