Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Favorite Forgotten Realms adventure
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2002 :  12:42:13  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ok, so whats everyones favorite and most enjoyable published Forgotten Realms adventure? I personally liked the Randal Morn Trilogy of adventures, im sure that Ruins of Undermountain is a great adventure to play or DM but ive never had the privilage (yet). Is RoUM anything more than a simple dungeon crawl? Is there any ongoing indepth plot to it?

Rad

Edited by - Rad on 25 Aug 2002 12:43:01

Solmyr
Seeker

Sweden
78 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2002 :  19:00:29  Show Profile  Visit Solmyr's Homepage Send Solmyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't played any FR specific adventure yet, but I look forward to play/dm city of the spider queen someday.

With each post i grow wiser and with added wisdom I grow stronger.
Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2002 :  22:34:59  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personaly I am a Great fan of MERP (Middle Earth Role Playing, It's a Lord of the Rings RPG, you should try it.

Daveron: My name is Daveron, I would ask yours but I don't care to become aquainted with the dead.

BG1.
Go to Top of Page

NiTessine
Acolyte

Finland
34 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  00:33:57  Show Profile  Visit NiTessine's Homepage Send NiTessine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ruins of the Undermountain is the best of 'em all... The biggest, too. Especially with the second box, the novel, and the three 32-page adventures.

Go to Top of Page

Celebrant Moonflower
Acolyte

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2002 :  01:00:53  Show Profile  Visit Celebrant Moonflower's Homepage Send Celebrant Moonflower a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever played The WyrmSkull Throne? I found it quite interesting especially if you had the Sea of Fallen Stars as well. If you Don't have the Sea of Fallen Stars I suggest you get it!

When has truth been utterly devoid of paradox?
Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2002 :  21:43:42  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Celerant the game you mentioned(wyrmskull throne sounds good where can I get it.

Daveron: My name is Daveron, I would ask yours but I don't care to become aquainted with the dead.

BG1.
Go to Top of Page

Celebrant Moonflower
Acolyte

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2002 :  23:05:07  Show Profile  Visit Celebrant Moonflower's Homepage Send Celebrant Moonflower a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm...well since 2nd edition material is out of print. I'd try either amazon.com or ebay. If you can't find it there you might be able to download it off of Kazza or something similar.

When has truth been utterly devoid of paradox?
Go to Top of Page

kahonen
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2002 :  00:11:20  Show Profile  Visit kahonen's Homepage Send kahonen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favourite Forgotten Realms adventure as a DM wasn't actually a Forgotten Realms adventure. I took my FR party into Ravenloft using the Ship of Horrors adventure. It's got to be the funniest thing ever to see a Priest of Tyr try to Detect Evil when they got off the ship in Ravenloft

The best FR specific adventures has to be The Randall Morn Trilogy. My current party started with this and when they were successful they became known as The Freemen of Dagger Falls - happy days

Go to Top of Page

Solmyr
Seeker

Sweden
78 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2002 :  14:50:10  Show Profile  Visit Solmyr's Homepage Send Solmyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, I don't think you should talk about illigal activities here. If we want the forum to be taken seriously plz don't.

With each post i grow wiser and with added wisdom I grow stronger.
Go to Top of Page

Ebola
Acolyte

Slovenia
15 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2002 :  19:15:06  Show Profile  Visit Ebola's Homepage Send Ebola a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i like Salvatores adventure Accursed Tower
Go to Top of Page

DarkRanger
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2002 :  21:47:52  Show Profile  Visit DarkRanger's Homepage Send DarkRanger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the Ravenloft idea.
Player: "I cast detect evil."
DM: "It's Ravenloft. Everythings's evil."
Player: "Can I smite them."
DM: "You can try."

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Go to Top of Page

kahonen
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2002 :  22:09:57  Show Profile  Visit kahonen's Homepage Send kahonen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to say that it was difficult to DM the situation:

Hallorun Tann: I'll try to Detect Evil.
DM: OK. Any direction? Are you looking for anything in particular?
Hallorun Tann: No, just generally.
DM: Hallorun lets out a shriek of pain and collapses.
Rest of Party: S**t!

