Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Be afraid, BE VERY AFRAID
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2004 :  01:51:02  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

This is disturbing on so many levels

http://www.gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=13398&mode=thread&order=0

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Jlindgren
Acolyte

Venezuela
6 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2004 :  02:21:00  Show Profile  Visit Jlindgren's Homepage Send Jlindgren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What scares me is that if she tought that Wal-mart was a place that sells "walls" maybe she thinks that Dungeons&Dragons is a bondage and SM place.
well i guess i'll keep dreaming about that Fr movie written by Ed Greenwood!!

It Had Three Holes And I Really Wanted One...
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2004 :  02:21:05  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

This is disturbing on so many levels

http://www.gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=13398&mode=thread&order=0

Yeah, I saw that on ENWorld earlier today. I contemplated spreading the news here but didn't wish to scare any other scribes.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2004 :  02:27:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2004 :  02:51:54  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jlindgren

What scares me is that if she tought that Wal-mart was a place that sells "walls" maybe she thinks that Dungeons&Dragons is a bondage and SM place.
well i guess i'll keep dreaming about that Fr movie written by Ed Greenwood!!

lol

I almost said something similar myself but I thought Alaundo might object

Perhaps the D&D movies is a Film version of Kamerons Maiden of Pain novel staring Paris Hilton as the Cleric of Loviator

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2004 :  03:56:39  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth
Perhaps the D&D movies is a Film version of Kamerons Maiden of Pain novel staring Paris Hilton as the Cleric of Loviator

That's one. I was wondering how many jokes reporting this news might bring.
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2004 :  06:27:40  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fortunately, this bomb will be going straight to dvd it looks like, rather than garnering a lot of public attention. From this point on, I'm pretending that it isn't happening.

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2004 :  06:58:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know what occurred to me as a fun idea? Simple Life 3: The Forgotten Realms

Sure, they'd need a Chosen of Mystra and 8 squads of Purple Dragons to keep them alive, but it'd be fun to watch.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2004 :  08:43:52  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
as long as it doesn't have a wayans brother, i will likely go see it. I'm that sad

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

kahonen
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2004 :  12:26:43  Show Profile  Visit kahonen's Homepage Send kahonen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't see the problem with this. Having seen her last video, I have to say that while the story left a bit to be desired, the acting wasn't too bad.
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2004 :  13:01:06  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The D&D movie. It makes me shiver, still, when I recall the end of the battle scene (when Jeremy Iron 'beat' each of the characters - in turn! - until they, for no apparant reason, decided to crouch down and watch him), or anything that came out of the dwarf or 'Snail's' mouth, or the 'love' scenes between Superman's Jimmy and the wizard woman, or the baffling and super-treacley ending.

It lacked action, story, acting, world-building, humour, attractiveness, charm, maturity and sense. And was thus made all the worse by being part of the D&D brand.

And they plan to make a SEQUEL!!!??? (with PARIS HILTON!!!???) *Runs around room clutching head and babbling about WotC conspiracies against gamers.*

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)

Edited by - Sarelle on 24 Jun 2004 13:03:51
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2004 :  13:13:01  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had this tiny glimmer of a sliver of a shard of a speck of hope that this movie just might be a smidge better than the first one. No I don't have to wonder anymore.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2004 :  13:17:41  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kahonen

I can't see the problem with this. Having seen her last video, I have to say that while the story left a bit to be desired, the acting wasn't too bad.

Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2004 :  19:36:11  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The most important question of all is, what kinda character do you think Paris Hilton will play?

I myself cannot picture her being ANYTHING except for a harlot working at some cheap brothel. Lol.

This is the dialogue of Paris Hilton as a warrior:

P - Paris Hilton
D- Dwarf

P: Oh my god! This armour is SOOOOOO sweaty and heavy! And look at this thing, it's not even Gucci!

D: Hey shut your hole, wench! We still have to travel another 20 miles before we reach the dungeon.

P: TWENTY MILES??!!! That's it, I'm not going any further. I demand a carriage to take me the rest of the trip AND I want a prettier and shinier sword coz this one chipped my nails!

D: Damn blondie... if she wasn't so dumb and easy I wouldn't drag her along.

P: Hey dwarfie, I'm feeling rather hot and sweaty. I am going to take a bath. You wanna join me?

