Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Snow Elves

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aryalómë Posted - 06 Sep 2012 : 04:30:18
How could we fit a race of Snow Elves into Faerun? There has been hinted lore that some type of Snow Elves (I'm hoping against hope that they aren't the same Snow Elves from Dragon #155)live in the High Ice and the far north in a Dragon magazine.

What kind of society would they live in? Would they live in cities? How reclusive would they be? Are they handy with magic?

These Snow Elves are a very interesting. I'd really like to implement them into the Realms.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Markustay Posted - 08 Nov 2012 : 16:32:36
quote:
Originally posted by Razz

I read on Cegilune, where does it mention anything about her and Bane?
If anything, Bane may have gotten some of his power from her.

Or rather, knowledge of how to obtain godhood (Knowledge is power).

We know Myrkul got his start in the east (he was a prince of Murghôm), and Bhaal's most powerful temple was the Fortress of the Old Man - Sentinelspire - also in the Taan. There is a theory that Bane was a half-orc, so it would make sense if he was created (procreated?) at some point when the Orcish Pantheon first arrived on Toril, during the Orcgate wars and also in that same general vicinity. In other words, Bane himself may have been Gruumsh's version of Iyachtu Xvim (making Gruumsh Xvim's grandpa). Bane may have even been some sort of attempt by Gruumsh to create Greater manifestations (mortal avatars) of his own, in order to confront the Mulan pantheon using similar tactics.

Now you add this to the fact that Gruumsh 'may' be Fey (if he is indeed Corellon's brother), and that the Fey were highly active in the east, it kinda all fits together.

LOL... Bane a closet half-elf.

Anyhow, that cycles us back to the Fey, and Cegilune, so there could be some sort of primordial connection there (through Gruumsh and Cegilune, who may be related).
Chosen of Asmodeus Posted - 08 Nov 2012 : 12:03:22
quote:

Gruumsh should be the most powerful deity in the Realms

I am perfectly ok with this.
sleyvas Posted - 08 Nov 2012 : 04:12:43
quote:

No, Mellifleur got his power from Bane (and other deities from other crystal spheres). Wasn't I talking about that in another thread though?
Razz Posted - 07 Nov 2012 : 23:12:06
Markustay Posted - 07 Nov 2012 : 22:22:36
Yup.

Feywild and even the Shadowfel = awesome. They are improvements of multiple older concepts.

Those are excellent examples of really good 4e material that deserve to be part of the D&D/FR IP. If anything, the concept of adventuring "just across the veil" (in other dimensions) should be continued and built upon - it is the perfect foundation for D&D itself. That way, EVERY world becomes a D&D setting.
Razz Posted - 07 Nov 2012 : 22:18:20
Never did care for Talos being Gruumsh. That makes no sense at all to me. Just because they have an eyepatch that doesn't mean there's a connection. Gruumsh should be the most powerful deity in the Realms if he has access to that many portfolios and from two of the most numerous races in the Realms.
sleyvas Posted - 07 Nov 2012 : 19:00:56
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:
Originally posted by Quale

In one adventure I played years ago there were snow elven ruins. In short Auril was the most powerful deity during Toril's last ice age (around -38 000 DR). There was a rebellion against her led by the snow elf god from Dragon 236 (or 251?) and Hleid (uldra from Frostburn).

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

(in fact, I wrote a HB piece saying her name was originally Aurilana, sister of Titania). We never did know the QoA&D real name.

Hmmm, looking at Dragon #376, it lists an Archfey named Aurilandur the Frost Sprite Queen. The author was Brian R. James. Makes me question again, where is the Queen of Air and Darkness and Auril linked? I'm trying to read through the article that I literally just found right now to see if it shows something.

In this article http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/dragon/367/367_realmslore.pdf

Cegilune I don't think she was ever in any FR book. She warred against that lich god, there could be a link with Velsharoon.

Ah, thank you. That clears that up then. So officially its Auril and not Shar.