He ended up unconscious for a couple of hours. I could have been nastier but this was enough to make the point that they weren't where they thought they were.

I'm only pleased he didn't try Protection From Evil
Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2002 :  11:37:59  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like my own adventures.

My name is Tiax, I would ask yours but I don't care to become aquainted with the dead.

Go to Top of Page

kahonen
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2002 :  13:18:29  Show Profile  Visit kahonen's Homepage Send kahonen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Taking a wild stab in the dark here, King-Tiax, but I bet they've got dwarves in them and the dwarves win
Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2002 :  22:00:25  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, thats true but you shoulden't say it.

My name is Tiax, I would ask yours but I don't care to become aquainted with the dead.

Go to Top of Page

Strahd Von Zarovich
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2002 :  18:25:17  Show Profile  Visit Strahd Von Zarovich's Homepage Send Strahd Von Zarovich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarkRanger

I like the Ravenloft idea.
Player: "I cast detect evil."
DM: "It's Ravenloft. Everythings's evil."
Player: "Can I smite them."
DM: "You can try."

Hee hee.

Ravenloft rocks. Dont get me wrong I am very open minded and I love the Forgotten Realms nearly as much as the mist filled land.

One of the best adventures I played was in the realms, and it was run the the scribe of this great site. It was one of the shadowdale ones, I am not sure exactly what the order of the games were (I am sure Rad could fill us in better), but it was a well written adventure. And besides it had Zhentarim in it, and I think they are cool!

Strahd Von Zarovich

Strahd Von Zarovich

Alaundo and I invite fans of everything D&D to join us!
http://www.worldsofdnd.com
Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2002 :  19:39:38  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dwarves shall uphold the land, there will be no evil.

Go to Top of Page

Strahd Von Zarovich
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2002 :  19:48:29  Show Profile  Visit Strahd Von Zarovich's Homepage Send Strahd Von Zarovich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, here we go again!

Tiax spoiling yet another good post with his ramblings about dwarves. Which in turn makes me ramble on about Tiax. Please please please, we beg of you to shut up!

You are either:-

A) Obsessive, stupid or ignorant in such a manner that you cannot take a hint. Please stop now!!!

Strahd Von Zarovich

N.B

The A) thing is a personal joke

Strahd Von Zarovich

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2002 :  19:54:37  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Strahd, youll be refering to the Randal Morn adventures:

The Sword of the Dales
The Secret of Spiderhaunt
The Return of Randal Morn

I quite enjoyed DMing those adventures. One of my favorites has to be "Beneath the Twisted Tower" from the FR Campaign Box (in the Shadowdale book)..... although I still have a lot of FR adventures which i have yet to DM or play.

Rad

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Strahd Von Zarovich
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2002 :  19:57:44  Show Profile  Visit Strahd Von Zarovich's Homepage Send Strahd Von Zarovich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

....although I still have a lot of FR adventures which i have yet to DM or play.

Rad

Aye and I will be looking forward to rolling those dice again with ya!

Strahd Von Zarovich

Strahd Von Zarovich

Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2002 :  21:34:43  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do any of you have planes for a NWN multiplayer game in fucture.

Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2002 :  03:13:37  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dwarfs'd uphold the land and there will be no evil...
mmm... a strange idea, why do u think about our friendly duergars?
Well, by any way i prefer a good big fat dwarf on a spit...

An orc sharpening his ax

Edited by - Tethtoril on 13 Nov 2002 16:50:18
Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2002 :  03:23:43  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
personally, i prefer my own adventures, but i would like to play the City of Spider Queen. Unfortunately, i've already read it, so... it'd be stupide to play it now.

It's always the same thing, i'm sure that the others Dm understand me. Poor DM, comdamned to be DM or to play a unique adventure!

