Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Rise of the King sample chapter is out..

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rapunzel77 Posted - 05 Aug 2014 : 20:24:21
Hello, I found out that a sample chapter from Rise of the King is out on Wizards.com: http://dnd.wizards.com/products/fiction/novels/rise-king. What do you think? I'm curious about how Drizzt is going to reconcile his principles with the new reality around him. Hopefully he will be relieved that he doesn't have to start a war.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
MonsterEnvy Posted - 10 Aug 2014 : 08:28:06
Well the Orc's mostly innocent in this and would not have started this had the Drow not been assholes determined to start something.
Seravin Posted - 06 Aug 2014 : 15:29:59
I guess I like orcs and drow working together with dragons and giants and a war BUT...I really disliked the Thousand Orcs series, I found it the most stale of Bob's entire line of Drizzt books and the premise of large orc fodder armies versus Mithral Hall is so tired to me now.
Sigh.
Let's hope adding Drow politics to the mix makes it interesting. And I hope that Jarlaxle and Artemis and Kimmuriel all make prominent additions to the novel.
rapunzel77 Posted - 05 Aug 2014 : 20:42:24
Thank you for the correction Kentinal. I thought I put the right address in. That said, what do you think of the chapter? A lot of pieces are being set up.
Kentinal Posted - 05 Aug 2014 : 20:28:51
This url: http://media.wizards.com/downloads/dnd/RiseKing_Ch1.pdf might be faster.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000