I have to say, reading that article did re-affirm something that I actually do like from 4th edition. In general, I do like what they did with the feywild concept and fleshing it out. I probably would like what they did with the shadowfell if I read more of it. I do like that other planes are finite in size. I do like the idea of the elemental chaos. I don't like that the abyss is in the elemental chaos though, but it is something I could live with. So, from a planar perspective, I think for the most part I like the 4e realms (not that things can't always be improved upon).

I also have to say that the article revealed something to me that I hadn't noticed (or maybe had noticed and forgot). Talos was Gruumsh... uncovered in some "stormstar requiem"... and now Auril has taken his storm portfolios. I would have preferred a more simple explanation.... that maybe Talos was killed, maybe even by an opportunistic Auril during the "raid on Arvandor". That's the part of 4E I didn't like was the whole "and this god was really X and noone knew". Well, that and what happened to Thay/Mulhorand/Unther/Chessenta/Halruaa/Nimbral/Lantan, etc...
Markustay Posted - 07 Nov 2012 : 17:47:16
You could always say Cegilune is Shar (for your own campaigns), but I prefer Cegilune as a separate entity as well.

I was reading that article (again) that Quale linked, and it shoe-horns perfectly with some of my own ideas about the connections between the Fey and Elves (Eladrin).

My own theory was that ALL the Creator races were immortal before the Godwar, during which 'death' was born. Once the concept of death was created, all beings born of less then deity status became mortal. Ergo, when the fey fled Abeir-Toril for the Feywild they were all immortal, but their children - the Elves/Eladrin - were mortal. Because of the quirks with time in the Feywild, a planer Eladrin/Elf could still live for thousands of years, but would eventually die. Ones born on the Prime Material would perish much sooner. One can assume that the Eladrin bloodlines have a stronger connection to their fey heritage, and this is why they live longer then the common elves (perhaps they are older, more directly related bloodlines).

This means True Fey (the LeShay) are no longer born - every time one of them dies it is considered a tragedy by the people. This is why you will never see the very evil fey and the 'goodly' fey directly fight each other - even when they hate each other they won't kill each other. And by 'Fey' I mean the Creator race, not 'fey', as in all those Sylvan races that fall under that umbrella term. Thats why I prefer to use 'Shee'(Sidhe, Sith) for them, to avoid that confusion. The LeShay just happen to be the best known archfey (and ALL true Fey should be archfey by now).

So Eladrin are/were the direct descendents of the fey that were born in the Feywild, and the Elves are the children that are/were born in the Prime Material. This ties into the fey 'dwindling' - with each generation removed from the original they are 'lessened'. This is similar to how vampiric bloodlines work - the closer you are related to the original, the stronger you are. This also helps me explain some of the elven hubris; although a good deal of it is a feeling of superiority, there is a real need to keep bloodlines pure, and not be 'diluted' by humans or even lesser elven bloodlines. Age is a very important thing in Elven society - it garners much respect and even awe. Families that are shorter-lived would not gain the same level of respect as those who live 1000+ years.
sleyvas Posted - 07 Nov 2012 : 16:55:54
quote:

In one adventure I played years ago there were snow elven ruins. In short Auril was the most powerful deity during Toril's last ice age (around -38 000 DR). There was a rebellion against her led by the snow elf god from Dragon 236 (or 251?) and Hleid (uldra from Frostburn).

quote:

quote:

(in fact, I wrote a HB piece saying her name was originally Aurilana, sister of Titania). We never did know the QoA&D real name.

Hmmm, looking at Dragon #376, it lists an Archfey named Aurilandur the Frost Sprite Queen. The author was Brian R. James. Makes me question again, where is the Queen of Air and Darkness and Auril linked? I'm trying to read through the article that I literally just found right now to see if it shows something.

Cegilune I don't think she was ever in any FR book. She warred against that lich god, there could be a link with Velsharoon.