Go to Top of Page

Halidan
Senior Scribe

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2002 :  04:13:56  Show Profile  Visit Halidan's Homepage Send Halidan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad
Ok, so whats everyones favorite and most enjoyable published Forgotten Realms adventure

Greetings Realms Fans,

I'm new to these boards - just saw mention of them on one of the other FR boards or lists that I frequent. They look interesting and lively. I think I'll enjoy it here.

Personally my favorite FR adventure is the "Doom of Daggerdale." My current campaign used it as a prequel to a heavily modified version of the Randal Morn trilogy. Doom gave them an excellent chance to get to know Daggerdale and become involved with the Riders before working on the mysteries surrounding the Sword of the Dales.

I've also used the old (1st edition) FR module "Ruins of Adventure" on a number of occassions. It's the pen & paper version of the old SSI gold box computer game. Not the best adventure ever written, but an excellent outline of the ruins of Phlan and a decent framework for a lot of material I wrote to suppliment both the CRPG and the module.

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied,
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

Edgar Allen Poe - 1849
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2002 :  09:54:53  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ran Doom of Daggerdale as my first FR adventure (It was either that or "Beneath the Twisted Tower", its all a bit hazy now, one followeed the other anyway), I added much of my own material but really enjoyed running the adventure and the players also enjoyed playing it. I find that with the 32 page modules such as this that they do need a lot of fleshing out to make it more interesting.

I enjoy running campaigns around the Daggerdale area and using the Zhentarim as an ongoing threat........ kind of builds up the PC's hatred for them

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2002 :  17:45:03  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... I don't have a favorite FR module... and even though I own several, I have never played or DM-ed them. I tend to 'borrow' encounter ideas for them and use the modules as sources of (canon)information.

I prefer to write my own scenarios, specifically suited to the characters in my campaign and the story I have in mind.
Go to Top of Page

Jeffrey Williams
Acolyte

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2002 :  05:47:33  Show Profile  Visit Jeffrey Williams's Homepage Send Jeffrey Williams a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by NiTessine

Ruins of the Undermountain is the best of 'em all... The biggest, too. Especially with the second box, the novel, and the three 32-page adventures.

No way. Anyone purchase or read the Ruins of Myth Drannor? One the better but understated campaign settings in the Forgotten Realms. More and surprisingly sharper material the RotU 1 and 2.

Geoffrey Mordraith, Sage, Cleric of Helm, Bearer of the Morning Star
devilboy@anv.net
www.bigbluepigeon.blogspot.com
www.thefourthportal.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Fynn Céldor
Acolyte

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2002 :  01:58:36  Show Profile  Visit Fynn Céldor's Homepage Send Fynn Céldor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i played through menzoberranzan once, and oh boy we were up all night and up 'till 2 the next day. it was very, very fun. i recomend it..

playing made up adventures is always better though..

spirit. it is the hero's strength, the mother's resilieance, and the poor man's armor. it cannot be broken, and it cannot be taken away. this i must believe.
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  10:22:10  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sword Coast.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

The Madmage
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2013 :  02:17:07  Show Profile Send The Madmage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kahonen

My favourite Forgotten Realms adventure as a DM wasn't actually a Forgotten Realms adventure. I took my FR party into Ravenloft using the Ship of Horrors adventure. It's got to be the funniest thing ever to see a Priest of Tyr try to Detect Evil when they got off the ship in Ravenloft

The best FR specific adventures has to be The Randall Morn Trilogy. My current party started with this and when they were successful they became known as The Freemen of Dagger Falls - happy days

Forgotten Terror (the 2nd half of the Forgotten Realms/Ravenloft crossover) is my favourite by far. The adventure is superb. Sadly, Castle Spulzeer, the Forgotten Realms first half, needs a lot of work to be salvaged. Basically, cut most of the encounters prior to reaching the Castle.
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2013 :  21:38:46  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hard to pin down just one. Ruins of Undermountain and Myth Drannor are both excellent adventures. Under Illefarn is an excellent beginning adventure. City of the Spiderqueen is a well-written adventure as well. Just too many to choose from.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000