Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 GenCon-Candlekeep Presents: Of Secrets Fair & Foul

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Garen Thal Posted - 27 Jun 2016 : 23:24:17
Once again, I'm pleased to announce that we'll be holding another Candlekeep Presents seminar this coming GenCon. The theme for this year's seminar is "Of Secret's Fair and Foul." From the seminar's event listing:
quote:
The Forgotten Realms is a world full of secrets. From dread cabals to evil cults, ancient beings and sinister brotherhoods, to the fabled NDA, come join us to explore the secrets of the Realms in our fifth annual celebration of the setting, its creators, and its fans.
We plan on talking about, and maybe revealing, a few secrets, as well as possibly creating some new ones. After all, what is a gathering of Realms fans for, if not to create new secrets for others to find?

If you're planning on coming to GenCon this year, we'd very much like for you to join us at the seminar. You can click the link above, or search for SEM1684079 or "Candlekeep Presents." Just sign up, and join us!

If you aren't coming to GenCon, or can't make it to the seminar, or want one of the cool pins we've given away in years past or just want to help fund the festivities, please check out the GoFundMe page we have set up to allow for contributions. No one should feel obligated to contribute, and we want everyone to be clear that the seminar (and that cool skull pin) is free for all attendees.

Please feel free to discuss or ask questions below. And for those that are coming, see you in Indianapolis!

-Brian
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chibi_grazzt Posted - 13 Aug 2016 : 02:33:47
Hi, Im fairly new here, and have only posted a few times. I wanted to share that I attended Gencon and went to this panel. I have to say it was a warm and friendly crowd, felt very much the love of the FR community. I also was very fortunate to win one of the Tyler Jacobson signed prints. To everyone who makes this event what it is, thank you, this will not be my last one. I hear next year is the big 30 anniversary :-)
Brimstone Posted - 12 Aug 2016 : 04:17:48
After reading through it BRAVO!
George Krashos Posted - 12 Aug 2016 : 02:30:10
quote:
Originally posted by Adhriva
Art and pictures are the best way how to stop people from skimming through something.

I hear you Adhriva and I promise I will bug you going forward. It's just that I had no time to plan for art given I was really, really wrestling with the lore and the sources to bring this one together and plus I had to get it to Gen Con and factor in the photocopy cost ... I will hassle you down the track however - never fear!

-- George Krashos
Brimstone Posted - 11 Aug 2016 : 22:04:46
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

I just did a quick skim of the PDF.

Is that good or bad?

-- George Krashos

From what I saw, its outstanding!
Adhriva Posted - 11 Aug 2016 : 20:56:58
quote:

quote:

Is that good or bad?

-- George Krashos

Art and pictures are the best way how to stop people from skimming through something.
Gary Dallison Posted - 11 Aug 2016 : 20:02:19
Its got to be good. I dont see how anyone could find something they dont like about it.
George Krashos Posted - 11 Aug 2016 : 19:16:09
quote:

Is that good or bad?

-- George Krashos
Brimstone Posted - 11 Aug 2016 : 12:49:37
Wooly Rupert Posted - 10 Aug 2016 : 09:55:54
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Im just wondering in advance of seeing George's work but is this new organisation based somewhere in the north around the high forest and is it really old. I do hope so.

It's an old organization in Cormyr.
Gary Dallison Posted - 10 Aug 2016 : 08:29:18
Im just wondering in advance of seeing George's work but is this new organisation based somewhere in the north around the high forest and is it really old. I do hope so.
Alaundo Posted - 09 Aug 2016 : 18:57:08
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

The file has been emailed to Big Al to upload to the main site. We are just waiting on him.

I will make a confession: when I first saw the file name, I misread it as "Layla Maurshanta", instead of Lalya Maurshanta -- so I was expecting a write-up of an NPC!

Well met

The file will be made available on the Candlekeep site on Thursday, along with some other updates.

Many thanks for George Krashos for sending this through
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Aug 2016 : 17:55:02
The file has been emailed to Big Al to upload to the main site. We are just waiting on him.

I will make a confession: when I first saw the file name, I misread it as "Layla Maurshanta", instead of Lalya Maurshanta -- so I was expecting a write-up of an NPC!
The Sage Posted - 09 Aug 2016 : 15:37:48
quote:

quote:

Layla maurshanta, thats an interesting name. Cant wait to read it.

It's elven for "Zealots of the Black Tree".

-- George Krashos

Any chance for those of us who couldn't attend to snap up a copy?
Delwa Posted - 09 Aug 2016 : 15:26:00
quote:

quote:
Brian and Erik were able to come through on getting Krash's article printed out; it's some really good stuff.

