Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Favorite Forgotten Realms adventure

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lord Rad Posted - 25 Aug 2002 : 12:42:13
Ok, so whats everyones favorite and most enjoyable published Forgotten Realms adventure? I personally liked the Randal Morn Trilogy of adventures, im sure that Ruins of Undermountain is a great adventure to play or DM but ive never had the privilage (yet). Is RoUM anything more than a simple dungeon crawl? Is there any ongoing indepth plot to it?

Rad

Edited by - Rad on 25 Aug 2002 12:43:01
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Derulbaskul Posted - 31 Aug 2014 : 01:02:37
Raiders of Galath's Roost from Dungeon 8x. What could be more Realmsian than drow, the Zhentarim, and a menacing cleric of Bane? :)
Seethyr Posted - 29 Aug 2014 : 22:17:21
Nightmare Keep, FMA1 City of Gold (in Maztica), and the short adventure in The Jungles of Chult adventure known as The Heart of the Jungle. I probably enjoyed that last one so much because James Lowder's Ring of Winter remains my favorite FR novel.
Veritas Posted - 28 Jun 2014 : 02:32:47
One heck of a necro thread, 2002 to 2013. I loved Night Below myself and general underdark spelunking. city of the Spider Queen is up there.
Copper Elven Vampire Posted - 28 Mar 2014 : 17:31:35
For duty and deity
Cbad285 Posted - 01 Mar 2014 : 09:12:47
Quest for the Heartstone circa 1984. Requires some translations but man is it a good mod.
idilippy Posted - 28 Feb 2014 : 20:55:00
quote:
Originally posted by 9thChapter

Curious if anyone has run the Ruins of Myth Drannor for a party of lower level PCs? (level 3) Curious what the best 'lower level' FR adventure is. I quite like the way Wyrmskull Throne reads... haven't played it yet, though.

I did actually, converted to Pathfinder though I stuck in the Ruins as part of my modified Kingmaker adventure path. It worked well as a scary place to be low level, maybe too well because after they escaped the first time they didn't go back into the ruins for 5 or 6 more levels. Wild magic areas and dead magic areas, traps, monsters of all kinds, and great wonders all mixed in make the Ruins of Myth Drannor one of my favorite adventuring locations in the Realms.
Kusghuul Posted - 28 Feb 2014 : 01:18:58
Bizarrely, Ruins of Hellgate Keep. Iconic place, cool baddies (Sarya Dlardrageth, Khaanyr Vhok) and so much happens in it.
hashimashadoo Posted - 15 Dec 2013 : 17:29:31
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

There's also the Night Below boxed adventure. It wasn't written specifically for the FR, but it had a VERY FR feel to it

I've been running through the Night Below lately. Myself, the DM and the other players all got bored by the time we reached Glass Pool.
9thChapter Posted - 15 Dec 2013 : 07:48:41
Curious if anyone has run the Ruins of Myth Drannor for a party of lower level PCs? (level 3) Curious what the best 'lower level' FR adventure is. I quite like the way Wyrmskull Throne reads... haven't played it yet, though.
The Arcanamach Posted - 05 Dec 2013 : 07:53:25
There's also the Night Below boxed adventure. It wasn't written specifically for the FR, but it had a VERY FR feel to it
Alruane Posted - 03 Dec 2013 : 21:41:33
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

Hard to pin down just one. Ruins of Undermountain and Myth Drannor are both excellent adventures. Under Illefarn is an excellent beginning adventure. City of the Spiderqueen is a well-written adventure as well. Just too many to choose from.

Myth Drannor, I've always wanted to do that! Ever since I read about it the Elminster Novels.
The Arcanamach Posted - 03 Dec 2013 : 21:38:46
Hard to pin down just one. Ruins of Undermountain and Myth Drannor are both excellent adventures. Under Illefarn is an excellent beginning adventure. City of the Spiderqueen is a well-written adventure as well. Just too many to choose from.
The Madmage Posted - 30 Nov 2013 : 02:17:07
quote:
Originally posted by kahonen

My favourite Forgotten Realms adventure as a DM wasn't actually a Forgotten Realms adventure. I took my FR party into Ravenloft using the Ship of Horrors adventure. It's got to be the funniest thing ever to see a Priest of Tyr try to Detect Evil when they got off the ship in Ravenloft

The best FR specific adventures has to be The Randall Morn Trilogy. My current party started with this and when they were successful they became known as The Freemen of Dagger Falls - happy days

Forgotten Terror (the 2nd half of the Forgotten Realms/Ravenloft crossover) is my favourite by far. The adventure is superb. Sadly, Castle Spulzeer, the Forgotten Realms first half, needs a lot of work to be salvaged. Basically, cut most of the encounters prior to reaching the Castle.
Alruane Posted - 25 Nov 2013 : 10:22:10
Sword Coast.
Fynn CĂ©ldor Posted - 26 Oct 2002 : 01:58:36
i played through menzoberranzan once, and oh boy we were up all night and up 'till 2 the next day. it was very, very fun. i recomend it..

playing made up adventures is always better though..
Jeffrey Williams Posted - 13 Oct 2002 : 05:47:33
[quote]Originally posted by NiTessine

Ruins of the Undermountain is the best of 'em all... The biggest, too. Especially with the second box, the novel, and the three 32-page adventures.

