Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 time & places

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mikie Posted - 06 Nov 2013 : 17:16:11
Does anyone know when the module: Pool of Radiance-Attack on Myth Drannor takes place? (Year) Also, where can I find surrounding towns/ villages? Module doesn't detail any. Any & all info would be great. Thanks all!
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kentinal Posted - 07 Nov 2013 : 15:26:57
It was an interesting adventure trying to track down the dates, with the side of me missing the "- Attack on Myth Drannor" part of title.

I discovered that the "Pool of Radiance" canonically occurred 1340 DR, despite the intro wrote by Jell Grubb. Unless Year of the Worm got redated. *shrugs*
SirUrza Posted - 07 Nov 2013 : 15:15:41
Sounds like my memory wasn't so fuzzy after all, glad I could help. :)
Werthead Posted - 07 Nov 2013 : 14:16:09
That seems reasonable. The novel says it's 1369 and it cannot take place any later than 1372 because Iyachtu is described as being a still-extant deity. There isn't too much change in Myth Drannor/Cormanthor's circumstances before that for quite some time, so you can place the module any time in that period you want.
Dennis Posted - 07 Nov 2013 : 13:43:55

That is correct. I have the said novel by Carrie Bebris. It says on page 55: "The Year of the Gauntlet. 1369."
Kentinal Posted - 07 Nov 2013 : 03:59:33
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_novels_in_chronological_order

Lists it as 1369 DR. *shrugs*
Kentinal Posted - 07 Nov 2013 : 03:38:41
quote:
Originally posted by Thieran

quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

Hmm looking at source book for the game, 1023 is last listed date, the history goes on to say The last 300 years was a fall of Phlan.

Oh there is this "2 years ago, in the Year of the Worm." The flight of Dragons.

So it appears to make the computer game start 1358 DR. Most could complete that game in less then a year.

I guess you are confusing "Pool of Radiance" and "Pool of Radiance - Attack on Myth Drannor".

Yup, it rather appears to be Fall 1366DR
Thieran Posted - 06 Nov 2013 : 23:34:05
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

Hmm looking at source book for the game, 1023 is last listed date, the history goes on to say The last 300 years was a fall of Phlan.

So it appears to make the computer game start 1358 DR. Most could complete that game in less then a year.

I guess you are confusing "Pool of Radiance" and "Pool of Radiance - Attack on Myth Drannor".
Kentinal Posted - 06 Nov 2013 : 21:27:27

mikie Posted - 06 Nov 2013 : 20:19:21
Those are the only cities I looked at too. Looks like I'll have to make up a village around the area. Thanks for your reply.
quote:
Originally posted by Werthead

Before Midwinter, 1372 DR; Iyachtu Xvim is still listed in the book as an active deity. Other than that, no date is given.

As for nearest towns and villages, there isn't much short of Mistledale(Ashabenford), Hillsfar and Shadowdale itself. During the period its in ruins, the entire area surrounding Myth Drannor is an effective no-go area, so there simply aren't any intact surrounding towns and villages. Plenty of ruined ones, though.

mikie Posted - 06 Nov 2013 : 20:16:21
Thanks! It helped. Now I can look up events that happened around that time.
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

I seem to remember that it was set a few years after 1372 FR but then Spellplague came along and atleast in my mind put that into question. I know that's not a lot of help, heck I could be completely wrong, it's been a long time since I look at either of those adventures.

Werthead Posted - 06 Nov 2013 : 19:11:52
Before Midwinter, 1372 DR; Iyachtu Xvim is still listed in the book as an active deity. Other than that, no date is given.

As for nearest towns and villages, there isn't much short of Mistledale(Ashabenford), Hillsfar and Shadowdale itself. During the period its in ruins, the entire area surrounding Myth Drannor is an effective no-go area, so there simply aren't any intact surrounding towns and villages. Plenty of ruined ones, though.
SirUrza Posted - 06 Nov 2013 : 17:43:39
I seem to remember that it was set a few years after 1372 FR but then Spellplague came along and atleast in my mind put that into question. I know that's not a lot of help, heck I could be completely wrong, it's been a long time since I look at either of those adventures.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000