Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Be afraid, BE VERY AFRAID

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dargoth Posted - 24 Jun 2004 : 01:51:02

This is disturbing on so many levels

http://www.gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=13398&mode=thread&order=0
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 Jun 2004 : 20:16:31
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Sarta's post makes me feel better too... if they're going to repeat such a bad mistake, better drag P Hilton down with them than other good actors such as poor Mr. Jeremy Irons...

On another level, I am saddened that even rumors are circulating of such another crappy D&D movie. To the risk of sounding like a broken record, when are we going to get a RAS written Drizzt movie? RAS' connections with George Lucas could prove very useful here, don't you all think?

Oh no, not someone else who wants a Drizzt movie... I'll stop right there and say no more, because I promised myself that the third debate about that on the WotC forums was the last I'd do.
SiriusBlack Posted - 29 Jun 2004 : 19:19:22
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight
To the risk of sounding like a broken record, when are we going to get a RAS written Drizzt movie? RAS' connections with George Lucas could prove very useful here, don't you all think?

Yes, every time I look at Jar Jar Binks I think what a fine Drizzt he would make.
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 29 Jun 2004 : 18:59:09
Sarta's post makes me feel better too... if they're going to repeat such a bad mistake, better drag P Hilton down with them than other good actors such as poor Mr. Jeremy Irons...

On another level, I am saddened that even rumors are circulating of such another crappy D&D movie. To the risk of sounding like a broken record, when are we going to get a RAS written Drizzt movie? RAS' connections with George Lucas could prove very useful here, don't you all think?
Lady Kazandra Posted - 29 Jun 2004 : 09:49:35
Thanks Gion.

Alaundo was right when he said I should like in the mirror . . .
Thelonius Posted - 29 Jun 2004 : 08:15:49

Good explanation Sarta, now i understand....

Ah! Nice new avatar Lady Kazandra.
Lady Kazandra Posted - 29 Jun 2004 : 04:15:13
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

....or the Paris Hilton Lubrication spell...... (ok I couldnt resist that one)

That's okay. But from what I've been reading of late regarding the heiress, you're closer to the truth than you actually realise...

In any event, I really think we should be getting back to suitable (and worthwhile) Realmslore discussion...
Lysander Posted - 28 Jun 2004 : 15:57:54
quote:
Originally posted by Brother Ezra

"Actually, I think the casting of Paris Hilton is a marvelous idea, and I fully encourage all members of our faith to attend. I believe that her acting encompasses the true core values of our faith."

-Father Pallar the Submissive, priest of Ilmater, god of suffering and endurance.

Bravo!

quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

Think of the awesome product placement Opertunities you could put in the D&D movies.....

Mordenkainen's Magnificent Hilton Hotel Spell....or the Paris Hilton Lubrication spell...... (ok I couldnt resist that one)

I can't wait to see what PrC they tie in to the character Paris plays if she gets the part.

Whatever it is, it'll be shrinkwrapped and on the high shelf!

Lysander
SiriusBlack Posted - 28 Jun 2004 : 15:44:39
quote:

Think of the awesome product placement Opertunities you could put in the D&D movies.....

Mordenkainen's Magnificent Hilton Hotel Spell....or the Paris Hilton Lubrication spell...... (ok I couldnt resist that one)

I can't wait to see what PrC they tie in to the character Paris plays if she gets the part.
Dargoth Posted - 28 Jun 2004 : 14:59:44

Brother Ezra Posted - 28 Jun 2004 : 13:52:08
"Actually, I think the casting of Paris Hilton is a marvelous idea, and I fully encourage all members of our faith to attend. I believe that her acting encompasses the true core values of our faith."

-Father Pallar the Submissive, priest of Ilmater, god of suffering and endurance.
Lady Kazandra Posted - 28 Jun 2004 : 09:35:50
Heh, after reading Sarta's post, this whole idea doesn't sound so bad now . . .
Sarta Posted - 28 Jun 2004 : 09:26:01
quote:
Originally posted by Gion

I don't know who she is but her name looks familiar to me.... but i think she's not very well seen around here

She shouldn't be known anywhere (aside from her last name). She's the heiress to the Hilton Hotel fortune. She has done some modeling and made a name for herself by being a Hollywood socialite. Over time she has become famous (many would argue infamous). She eventually did a reality show where she and the daughter of Lionel Ritchie (multi-millionaire singer) were forced to live in rural America on a farm. A tape of her having sex with an ex-boyfriend made its rounds on the interenet about a year ago (which really can't be blamed on her aside from allowing it to be made in the first place).

