Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Prophet of the Dead - The Blurb

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dennis Posted - 28 Nov 2012 : 03:24:53

The blurb in Amazon.

This novel is one of the many I'm looking forward to next year, and its release date is less than 2 months away. I was expecting the blurb would reveal something, no matter how little. Yet that one in Amazon is too generic you can easily replace Richard's name with RAS and the BotG with the CotH.

Are we going to see a better blurb in December or January? Or better yet, an excerpt?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 30 Nov 2012 : 14:54:14
Dennis, even though I was suddenly telling a two-book story instead of a three-book one, I still had to turn in a novel of the length specified in the contract. That's just the way the game is played. I was able to do this by streamlining certain aspects of the plot. I think the results are pretty decent, and I hope readers won't feel I'm giving cursory treatment to things that should be handled at greater length.

Tanthalas, I do plan to continue BotG. I've discussed this with my editor, and he says he wants to do it, too. Of course, for everyone involved with the line, much depends on how well the Sundering products do. If they're a huge success, WotC is likely to conclude that there's a market for quite a bit of Forgotten Realms product per year. If the Sundering enjoys a more modest level of success, then WotC is likely to think that the market for FR product isn't strong enough to support very many novels per year, which may have unfortunate implications for a number of us writers looking to continue a particular series.
Tanthalas Posted - 30 Nov 2012 : 11:37:34
I think RLB has intentions of making more BotG novels (I hope).
Dennis Posted - 30 Nov 2012 : 06:46:40

Ghostbusters? Hmm. An unfortunate coincidence... I once heard my little sister tell my cousin, "Seriously, Kuya, Ghostbusters? Ewww."

On topic: I kinda hoped that PotD would be slightly longer than TMW as it is the last adventure of TBotG (with no assurance of a continuation). But 352 pages? That's the usual length of nearly all FR novels...
Simon Phoenix Posted - 30 Nov 2012 : 04:55:15
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

Actually, I was referencing a line from Ghostbusters.

Tell him about the Twinkie.
The Sage Posted - 30 Nov 2012 : 02:56:17
quote:

Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

Points for the Ghostbusters reference, Richard. Good stuff!

[And I'm looking forward to your new novel as well.]
Kentinal Posted - 30 Nov 2012 : 02:49:45
quote:

Some only know that as a video game *Wink* and few might even know the game.
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 30 Nov 2012 : 02:41:57
Dennis Posted - 29 Nov 2012 : 21:43:52

Dogs and cats living together? Are we talking about Prophet of the Dead here, or Cats & Dogs: The Return of Kitty Galore?
Thauranil Posted - 29 Nov 2012 : 17:09:19
Thanks. That's a much better blurb.
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 28 Nov 2012 : 18:07:32
I bet that was written before I turned in the novel, and by someone who for some reason wasn't privy to the outline.

Anyway, if you read The Masked Witches, you know the basics. Rashemen! Undead durthans, Nars, and what have you rising under the leadership of a sinister force from Elsewhere to conquer the realm and turn it into a land of horrors! Our heroes separated and in dire peril! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!
Thauranil Posted - 28 Nov 2012 : 06:38:47
Hope so. That one line blurb was pretty disappointing. Looking forward to the book though.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000