Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Music and Musical Instruments of the Realms

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sachiel Posted - 19 May 2004 : 03:49:12
I'm looking for a listing of the various musical forms and musical instruments that have been presented in most of the Realms material (regardless of the edition). Can anyone help me?

I have a few examples of my own to start with, but my list is at home. So does anyone else wish to start off?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cpthero2 Posted - 30 Sep 2018 : 16:05:47
Seeker Sachiel,

Here is a compiled list of musical instruments for the Realms!

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Instruments

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Sachiel

I'm looking for a listing of the various musical forms and musical instruments that have been presented in most of the Realms material (regardless of the edition). Can anyone help me?

I have a few examples of my own to start with, but my list is at home. So does anyone else wish to start off?

Arivia Posted - 19 May 2004 : 14:32:38
I'd suggest paying attention to the instruments of Focluchan's(I probably got that wrong, no way to check right now) college-and George(Krashos')'s article on plays and songs of the Realms on this site may be some help with the list of musical forms.
Faraer Posted - 19 May 2004 : 14:21:30
"Music of the Forgotten Realms" (Dragon #123*) is the main source.

My list has
bandore, birdpipe, cittern, drum, dulcimer, fourpipes, glaur, hand-drum, handharp, harp, horn, longhorn, lute, lyre, mandolin, organ, pipe, psaltery, rebec, shawm, songhorn, tantan, thelarr, tocken, trumpet, wargong, yarting, zulkoon
?: baliset, crumhorn, duskhorn, reed-flute

* You won't regret getting #124, which has "Sailors on the Sea of Air" and "The Ecology of the Gelatinous Cube". It's the Dragon Magazine Archive CD-ROMs you want, though.
Lady Kazandra Posted - 19 May 2004 : 14:20:47
That's a good catch Rad, I'd forgotten about that one. Although I think that material was taken from the Grand Tour tome that I mentioned earlier. Much of that information was actually.
Lord Rad Posted - 19 May 2004 : 10:36:53
I believe the Players Guide to the Forgotten Realms (not to be confused with the Players Guide to Faerun) has a panel featuring instruments too.
Sarta Posted - 19 May 2004 : 06:56:25
Aurora's Whole Realms Catalog had a very nice list of instruments as well. Many were generic, but several that have been mentioned above were also included.

Sarta
Lady Kazandra Posted - 19 May 2004 : 06:32:54
quote:
Originally posted by Sachiel

The ol' greybox had some Realmsian musical instruments detailed as well. Although, I'm not sure whether that material was also included in the Dragon article George was talking about. The 2eGrand Tour of the Realms also reprinted some of that older musical instrument information.
Kuje Posted - 19 May 2004 : 06:19:42
Page 22 of the FRCS...... :)
Sachiel Posted - 19 May 2004 : 06:07:20
Thankyou George Krashos, I'll have to try and track that particular issue of Dragon down.

Does anyone know of any other old sources like the one George Krashos just mentioned?
George Krashos Posted - 19 May 2004 : 04:58:28
Dragon #124 had an article by Ed on unique musical instruments of the Realms. They were:

glaur
hand-drum
thelarr
tocken
wargong
zulkoon

-- George Krashos

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000