Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 New Forgotten Realms Lore

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Razz Posted - 25 Sep 2015 : 04:12:34
It's been a long while since I posted here on a regular basis. I need to get back into it again. So, for starters, I am very lost on the Forgotten Realms setting right now.

When I go to search for new lore regarding FR in 5E...I find myself completely lost. Where do I begin? Why isn't this compiled neatly somewhere? How much and how often are we getting more lore? I take it there won't be a new setting book? I don't quite understand much of anything about the Sundering, was that a "novel only" source? If so, that appears to be alienating those who do not read the novels, which I honestly wished they'd do a "Novel Lore" compilation on their website with (obviously) a spoiler warning for those reading the novels.

I asked a rather handful of questions, I know, I just was expecting something more organized by WotC but...I should've known better.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CorellonsDevout Posted - 08 Oct 2015 : 04:11:37
I'm going to buy it when it comes out. I want updates as much as anyone.
Razz Posted - 07 Oct 2015 : 02:52:54
Thanks for some info. I'll have to check this one out. I hope they speed up the lore release, everything concerning the Realms (or D&D in general) feels agonizingly slow. I am sure that is the model they are experimenting with for now, of course.
deserk Posted - 05 Oct 2015 : 21:45:48
quote:
Originally posted by hashimashadoo

Hmm. Up to five pages on the Realms outside of the Sword Coast; up to twenty pages on gods (including a sidebar on the Mulhorandi pantheon); lots of lore that has appeared in other sources that I bet has been repeated verbatim.

Yeah I really hope this book has some new lore and isn't just repeating the same stuff we already know.

I'm personally interested most by the Island Kingdoms chapter. I hope it refers to Ruathym, Tuern, Gundarlun, the Purple Rocks and the Whalebones, and not the Moonshae Isles which we already know a decent deal about. Those mentioned places have very limited lore. That alone would make me interested in getting this book.

Also the Barbarian Tribes of Faerun section could be quite interesting. Always wondered if there are some interesting barbarian societies beyond the North and Icewind Dale. If you look at the ToC you'll notice Uthgardts have a separate chapter for themselves so it can't refer to them.
Caladan Brood Posted - 03 Oct 2015 : 10:28:47
All I really want from such a work is, basically, Ed's wonderful imagination.
Rymac Posted - 02 Oct 2015 : 20:54:33
Judging from the look of the prefact and the TOC, it looks like the book will resemble Ed Greenwood Presents Elminster's Forgotten Realms. I'm getting more optimistic over SCAG. I wish they would release the Title and Copyright page. I'd love to know who did what, and if any of Under Illefarn Anew was used as source material.
hashimashadoo Posted - 02 Oct 2015 : 16:45:25
Hmm. Up to five pages on the Realms outside of the Sword Coast; up to twenty pages on gods (including a sidebar on the Mulhorandi pantheon); lots of lore that has appeared in other sources that I bet has been repeated verbatim.

I now have mixed feelings about this tome. I'll still buy it but...I dunno...
Mirtek Posted - 02 Oct 2015 : 10:34:06
And we have the ToC:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?469772-Here-s-That-SCAG-Table-of-Contents!
Jeremy Grenemyer Posted - 30 Sep 2015 : 20:56:17
Thanks Mirtek.

I am looking forward to this book.
Mirtek Posted - 30 Sep 2015 : 19:57:54
Here's the prefact of the SCAG: http://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/SCAG_Preface_3ms9.pdf
Irennan Posted - 25 Sep 2015 : 16:57:29
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

do we even have a title for that book yet?

Yes: Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide (http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/news/scag). Despite the title, it has been said that the book will include an update, with all the changes that the Sundering brought to the FR.
sleyvas Posted - 25 Sep 2015 : 16:48:50
do we even have a title for that book yet?
Irennan Posted - 25 Sep 2015 : 04:21:17
A (supposedly) CS-like book, including a general and complete overview of the Sundering, will come out in November. Most of the info regarding the Sundering were in the novel series, and in the novels that came after. However, the books only described a narrow part of what happened and changed in the FR, the rest being unknown. Ed clarified on some matters, but that's basically it.

A scribe, Lirdolin, compiled a timeline with the events in the novels: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19630

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000