Ah, thank you. That clears that up then. So officially its Auril and not Shar.
Quale Posted - 06 Nov 2012 : 20:47:33

quote:

quote:

Razz Posted - 05 Nov 2012 : 17:46:09
I'll have to wait to get home to debate a little about the inconsistency of eladrin lore, but I do need to ask if any Realms product has officially mentioned Cegilune having any presence in the Realms? Or do pious hags have another being they revere/fear?
sleyvas Posted - 05 Nov 2012 : 16:03:10
quote:

Chosen of Asmodeus Posted - 05 Nov 2012 : 07:28:59
quote:
Originally posted by combatmedic

quote:

However, you can still achieve balance without artificially nerfing a stat, or using level adjustment. If you want to loose the CON negative, just dump the 1st level Feat. you have to give up something, but it doesn't have to be other stat points.

I never bothered with negatives myself - I had my own system.

Yes, assuming that one is using 3E.
How does all this work in 4E?

I know D&D and AD&D well.

In 4e, races don't take negatives. Every race gets +2 to two different stats- the Player's Handbook 3, and subsequent sources, have implemented that all races have one fixed bonus stat and then a choice between two others. For instance, half-orcs have a fixed +2 to dex and the choice between a +2 to str or con.

The exception is humans, who only get +2 to one stat, but they can choose any stat to take the bonus in.
sleyvas Posted - 05 Nov 2012 : 05:55:26
quote:

In 4e she's called Tiandra (Manual of the Planes)

ah, answer solved.
sleyvas Posted - 05 Nov 2012 : 05:54:14
quote:

Titania was either renamed (for whatever obscure, designer-driven reason), or there is someone new taking her place within the Fey pantheon. Its 4e lore - I don't recall the name*, and can't seem to find it.

I did find that some folk seem to think Cegilune - the Hag Queen - is Titania's sister. That means either Titania has two sisters, or Cegilune is another (post-black diamond?) name for Auril/tQoA&D. Thta means that if cegilune is another name for the QoA&D, that name is probably the one after her corruption, and it lends some credence to Auril - the pre-black diamond name - being only known on Toril (so then we DO have snow elves LOL).

There is another 'Faery Queen' from Dragon #155 called Rhiannon, but one can assume there are probably dozens, if not hundreds, of 'lesser queens' throughout the multiverse. Titania just happen to be the one that ascended to godhood (who I peg as Danu's daughter - a primordial goddess who sacrificed herself to create Faerie within the Feywild for her people... buts thats homebrew).

However, doesn't this (that Auril = QoA&D) mean that any sort of 'cold fey', including snow elves, should be... ummmm... less then 'nice'?

*I think I found it - I believe it is Morwel. I thought it also began with a 'T', but I guess I was mistaken. I have no idea what Morwel's relationship to Titania is, if any. Some of the 4e Eladrin/Fey lore isn't half bad - I will have to take a closer look at it.

EDIT: Reading her specific entry (which I linked above), after diverting from the Eladrin entry, it seems to disagree with my assumptions - Morwel isn't fey (and neither are Eladrin... now I'm REALLY confused). Perhaps I was right after all - there is yet another with the title 'Queen of the fey' in 4e (which, as I have said, I thought began with a 'T').

EDIT2: The wiki still lists Titania as the Faerie Queen (of Seelie Fey) in 4e, which is either wrong, was changed, or I am mis-remembering something. However, as always, the Wiki is biased and the info incomplete/inaccurate.

What you're reading fits. Morwel is from 3e eladrin lore (when the eladrins were ultra-powerful fey beings like elves). Titania is specifically the Queen of the Seelie Court in the old second edition lore, so it still interests me whether they kept Titania as a separate entity if they combined Auril and the Queen of Air and Darkness. I do think combining Auril and the QueenoA&D is a better move than what I saw someone else quoting previously (that the QueenoA&D was actually Shar). Auril has always seemed more "fey" to me. What would scare me would be if they make Shar and Cegilune the same, because then Titania becomes Selune (the stories of Cegilune and Titania very much have in common the "polar opposites of light and darkness" that's common to Shar and Selune, even that Cegilune is an "evil lunar goddess").