Essentially, she is an incredibly rich, not very bright girl, who has worked as a model, bad actress, and the "star" of an inane reality show. In other words, she's perfect for an even worse sequel to a very bad movie based loosely on Dungeons and Dragons.

I feel better already.

Sarta
Thelonius Posted - 28 Jun 2004 : 08:23:46
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

quote:

quote:

I knew I shouldn't have opened this scroll... But, as is always the case, curiosity got the best of me...

What do you mean?

What I mean is, the news about Paris Hilton participating in this D&D project. From a female's perspective, she's not exactly the perfect "model" for everything that is good and wholesome about "womankind" . . .

I don't know who she is but her name looks familiar to me.... but i think she's not very well seen around here
RogueAssassin Posted - 26 Jun 2004 : 06:22:27
How so? Just Kidding. I do hope that if they make another Dungeons&Dragons movie they dont make another S-Bomb like that first one.

-The Rogue
Lady Kazandra Posted - 26 Jun 2004 : 02:54:28
quote:

quote:

I knew I shouldn't have opened this scroll... But, as is always the case, curiosity got the best of me...

What do you mean?

What I mean is, the news about Paris Hilton participating in this D&D project. From a female's perspective, she's not exactly the perfect "model" for everything that is good and wholesome about "womankind" . . .
Lysander Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 18:49:16
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lysander
And no, no guesses as to "cut dialog" for that, neither

Lysander

What cut dialogue? <innocent whistling>

I'm not gonna fall into that hole!

Lysander
SiriusBlack Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 18:37:40
quote:
And no, no guesses as to "cut dialog" for that, neither

Lysander

What cut dialogue? <innocent whistling>
Lysander Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 18:34:48
quote:

Yeah, but it would take the sexual tension between Catti and Drizzt to a whole new level.

Aye, that it would! And yes, I had to reread what you wrote to make sure that the words I read were the words you wrote And no, no guesses as to "cut dialog" for that, neither

Lysander
SiriusBlack Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 17:42:36
quote:
Originally posted by Chyron

Wow, this is the worst news I have heard since 3.5 became official.

Well, nothing is confirmed....so far.
SiriusBlack Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 17:41:20
quote:
I was thinking that... but Catti Brie wouldn't care if she broke a nail, and somehow I don't think she can keep her earlier posi.. er, roles from influencing how she'd try to play this.

Lysander

Yeah, but it would take the sexual tension between Catti and Drizzt to a whole new level.
Chyron Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 17:39:16
Well, if they were to do a FR movie I would hope for something closer to LOTR than say Beach Blanket Bingo, so I could not really see her in any "serious" chracter role, but again when talking about a 'sequel' to the D&D travesty that some refer to as a movie well...I guess a sequel to rubbish would be more rubbish.
Lysander Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 17:29:55
quote:

Maybe she can play Catti Brie if they ever make the Drizzt movie.

I was thinking that... but Catti Brie wouldn't care if she broke a nail, and somehow I don't think she can keep her earlier posi.. er, roles from influencing how she'd try to play this.

Lysander
Chyron Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 16:47:46
Wow, this is the worst news I have heard since 3.5 became official.
SiriusBlack Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 15:16:13
quote:
Originally posted by kahonen
One answer springs to mind but, trust me, you don't want to know

Tymora better bless me. Please, fire away. What answer is in your mind?
kahonen Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 13:18:01
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

The most important question of all is, what kinda character do you think Paris Hilton will play?

One answer springs to mind but, trust me, you don't want to know
Thelonius Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 11:01:45
quote:

What do you mean?
Lady Kazandra Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 10:52:22
Thelonius Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 08:17:41
For Chauntea end Rillifane's sake!!! Please not again!!!!!! I had enough with the first one!!

I expect they include Recommended age 4 to 6.
SiriusBlack Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 02:21:44
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I could easily see her as a cleric of Sune Fairehair or Sharess...

Maybe she can play Catti Brie if they ever make the Drizzt movie.
SiriusBlack Posted - 25 Jun 2004 : 02:20:03
quote:
Originally posted by Arion Elenim

BTW...anyone else notice that the article was "contributed" anonymously? Perhaps its a hoax (one can only hope)...

Didn't it come from a radio station? That media has always been reliable hasn't it?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000