No way. Anyone purchase or read the Ruins of Myth Drannor? One the better but understated campaign settings in the Forgotten Realms. More and surprisingly sharper material the RotU 1 and 2.

Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 27 Sep 2002 : 17:45:03
Hmmm... I don't have a favorite FR module... and even though I own several, I have never played or DM-ed them. I tend to 'borrow' encounter ideas for them and use the modules as sources of (canon)information.

I prefer to write my own scenarios, specifically suited to the characters in my campaign and the story I have in mind.
Lord Rad Posted - 22 Sep 2002 : 09:54:53
I ran Doom of Daggerdale as my first FR adventure (It was either that or "Beneath the Twisted Tower", its all a bit hazy now, one followeed the other anyway), I added much of my own material but really enjoyed running the adventure and the players also enjoyed playing it. I find that with the 32 page modules such as this that they do need a lot of fleshing out to make it more interesting.

I enjoy running campaigns around the Daggerdale area and using the Zhentarim as an ongoing threat........ kind of builds up the PC's hatred for them
Halidan Posted - 22 Sep 2002 : 04:13:56
quote:
Originally posted by Rad
Ok, so whats everyones favorite and most enjoyable published Forgotten Realms adventure

Greetings Realms Fans,

I'm new to these boards - just saw mention of them on one of the other FR boards or lists that I frequent. They look interesting and lively. I think I'll enjoy it here.

Personally my favorite FR adventure is the "Doom of Daggerdale." My current campaign used it as a prequel to a heavily modified version of the Randal Morn trilogy. Doom gave them an excellent chance to get to know Daggerdale and become involved with the Riders before working on the mysteries surrounding the Sword of the Dales.

I've also used the old (1st edition) FR module "Ruins of Adventure" on a number of occassions. It's the pen & paper version of the old SSI gold box computer game. Not the best adventure ever written, but an excellent outline of the ruins of Phlan and a decent framework for a lot of material I wrote to suppliment both the CRPG and the module.
eilinel Posted - 19 Sep 2002 : 03:23:43
personally, i prefer my own adventures, but i would like to play the City of Spider Queen. Unfortunately, i've already read it, so... it'd be stupide to play it now.

It's always the same thing, i'm sure that the others Dm understand me. Poor DM, comdamned to be DM or to play a unique adventure!

eilinel Posted - 19 Sep 2002 : 03:13:37
Dwarfs'd uphold the land and there will be no evil...
mmm... a strange idea, why do u think about our friendly duergars?
Well, by any way i prefer a good big fat dwarf on a spit...

An orc sharpening his ax
king-tiax Posted - 16 Sep 2002 : 21:34:43
Do any of you have planes for a NWN multiplayer game in fucture.
Strahd Von Zarovich Posted - 16 Sep 2002 : 19:57:44
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

....although I still have a lot of FR adventures which i have yet to DM or play.

Rad

Aye and I will be looking forward to rolling those dice again with ya!

Strahd Von Zarovich
Lord Rad Posted - 16 Sep 2002 : 19:54:37
Well Strahd, youll be refering to the Randal Morn adventures:

The Sword of the Dales
The Secret of Spiderhaunt
The Return of Randal Morn

I quite enjoyed DMing those adventures. One of my favorites has to be "Beneath the Twisted Tower" from the FR Campaign Box (in the Shadowdale book)..... although I still have a lot of FR adventures which i have yet to DM or play.

Rad
Strahd Von Zarovich Posted - 16 Sep 2002 : 19:48:29
Oh, here we go again!

Tiax spoiling yet another good post with his ramblings about dwarves. Which in turn makes me ramble on about Tiax. Please please please, we beg of you to shut up!

You are either:-

A) Obsessive, stupid or ignorant in such a manner that you cannot take a hint. Please stop now!!!

Strahd Von Zarovich

N.B

The A) thing is a personal joke

king-tiax Posted - 16 Sep 2002 : 19:39:38
Dwarves shall uphold the land, there will be no evil.
Strahd Von Zarovich Posted - 16 Sep 2002 : 18:25:17
quote:
Originally posted by DarkRanger

I like the Ravenloft idea.
Player: "I cast detect evil."
DM: "It's Ravenloft. Everythings's evil."
Player: "Can I smite them."
DM: "You can try."

Hee hee.

Ravenloft rocks. Dont get me wrong I am very open minded and I love the Forgotten Realms nearly as much as the mist filled land.

One of the best adventures I played was in the realms, and it was run the the scribe of this great site. It was one of the shadowdale ones, I am not sure exactly what the order of the games were (I am sure Rad could fill us in better), but it was a well written adventure. And besides it had Zhentarim in it, and I think they are cool!

Strahd Von Zarovich
king-tiax Posted - 15 Sep 2002 : 22:00:25
Well, thats true but you shoulden't say it.
kahonen Posted - 14 Sep 2002 : 13:18:29
Taking a wild stab in the dark here, King-Tiax, but I bet they've got dwarves in them and the dwarves win
king-tiax Posted - 14 Sep 2002 : 11:37:59
I like my own adventures.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000