Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 5e Westgate Lore?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 14 Jun 2016 : 18:42:34
Well met, all--

So, to my knowledge, the most recent Westgate info was in the article I released toward the end of 4e updating the city to 1485.

I've been distracted with other projects for a while since, so I'm asking here: Has there been anything else? Novels? Supplements? DMs Guild stuff?

Why do I ask?

Oh, no reason.

Not like I'm doing research for a current project or anything.

Cheers
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gyor Posted - 05 Jul 2016 : 23:33:36
Well Helm is back, so that's bound to have an effect.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Jun 2016 : 23:55:49
quote:
Originally posted by Lirdolin

(Just flipped through the novel 'Masquerades' to look at the old map of Westgate and wondered if Alias is still around to revisit 5e Westgate)

I asked Jeff Grubb about the longevity of Alias and her sisters, last year, at GenCon. He gave a definite maybe on whether or not they'd be immortal.

I'm inclined to think they would be immortal, because of Finder's original goal, but it could also be argued that since they are alive enough to have kids, that the gods didn't inflict immortality on them.
Lirdolin Posted - 28 Jun 2016 : 22:47:53
It depends on in which year your new project is set (Shadowbane - Eye of Justice and it's cliffhanger ending were set in 1480 DR), if this information is of any consequence:

In autum of 1485 DR up to Eleint of 1486 DR 'The Great Rain' reflooded the Sea of Fallen Stars to it's pre-Spellplague shoreline, so maybe the shore/harbor of Westgate might sport some drowned buildings now?

Another sideeffect of the storm is a'new' bloodline of sorcerers that appeared near the Inner Sea: Storm Sorcerers. (SCAG pg.136-137)

By the way could it be that your project, besides Westgate, is somehow connected to the way back 'Forgotten Realms Lore Reconciliation Contest'? (Remember: Still don't want to die horribly in one of your novels, prefer vampiric undeath)

(Just flipped through the novel 'Masquerades' to look at the old map of Westgate and wondered if Alias is still around to revisit 5e Westgate)
Gyor Posted - 27 Jun 2016 : 23:14:12
I didn't care for the discription of Westgate 5e, made it sound like sh*thole.
Delwa Posted - 25 Jun 2016 : 17:00:10
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Wasn't Vampshoon messing around in Cormyr during those Elminster novels? El must Die ectera...

That's what I was thinking. I seem to remember a line in Spellstorm that said he wasn't bothering with the Zhents atm? Could be wrong.
Lilianviaten Posted - 25 Jun 2016 : 04:08:00
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Well met, all--

So, to my knowledge, the most recent Westgate info was in the article I released toward the end of 4e updating the city to 1485.

I've been distracted with other projects for a while since, so I'm asking here: Has there been anything else? Novels? Supplements? DMs Guild stuff?

Why do I ask?

Oh, no reason.

Not like I'm doing research for a current project or anything.

Cheers

I would think Kirenkirsalai was ruling Westgate these days. But I could be wrong.
Brimstone Posted - 16 Jun 2016 : 14:51:35
Wasn't Vampshoon messing around in Cormyr during those Elminster novels? El must Die ectera...
hashimashadoo Posted - 16 Jun 2016 : 02:51:21
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowsoul

I thought one of Manshoon's clones was the leader.

Yes, the vampire one. He escaped the slaughter and became leader of the Zhentarim again.
Shadowsoul Posted - 15 Jun 2016 : 23:48:03
I thought one of Manshoon's clones was the leader.
hashimashadoo Posted - 15 Jun 2016 : 21:13:02
quote:
Originally posted by Seravin

Interesting that the Fire Knives are still around but no mention of the Night Masks.

That happened between 3rd & 4th edition. The two groups were allies, then the Fire Knives betrayed the Night Masks and murdered the vast majority of them.
Irennan Posted - 15 Jun 2016 : 16:54:46
I think it's a mix between a short story and an adventure, if my memory doesn't fail me. Novels can't be published through the DMGuild. Actually, it looks like pure fiction as a whole is prohibited (it's in their FAQs. So, fiction tied to sourcebooks and the likes is ok. Stand-alone fiction, not so much). Sadly, this prevented Elaine from releasing her ''Reclamation'' through the DMGuild, and it has impaired another work that a scribe here showed to me, and that I thought had a lot of potential.
Lamora Posted - 15 Jun 2016 : 16:50:30
Anyway this new work is a brand new novel? Preferably with a wizard as the main character? I can hope at least.
Irennan Posted - 15 Jun 2016 : 13:51:25
That I know, the few lines in the SCAG are all the post-Sundering lore available about Westgate. That said, I'm looking forward to your work, Erik.
Seravin Posted - 15 Jun 2016 : 03:53:44
Interesting that the Fire Knives are still around but no mention of the Night Masks.
Adhriva Posted - 14 Jun 2016 : 20:59:27
I have some unused concept art for an ambassador and his delegation from Westgate. The idea got cut from the project early, so I never discovered a true visual look for Westgate and its inhabitants. Obviously, completely unofficial art, but I'll send it your way if you're interested.
Gary Dallison Posted - 14 Jun 2016 : 20:18:20
This is exactly what the Realms needs and possibly the best thing about the DMs Guild, designers of the past working on the realms but writing what they want to write rather than what they are allowed to (or what is likely to get approved)

I've never read the Sundering novels but wasn't Westgate mentioned in one of those.

This is what Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide has about Westgate
quote:
Westgate. The dismal city of Westgate isn't a romantic place, but someone seeking employment for shady work, or looking to hire someone for the same, will find few places better suited in all of Faerun.
Westgate is considered by some Faerunians as a harbinger of the eventual fate of places like Arnn and Sembia, where coin rules over all other considerations. As in many such places, one's moral outlook is less important in Westgate than one's attitude toward bribery. The city's proximity to Cormyr makes it a breeding ground for that nation's enemies, including the Fire Knives, a guild of thieves and assassins that the naive pretend doesn't exist.

Unless it is mentioned in one of the adventure paths I think you have the freedom to write whatever inspires you.
Brimstone Posted - 14 Jun 2016 : 20:00:34
I think that you have a "clean slate" to work with Erik.
Adhriva Posted - 14 Jun 2016 : 19:31:00
The only 'official' material I can think of would be found in the Sword Coast Adventure Guide. None of the DMGuild stuff counts as official unless it finds its way into a Wizard's publication as I understand it - and to my knowledge, none have (think of the DMG as a huge, RPG-titles-only, community brainstorming session.)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000