Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 GenCon-Candlekeep Presents: Of Secrets Fair & Foul
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2016 :  23:24:17  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Once again, I'm pleased to announce that we'll be holding another Candlekeep Presents seminar this coming GenCon. The theme for this year's seminar is "Of Secret's Fair and Foul." From the seminar's event listing:
quote:
The Forgotten Realms is a world full of secrets. From dread cabals to evil cults, ancient beings and sinister brotherhoods, to the fabled NDA, come join us to explore the secrets of the Realms in our fifth annual celebration of the setting, its creators, and its fans.
We plan on talking about, and maybe revealing, a few secrets, as well as possibly creating some new ones. After all, what is a gathering of Realms fans for, if not to create new secrets for others to find?

If you're planning on coming to GenCon this year, we'd very much like for you to join us at the seminar. You can click the link above, or search for SEM1684079 or "Candlekeep Presents." Just sign up, and join us!

If you aren't coming to GenCon, or can't make it to the seminar, or want one of the cool pins we've given away in years past or just want to help fund the festivities, please check out the GoFundMe page we have set up to allow for contributions. No one should feel obligated to contribute, and we want everyone to be clear that the seminar (and that cool skull pin) is free for all attendees.

Please feel free to discuss or ask questions below. And for those that are coming, see you in Indianapolis!

-Brian

Edited by - Garen Thal on 28 Jun 2016 01:58:43

Adhriva
Learned Scribe

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2016 :  23:45:12  Show Profile  Visit Adhriva's Homepage Send Adhriva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I so very much wish I could! Someone take notes for me!

Professional illustrator and comic book artist.
Portfolio
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2016 :  01:23:46  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That GoFundMe link doesn't seem to be working.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2016 :  02:00:21  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

That GoFundMe link doesn't seem to be working.

-- George Krashos
Thank you, George. Fixed!

(Apparently, "godfundme," while effective if it works as a request, is not the best of websites to send people to...)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2016 :  04:31:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not only am I signed up, my GenCon badge and event tickets arrived just today.

And I've thrown money into the Gofundme, too.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2016 :  12:22:26  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sigh, maybe next year. Even if I have to drive up there from Dallas...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2016 :  12:59:54  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll go next year, hopefully.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2016 :  10:21:04  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My tickets and badges arrived a few days ago (on Saturday, I believe). I've also donated as well.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2016 :  21:47:17  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I won't be making it this year. One day, I will go to my first GenCon.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2016 :  00:37:57  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

Make it next year. 30th anniversary of the published Realms ...

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2016 :  18:12:48  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

-- George Krashos

Oh my! Is that a hint that something extraordinary will happen at next year's GenCon? :O
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2016 :  03:30:18  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sno4wy
Oh my! Is that a hint that something extraordinary will happen at next year's GenCon? :O

As extraordinary as we can make it.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2016 :  09:01:54  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im so annoyed that i never get to go. I wonder what secrets will be revealed

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2016 :  15:10:02  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been meaning to get out to Gencon since moving out to the Midwest, almost a decade ago now. Things keep getting in the way but NEXT YEAR, I SWEAR! :O
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2016 :  04:16:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

-- George Krashos

That's the plan for me as well. I've been trying very hard this last year to get everything in order so that I can make this not only my first GenCon attendance... but finally, the time when I can also meet up with you all!

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
489 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2016 :  16:07:47  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be there. A shame that my dad had to sit outside and wait the whole time. He said that was the worst part last year.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2016 :  19:43:04  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Galuf the Dwarf

I'll be there. A shame that my dad had to sit outside and wait the whole time. He said that was the worst part last year.

I feel like someone should edit that "free them" meme for your dad in this case, except change the caption to "let him in". :P
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2016 :  20:06:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Galuf the Dwarf

The worst part for me was the fact that the cell phone reception in there was so bad it killed my cell phone battery - I had to turn my phone off, which really complicated Callmegene trying to get a hold of me.

I'll be better prepared for that aspect of it, this year.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
489 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2016 :  21:17:12  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

The worst part for me was the fact that the cell phone reception in there was so bad it killed my cell phone battery - I had to turn my phone off, which really complicated Callmegene trying to get a hold of me.

I'll be better prepared for that aspect of it, this year.

Ouch. That doesn't sound good.

quote:
Originally posted by sno4wy

I feel like someone should edit that "free them" meme for your dad in this case, except change the caption to "let him in". :P

Maybe. You never know. Of course, my dad doesn't know diddlysquat about the Realms, so I don't know if he'd care that much to be in. He's pretty much there because he's essentially "my ride" if you will. I wouldn't have gotten there in the first place without him.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766

Edited by - Galuf the Dwarf on 15 Jul 2016 21:20:17
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2016 :  09:48:25  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Gencon is looming, my fellow scribes! Still time to get those pledges into Garen Thal's GoFundMe page.

