Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 jack sparrow and jarlaxle? strikingly similar?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Berkthgar Posted - 01 Feb 2015 : 05:15:55
I find these two could make a great duo!
Legolas and drizzt would be in harmony
And bruenor and gimli would drink all the mead in the land.

What duos stand out to you in the vast fantasy worlds, compared to the forgotten realms?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Irennan Posted - 27 Mar 2015 : 23:20:41
Probably the fact that -in the movie, that is- he would be the one, single, super-special exception and paragon of goodness, with his whole race of dark skinned elves being utterly ''ebil'' and sadistic (except him and only him), would make things even weirder. Not to mention that there are other things that some people would jump at, like the fact that the only matriarchy portrayed in the movie would give that cliché evil/pesudo-dominatrix feel.

But then, perhaps people would just enjoy the movie, you never know...
BEAST Posted - 27 Mar 2015 : 23:11:45
But then the hero of the whole thing would also be a black skinned elf, too. So what would they have to say about that?
Artemas Entreri Posted - 27 Mar 2015 : 13:29:12
quote:
Originally posted by MrHedgehog

If they were to make a movie with Drizzt in it people would flip out that black skinned elves are evil counterparts to good fair skinned elves.

I'd have to agree. People today enjoy jumping on anything to put their own disillusioned twist on it.
MrHedgehog Posted - 27 Mar 2015 : 05:09:12
If they were to make a movie with Drizzt in it people would flip out that black skinned elves are evil counterparts to good fair skinned elves.
Arcanus Posted - 26 Mar 2015 : 17:29:32
Welcome to the Realms luv :-D
BEAST Posted - 26 Mar 2015 : 16:52:04
Jarlaxle is more James Bond, dressed in a pimp's clothes.

"I prefer my twelve-sided die shaken--not stirred." *tips the brim of his hat and winks the eye not hiding behind a patch*
Artemas Entreri Posted - 26 Mar 2015 : 15:50:45
Jack Sparrow doesn't have the intelligence of Jarlaxle.
Entromancer Posted - 26 Mar 2015 : 15:43:30
Is Jack Sparrow still a thing? Jarlaxle strikes me as being more...on point than Jack. Like, Jack does his thing where he kinda reels around drunk while Jarlaxle's only really outlandish feature are his clothes.
Tybalt Posted - 24 Mar 2015 : 20:26:12
I thought about this when imagining what a Drizzt movie would be like, everyone would probably think he was a rip off of jack sparrow, even though he was written first!
Giant Snake Posted - 04 Feb 2015 : 09:49:15
Wulfgar and Eomer (and Turin from the recently published work may apply). Both more clever than first appearances allow and definitely moreso than what outsiders would think. Most Tolkien analogies don't apply because the races and people are completely different, in my estimation, but this one holds up.

Zak Do'Urden and Hamlet. Maybe the closest thing to a man of conviction, but he is not the man of action. I guess Drizzt takes the role of Fortinbras - not that he is as silent and suddenly decisive, but relatively speaking he fits the role.
Entromancer Posted - 04 Feb 2015 : 00:06:53
Silchas Ruin and Drizzt would be...interesting.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Feb 2015 : 17:06:04
I'd love to see Matteo, Tzigone, Danilo Thann, and Arilyn Moonblade all together. Danilo and Tzigone already drive their partners crazy; putting them together and watching the fun would be incredible.
Thauranil Posted - 03 Feb 2015 : 12:59:51
I think Elmininster and Gandalf would get along well ,over a nice pipe of Longbottom leaf.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000