Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 A decade.... wow, I feel old now.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kuje Posted - 01 Apr 2014 : 06:29:32
So, I just realized that I've been here for ten years. Gah. February was when I signed up and that took place back in 2004...
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alruane Posted - 09 Jul 2016 : 02:37:21
quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

quote:
Originally posted by Bragi

It has been quite the journey.

You forgot to cast resurrect scroll ...

Speaking of Resurrection. :P
Artemas Entreri Posted - 25 Jun 2016 : 02:58:21
quote:
Originally posted by Bragi

You forgot to cast resurrect scroll ...
Bragi Posted - 24 Jun 2016 : 17:36:44
The Sage Posted - 09 Apr 2014 : 03:24:05
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Ssshhh, don‘t tell Dargoth that the Candlekeep scribe named after him in my game was, uh, rather horribly slain by Forces Of Evil during an expedition to the Moonsea near Phlan.

These things happen, y‘know. And to be fair, he did put up something of a good fight. Too bad my PCs only remembered him as “that guy who died“ while they revel in the memories of other Candlekeep scribes who (by virtue of not being killed so quickly) managed to become interesting, entertaining NPCs.

I've never actually tried this. I've been tempted, sure, but never quite got around to making NPCs of my friendly Candlekeep scribes colleagues.
The Sage Posted - 09 Apr 2014 : 03:22:01
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

I remember that, but I also remember how Dargoth reacted in discussions about the Wand of Orcus and all that.

Hmmm. I guess I had forgotten about those. Although, now that you mention it... I think Dargoth was the one that also argued about Orcus in Planescape, etc.

Regardless, he is missed.

We really need to get the "band back together," so to speak. All the old-time scribes of Candlekeep that we had such good times with.

Indeed! Which reminds me, I'm still disappointed that the Lady K missed her regular August visit, last year...

I have reminded her, many times. She promises to pay more attention to Candlekeep eventually. But I think the Lady K has spent far too much time with me... because SageTime is slowly catching up on her activities as well.
Ayrik Posted - 09 Apr 2014 : 00:51:39
Ssshhh, don‘t tell Dargoth that the Candlekeep scribe named after him in my game was, uh, rather horribly slain by Forces Of Evil during an expedition to the Moonsea near Phlan.

These things happen, y‘know. And to be fair, he did put up something of a good fight. Too bad my PCs only remembered him as “that guy who died“ while they revel in the memories of other Candlekeep scribes who (by virtue of not being killed so quickly) managed to become interesting, entertaining NPCs.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 08 Apr 2014 : 05:46:20
quote:

quote:

quote:

I remember that, but I also remember how Dargoth reacted in discussions about the Wand of Orcus and all that.

Hmmm. I guess I had forgotten about those. Although, now that you mention it... I think Dargoth was the one that also argued about Orcus in Planescape, etc.

We really need to get the "band back together," so to speak. All the old-time scribes of Candlekeep that we had such good times with.

Indeed! Which reminds me, I'm still disappointed that the Lady K missed her regular August visit, last year...
The Sage Posted - 08 Apr 2014 : 03:39:00
quote:

quote:

Kuje Posted - 05 Apr 2014 : 21:11:04
quote:

Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Apr 2014 : 18:43:46
quote:

quote:

Dargoth? Wasn't he that guy that liked talking about Orcus?

Nightfall, who I still talk to over on IM's, tended to have a lot of discussions about Orcus. :)

Kuje Posted - 05 Apr 2014 : 16:31:12
quote:

I'd have a special treat for you, Kuje, to celebrate your ten years.

A cake full of bhaalspawn-related queries, courtesy of exchanges between yourself and long-lost scribe, Dargoth, and written in frosting on top.

Enjoy!

Mean, so very mean! Laughs though, those discussions... oh good gods, did they get very heated. Haha.

@Fall3ndo11. Thanks! :)
Kuje Posted - 05 Apr 2014 : 16:29:39
quote:

Nightfall, who I still talk to over on IM's, tended to have a lot of discussions about Orcus. :)
Fall3nD011 Posted - 05 Apr 2014 : 05:43:24
Oh wow happy belated birthday! :)
The Sage Posted - 05 Apr 2014 : 05:09:42
I was leaving that as the surprise innards of the cake... so Kuje could have a little laugh about all the times he and Dargoth came into debate about Orcus.

Truly, the times of both scribes at Candlekeep have been entertaining for us all.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Apr 2014 : 03:22:19
quote:

A cake full of bhaalspawn-related queries, courtesy of exchanges between yourself and long-lost scribe, Dargoth, and written in frosting on top.

Enjoy!