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2004 :  19:48:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could easily see her as a cleric of Sune Fairehair or Sharess...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

RogueAssassin
Learned Scribe

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2004 :  21:16:38  Show Profile  Visit RogueAssassin's Homepage Send RogueAssassin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Paris Hilton BattleMaiden of Tempus, 20th level barbarian, all fall before her incredible wrath...and her dog wears cloths...i mean seriously.

-The Rogue

"Spirit. Its a Heros strength, a mothers resiliance, and the poor mans armor. It cannot be broken and it cannot be taken away. This i must belive"---Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  00:50:08  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sigh.

What is the deal? Does WOTC think that D&D needs its already vast and undeserved reputation for being a game for the socially ignorant to increase? Putting Paris Hilton in ANYTHING is just going to make it more of a joke than anything else...

God forbid they hire an actress...though after the first film I can understand why there's a shortage of willing performers...

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  00:51:28  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BTW...anyone else notice that the article was "contributed" anonymously? Perhaps its a hoax (one can only hope)...

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

RogueAssassin
Learned Scribe

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  01:42:07  Show Profile  Visit RogueAssassin's Homepage Send RogueAssassin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, it probably is a hoax. Or at least lets hope that. If not then ill probably have to send out the Nightmasks or someone to take care of the blunder. Seriously, whoever OKed the first dnd movie needs a swift kick in the pipes if you know what i mean.

-The Rogue

"Spirit. Its a Heros strength, a mothers resiliance, and the poor mans armor. It cannot be broken and it cannot be taken away. This i must belive"---Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  02:20:03  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arion Elenim

BTW...anyone else notice that the article was "contributed" anonymously? Perhaps its a hoax (one can only hope)...

Didn't it come from a radio station? That media has always been reliable hasn't it?
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  02:21:44  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I could easily see her as a cleric of Sune Fairehair or Sharess...

Maybe she can play Catti Brie if they ever make the Drizzt movie.
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  08:17:41  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For Chauntea end Rillifane's sake!!! Please not again!!!!!! I had enough with the first one!!

I expect they include Recommended age 4 to 6.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est

Edited by - Thelonius on 25 Jun 2004 08:19:19
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  10:52:22  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I knew I shouldn't have opened this scroll... But, as is always the case, curiosity got the best of me...

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  11:01:45  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

I knew I shouldn't have opened this scroll... But, as is always the case, curiosity got the best of me...

What do you mean?

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

kahonen
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  13:18:01  Show Profile  Visit kahonen's Homepage Send kahonen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

The most important question of all is, what kinda character do you think Paris Hilton will play?

One answer springs to mind but, trust me, you don't want to know
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  15:16:13  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kahonen
One answer springs to mind but, trust me, you don't want to know

Tymora better bless me. Please, fire away. What answer is in your mind?
Go to Top of Page

Chyron
Learned Scribe

Hong Kong
279 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  16:47:46  Show Profile  Visit Chyron's Homepage Send Chyron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, this is the worst news I have heard since 3.5 became official.

Just My Thoughts
Chyron :)

Go to Top of Page

Lysander
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  17:29:55  Show Profile  Visit Lysander's Homepage Send Lysander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Maybe she can play Catti Brie if they ever make the Drizzt movie.

I was thinking that... but Catti Brie wouldn't care if she broke a nail, and somehow I don't think she can keep her earlier posi.. er, roles from influencing how she'd try to play this.

Lysander
Go to Top of Page

Chyron
Learned Scribe

Hong Kong
279 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  17:39:16  Show Profile  Visit Chyron's Homepage Send Chyron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, if they were to do a FR movie I would hope for something closer to LOTR than say Beach Blanket Bingo, so I could not really see her in any "serious" chracter role, but again when talking about a 'sequel' to the D&D travesty that some refer to as a movie well...I guess a sequel to rubbish would be more rubbish.

Just My Thoughts
Chyron :)

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  17:41:20  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lysander
I was thinking that... but Catti Brie wouldn't care if she broke a nail, and somehow I don't think she can keep her earlier posi.. er, roles from influencing how she'd try to play this.

Lysander

Yeah, but it would take the sexual tension between Catti and Drizzt to a whole new level.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  17:42:36  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chyron

Wow, this is the worst news I have heard since 3.5 became official.

Well, nothing is confirmed....so far.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000