Once again, amazing pin badges have been produced, and this time there are TWO! There's also the opportunity to obtain previous year's badges, and I can personally state that they are truly wonderful to behold.

Please support "Candlekeep Presents" if you can. Many thanks once again to Garen Thal for arranging and keeping this fantastic seminar running for Realms fans.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Galadhion
Acolyte

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2016 :  04:32:47  Show Profile  Visit Galadhion's Homepage Send Galadhion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

Gencon is looming, my fellow scribes! Still time to get those pledges into Garen Thal's GoFundMe page.

Once again, amazing pin badges have been produced, and this time there are TWO! There's also the opportunity to obtain previous year's badges, and I can personally state that they are truly wonderful to behold.

Please support "Candlekeep Presents" if you can. Many thanks once again to Garen Thal for arranging and keeping this fantastic seminar running for Realms fans.

ESdB and I have been working with the art team to have some special treats for all the attendees. I just got a notice from the printer that the surprises are on their way. Our thanks to Garen Thal for organizing this event!

Eric Menge
Game Designer / Writer
www.mythmakers.com
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2016 :  18:53:33  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too have finished my special treat for the attendees. Just waiting to hear back from Brian and Erik re the logistics of getting that treat to Indy.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2016 :  19:48:22  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it a treat for the eyes or the bellies, and is it something us poor scribes; that may never get to go to gen con, might be able to get our hands on.

I do so hate missing out on realmslore and often cry myself to sleep (not literally) thinking about all the little bits handed out before the internet that i will never fet to see

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Adhriva
Learned Scribe

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2016 :  20:44:23  Show Profile  Visit Adhriva's Homepage Send Adhriva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So far all that has been shown in a few of the fb groups is a piece of FR penciled art.

Portfolio

Edited by - Adhriva on 29 Jul 2016 20:56:23
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2016 :  22:47:06  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My treat will be uploaded to the DMs Guild the night of the seminar and will be available for free download.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Galadhion
Acolyte

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2016 :  02:28:30  Show Profile  Visit Galadhion's Homepage Send Galadhion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am going to make links to the cards available here. There are 15 in all. They came out really well. I posted pictures on https://www.facebook.com/groups/candlekeepscribes

Eric Menge
Game Designer / Writer
www.mythmakers.com
Go to Top of Page

Adhriva
Learned Scribe

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2016 :  02:32:38  Show Profile  Visit Adhriva's Homepage Send Adhriva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you. I look forward to seeing more of the art presented in good detail

Portfolio

Edited by - Adhriva on 30 Jul 2016 02:33:26
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2016 :  23:59:03  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Adhriva

So far all that has been shown in a few of the fb groups is a piece of FR penciled art.

Not *penciled,* exactly, but not colored, either.

What we have is fifteen characters representing five secret societies in the Realms. Attendees will each get one, which serves as a campaign hook or character concept, as well as giving a set of optional at-Con "missions" for the agent (i.e. the attendee).

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Adhriva
Learned Scribe

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2016 :  01:52:06  Show Profile  Visit Adhriva's Homepage Send Adhriva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What medium is it then? The sample I was looking at (the first revealed) looked like 2mm H or F pencil that was scanned (or it was a digital simulacrum there of).

Portfolio
Go to Top of Page

Galadhion
Acolyte

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2016 :  14:31:22  Show Profile  Visit Galadhion's Homepage Send Galadhion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Adhriva

What medium is it then? The sample I was looking at (the first revealed) looked like 2mm H or F pencil that was scanned (or it was a digital simulacrum there of).

The illustrations are hb .5 and .3 lead mechanical pencil, scanned and then cleaned up in Photoshop. The organization icons are digital vectors designed in Illustrator. The text is Dalelands Uncial, Souvenir, and Book Antiqua. My goal is to match the style of Cloak and Dagger by Eric Boyd, Sean Reynolds, and Steven Schend.

Eric Menge
Game Designer / Writer
www.mythmakers.com
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2016 :  13:49:39  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It appears I may have run into some logistical problems re delivering my gift to the Seminar. Waiting on FedEx to see whether my online print order has gone through. Had the same issues last year but it got sorted. Might need someone on the ground with an e-mail addy and the ability to accept a 5Mb file ... I'll keep you posted.

-- George Krashos

Edited by - George Krashos on 03 Aug 2016 13:52:56
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000