The Sage Posted - 05 Apr 2014 : 03:07:55

Enjoy!
sleyvas Posted - 05 Apr 2014 : 03:06:21
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Lol, and here I am thinking back to remembering D&D on AOL and the realms-L list. I must admit though, I love Candlekeep way more. Its got a much better group of peeps and I love the active topics button.

Don't feel too bad. I said something to my friend the other day about Prodigy, the online service, and she thought I was talking about the band by the same name. Youngin's don't know what they missed out during the 80's and 90's. :)

Oh, wow, I forgot about Prodigy. Yeah, I was over there talking D&D too.
Kuje Posted - 05 Apr 2014 : 02:35:37
quote:
Originally posted by Drustan Dwnhaedan

Happy 10th birthday, Kuje, and here's to hoping you enjoy another ten years at Candlekeep! (I tried baking a cake to celebrate this event, but, as with most of my attempts at cooking, it exploded.)

Well, an exploding cake would go perfect with Sage's gremlins. :) But thanks for trying. LOL.
Drustan Dwnhaedan Posted - 04 Apr 2014 : 23:11:09
Happy 10th birthday, Kuje, and here's to hoping you enjoy another ten years at Candlekeep! (I tried baking a cake to celebrate this event, but, as with most of my attempts at cooking, it exploded.)
Ayrik Posted - 04 Apr 2014 : 22:54:56
SageOS, eh?

I‘m afraid you‘ll not find many analog computers to run it on these days, my friend. Perhaps you‘ll develop SageUSB sometime in the next decade?
Kuje Posted - 04 Apr 2014 : 17:46:57
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

My word, has it really been that long, my dear Kuje. Aye, I cast my mind back many years, and those earlier members to the forum. A good few are still around, and we have certainly had many varied dicussions along the way. Here's to many, many more years!

Indeed. Thanks goes to you as well for creating this site and this place. So, good times indeed, Alaundo.
Alaundo Posted - 04 Apr 2014 : 15:51:40
Well met

My word, has it really been that long, my dear Kuje. Aye, I cast my mind back many years, and those earlier members to the forum. A good few are still around, and we have certainly had many varied dicussions along the way. Here's to many, many more years!
The Sage Posted - 04 Apr 2014 : 15:43:58
I still have dial-up for one of my older machines, running a very early version of SageOS. It's sometimes a unit I use to travel these halls, which is also why I believe that I may actually be responsible for some of the gremlins plaguing operations at Candlekeep. That version of SageOS has a LOT of bugs.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Apr 2014 : 04:49:53
There is an app for Android devices that does nothing but play the audio sequence of a dial-up modem doing its thing.

I had dial-up when I first ventured into these halls... I recall, in particular, how much of a pain it was getting thru all the active threads after the hurricanes of 2004 -- my connection was even slower than normal, and dropped so many times it wasn't funny. I got DSL shortly after that, and that was such a huge improvement...

My first computer came with a year's free AOL. I knew just enough about computers to know AOL wasn't all that, but hey, it was free for a year, so why not, right?

...Three weeks later I got a different ISP. Even for free, AOL wasn't worth the hassle.
Kuje Posted - 04 Apr 2014 : 01:22:38
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Well, I certainly don‘t miss AOL, WorldLink, Prodigy, and 56K modems, lol.

56k... lucky. I originally had to use a 12k. :)
Ayrik Posted - 03 Apr 2014 : 23:02:24
Well, I certainly don‘t miss AOL, WorldLink, Prodigy, and 56K modems, lol.
Kuje Posted - 02 Apr 2014 : 23:44:45
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Lol, and here I am thinking back to remembering D&D on AOL and the realms-L list. I must admit though, I love Candlekeep way more. Its got a much better group of peeps and I love the active topics button.

Don't feel too bad. I said something to my friend the other day about Prodigy, the online service, and she thought I was talking about the band by the same name. Youngin's don't know what they missed out during the 80's and 90's. :)
Kuje Posted - 02 Apr 2014 : 23:43:35
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I joined on the exact same date as Kuje too. Ten years. Wow.

-- George Krashos

Gratz to you as well then, George. :)
sleyvas Posted - 02 Apr 2014 : 23:15:38
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Apr 2014 : 15:29:26
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-She's doing good. She doesn't lurk here anymore- I've tried nudging her to just "hang out post" even if she doesn't really care about the 4e Forgotten Realms a few times in the past before I checked out for a while myself, but she wasn't really interested. A "it'll remind me of the good times that are gone and make me sad" kind of thing. But, since she doesn't, I feel a little more comfortable saying I'm planning on asking the question this summer. With my luck, she'll decide to randomly visit tomorrow and my gig will be up.

The Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000