Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 jack sparrow and jarlaxle? strikingly similar?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Berkthgar
Learned Scribe

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2015 :  05:15:55  Show Profile Send Berkthgar a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I find these two could make a great duo!
Legolas and drizzt would be in harmony
And bruenor and gimli would drink all the mead in the land.

What duos stand out to you in the vast fantasy worlds, compared to the forgotten realms?

“Change is not always growth, but growth is often rooted in change.
Drizzt Do'Urden”

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2015 :  12:59:51  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Elmininster and Gandalf would get along well ,over a nice pipe of Longbottom leaf.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2015 :  17:06:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd love to see Matteo, Tzigone, Danilo Thann, and Arilyn Moonblade all together. Danilo and Tzigone already drive their partners crazy; putting them together and watching the fun would be incredible.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Entromancer
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2015 :  00:06:53  Show Profile Send Entromancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Silchas Ruin and Drizzt would be...interesting.

"...the will is everything. The will to act."--Ra's Al Ghul

"Suffering builds character."--Talia Al Ghul
Go to Top of Page

Giant Snake
Acolyte

48 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2015 :  09:49:15  Show Profile Send Giant Snake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wulfgar and Eomer (and Turin from the recently published work may apply). Both more clever than first appearances allow and definitely moreso than what outsiders would think. Most Tolkien analogies don't apply because the races and people are completely different, in my estimation, but this one holds up.

Zak Do'Urden and Hamlet. Maybe the closest thing to a man of conviction, but he is not the man of action. I guess Drizzt takes the role of Fortinbras - not that he is as silent and suddenly decisive, but relatively speaking he fits the role.
Go to Top of Page

Tybalt
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2015 :  20:26:12  Show Profile Send Tybalt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought about this when imagining what a Drizzt movie would be like, everyone would probably think he was a rip off of jack sparrow, even though he was written first!
Go to Top of Page

Entromancer
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2015 :  15:43:30  Show Profile Send Entromancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is Jack Sparrow still a thing? Jarlaxle strikes me as being more...on point than Jack. Like, Jack does his thing where he kinda reels around drunk while Jarlaxle's only really outlandish feature are his clothes.

"...the will is everything. The will to act."--Ra's Al Ghul

"Suffering builds character."--Talia Al Ghul
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2015 :  15:50:45  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jack Sparrow doesn't have the intelligence of Jarlaxle.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2015 :  16:52:04  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jarlaxle is more James Bond, dressed in a pimp's clothes.

"I prefer my twelve-sided die shaken--not stirred." *tips the brim of his hat and winks the eye not hiding behind a patch*

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Arcanus
Senior Scribe

485 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2015 :  17:29:32  Show Profile  Visit Arcanus's Homepage Send Arcanus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Realms luv :-D
Go to Top of Page

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2015 :  05:09:12  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If they were to make a movie with Drizzt in it people would flip out that black skinned elves are evil counterparts to good fair skinned elves.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2015 :  13:29:12  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrHedgehog

If they were to make a movie with Drizzt in it people would flip out that black skinned elves are evil counterparts to good fair skinned elves.

I'd have to agree. People today enjoy jumping on anything to put their own disillusioned twist on it.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2015 :  23:11:45  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But then the hero of the whole thing would also be a black skinned elf, too. So what would they have to say about that?

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2015 :  23:20:41  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Probably the fact that -in the movie, that is- he would be the one, single, super-special exception and paragon of goodness, with his whole race of dark skinned elves being utterly ''ebil'' and sadistic (except him and only him), would make things even weirder. Not to mention that there are other things that some people would jump at, like the fact that the only matriarchy portrayed in the movie would give that cliché evil/pesudo-dominatrix feel.

But then, perhaps people would just enjoy the movie, you never know...

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 27 Mar 2015 23:28:34
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000