Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Rise of the King sample chapter is out..
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rapunzel77
Acolyte

29 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2014 :  20:24:21  Show Profile Send rapunzel77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello, I found out that a sample chapter from Rise of the King is out on Wizards.com: http://dnd.wizards.com/products/fiction/novels/rise-king. What do you think? I'm curious about how Drizzt is going to reconcile his principles with the new reality around him. Hopefully he will be relieved that he doesn't have to start a war.

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2014 :  20:28:51  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This url: http://media.wizards.com/downloads/dnd/RiseKing_Ch1.pdf might be faster.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

rapunzel77
Acolyte

29 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2014 :  20:42:24  Show Profile Send rapunzel77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the correction Kentinal. I thought I put the right address in. That said, what do you think of the chapter? A lot of pieces are being set up.
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2014 :  15:29:59  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess I like orcs and drow working together with dragons and giants and a war BUT...I really disliked the Thousand Orcs series, I found it the most stale of Bob's entire line of Drizzt books and the premise of large orc fodder armies versus Mithral Hall is so tired to me now.
Sigh.
Let's hope adding Drow politics to the mix makes it interesting. And I hope that Jarlaxle and Artemis and Kimmuriel all make prominent additions to the novel.
Go to Top of Page

MonsterEnvy
Acolyte

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2014 :  08:28:06  Show Profile Send MonsterEnvy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well the Orc's mostly innocent in this and would not have started this had the Drow not been assholes determined to start something.

Just a D&D fan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000