And they are legends for getting me out of a bind! So glad that it got there and I hope people liked it.

quote:
Originally posted by Delwa
What was Krash's treat? I'm drooling to find out.

It was a write-up of a group called the Lalya Maurshanta, in "Cloak and Dagger" format.

-- George Krashos

Thanks! Sounds fun.
Irennan Posted - 09 Aug 2016 : 14:02:15
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

quote:
Of course, we had some general lore discussion, as well, mostly about the deities. There was also some talk about the NPC handouts, their factions, and use of the NPCs.

If it can be revealed, which deities were talked about?

It was more of a general discussion, but Jergal and the various sun deities were specifically discussed, as well.

Thank you.

quote:
It was a write-up of a group called the Lalya Maurshanta, in "Cloak and Dagger" format.

I'm really curious about it too. Any chance that it'll be released on the DMG?

Brimstone Posted - 09 Aug 2016 : 13:14:07
quote:

quote:

I heard that no one from WotC was at GenCon this year. Is that true?

WotC had no official representation.

Neither did Kobold Press, which disappointed me -- I liked their booth last year, and I got to meet one of the designers who had helped write a lot of stuff I liked.

I did get to meet Sean Reynolds at the Monte Cook Games booth, and I went fanboy on him, as well.

Thanks Wooly!
Brimstone Posted - 09 Aug 2016 : 13:13:01
quote:

quote:

-- George Krashos

Quit teasing us. Can you spoil us with a little tidbit?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Aug 2016 : 10:12:19
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

quote:
Of course, we had some general lore discussion, as well, mostly about the deities. There was also some talk about the NPC handouts, their factions, and use of the NPCs.

It was more of a general discussion, but Jergal and the various sun deities were specifically discussed, as well.
George Krashos Posted - 09 Aug 2016 : 09:04:53
quote:

-- George Krashos
Gary Dallison Posted - 09 Aug 2016 : 08:23:47
George Krashos Posted - 09 Aug 2016 : 07:59:48
quote:
Brian and Erik were able to come through on getting Krash's article printed out; it's some really good stuff.

And they are legends for getting me out of a bind! So glad that it got there and I hope people liked it.

quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

-- George Krashos
Delwa Posted - 09 Aug 2016 : 06:10:22
quote:

quote:

Patiently waiting for news about the seminar and what went down ...

-- George Krashos

There was a lot of talk about the novel line, WotC's current production model, and the upcoming movie.

Jim Lowder was one of those that showed up, wearing a nifty TSR lanyard that must have been around for quite some time -- but it was one I'd buy in a heartbeat, if it was available! Mike Schley was also there; I went fanboy on him for a few minutes.

Ed's Onder Librum was also discussed, and some of the creator-types discussed some future personal projects that may come to fruition at a later date -- I'll not say more on the latter; it's not my place.

Irennan Posted - 09 Aug 2016 : 03:40:29
quote:

Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Aug 2016 : 03:31:02
quote:

WotC had no official representation.

Neither did Kobold Press, which disappointed me -- I liked their booth last year, and I got to meet one of the designers who had helped write a lot of stuff I liked.

I did get to meet Sean Reynolds at the Monte Cook Games booth, and I went fanboy on him, as well.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 09 Aug 2016 : 03:26:41
quote:

-- George Krashos

There was a lot of talk about the novel line, WotC's current production model, and the upcoming movie.

Jim Lowder was one of those that showed up, wearing a nifty TSR lanyard that must have been around for quite some time -- but it was one I'd buy in a heartbeat, if it was available! Mike Schley was also there; I went fanboy on him for a few minutes.

Ed's Onder Librum was also discussed, and some of the creator-types discussed some future personal projects that may come to fruition at a later date -- I'll not say more on the latter; it's not my place.

Irennan Posted - 08 Aug 2016 : 23:42:27
quote:

AFAIK, Jeremy Crawford was there.

Anyway, I'd also like to know what was discussed at the Seminar, if possible.
Brimstone Posted - 08 Aug 2016 : 23:31:59
moonbeast Posted - 08 Aug 2016 : 18:45:03
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

I won't be making it this year. One day, I will go to my first GenCon.

Make it next year. 30th anniversary of the published Realms ...

-- George Krashos

If Greenwood is there in 2017…. to meet and greet Realms fans…. I'd attend my (third) GenCon.

I skipped the last 2 years.
The Sage Posted - 08 Aug 2016 : 15:08:49
Indeed.

I'm curious about any general D&D news as well. I've heard very little... not sure whether that good or bad. Yet.
George Krashos Posted - 08 Aug 2016 : 09:21:45

-- George Krashos

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000