Cegilune and the Queen of Air and Darkness are both hinted at as being sisters of Titania in the original Monster Mythology where they're introduced. The Queen of Air and Darkness heads up the Unseelie Court, whereas Cegilune is "an evil lunar goddess who is patron deity of the hags, annises, and similar fell folk of the world". The two goddesses are treated in that original source as 2 different entities, but even it hints that the two might be the same. I personally prefer the two being different and having Cegilune strictly for hags and other "witch-like" non-humanoids (i.e. I could see trolls, ogre, and giant sorceresses/warlocks/priestesses worshipping Cegilune). I can also see some Kiaransalee followers who don't turn to Lolth actually turning to Cegilune.

Markustay Posted - 05 Nov 2012 : 03:21:08
Yeah, thats it... thanks Quale. Should have known you'd know.

My memory isn't what it used to be, but I knew Morwel just didn't sound right.
Quale Posted - 04 Nov 2012 : 21:35:33
In 4e she's called Tiandra (Manual of the Planes)
Markustay Posted - 04 Nov 2012 : 18:16:34
Titania was either renamed (for whatever obscure, designer-driven reason), or there is someone new taking her place within the Fey pantheon. Its 4e lore - I don't recall the name*, and can't seem to find it.

I did find that some folk seem to think Cegilune - the Hag Queen - is Titania's sister. That means either Titania has two sisters, or Cegilune is another (post-black diamond?) name for Auril/tQoA&D. Thta means that if cegilune is another name for the QoA&D, that name is probably the one after her corruption, and it lends some credence to Auril - the pre-black diamond name - being only known on Toril (so then we DO have snow elves LOL).

There is another 'Faery Queen' from Dragon #155 called Rhiannon, but one can assume there are probably dozens, if not hundreds, of 'lesser queens' throughout the multiverse. Titania just happen to be the one that ascended to godhood (who I peg as Danu's daughter - a primordial goddess who sacrificed herself to create Faerie within the Feywild for her people... buts thats homebrew).

However, doesn't this (that Auril = QoA&D) mean that any sort of 'cold fey', including snow elves, should be... ummmm... less then 'nice'?

*I think I found it - I believe it is Morwel. I thought it also began with a 'T', but I guess I was mistaken. I have no idea what Morwel's relationship to Titania is, if any. Some of the 4e Eladrin/Fey lore isn't half bad - I will have to take a closer look at it.

EDIT: Reading her specific entry (which I linked above), after diverting from the Eladrin entry, it seems to disagree with my assumptions - Morwel isn't fey (and neither are Eladrin... now I'm REALLY confused). Perhaps I was right after all - there is yet another with the title 'Queen of the fey' in 4e (which, as I have said, I thought began with a 'T').

EDIT2: The wiki still lists Titania as the Faerie Queen (of Seelie Fey) in 4e, which is either wrong, was changed, or I am mis-remembering something. However, as always, the Wiki is biased and the info incomplete/inaccurate.

sleyvas Posted - 04 Nov 2012 : 11:01:14
quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

I used a group of "snow elves" in my side-campaign last winter. It was based on a far-northern island in a town with a castle made of crystaline ice. The elves were working for the castle's rightful owner, a philanthropic fellow who liked to give gifts to deserving folk each year. The elves and their employer had been overthrown and imprisoned by an evil ice-mage and his pet frost-linnorm. Yes, I really WAS running a campaign in Santa's workshop to save Christmas! (Okay, the Solstice Festival, but still...) The party defeated the wizard when the bard managed to charm the wyrm into treating them as friends, and it turned on its master and chomped him. Now they just have to figure out how to get the dragon out of Santa's throne room.... And close that darn portal to the para-elemental ice plane. AND remove the spell-trap on that door in the tower.... Yeah, that campaign got a little crazy! But then where else are you going to find a use for a quartet of ice golems, a gang of ice mephits, or an annis hag sorceress? At least we had fun with it! And the best part? The leader of the elves was named Jack. (Yes, it was Jack Frost. Sue me.)

(I never did find a way to insert Frosty, but I got Rudolph and the rest of the reindeer in!)

Frosty was a simulacrum of Jack's. You probably didn't notice him due to the illusion covering his form. But if you'd have used true seeing, you'd have seen the snowman underneath.

"Frosty the Simulacrum, was a jolly happy soul,
with a corncob pipe and a button nose and two eyes made out of coal"
sleyvas Posted - 04 Nov 2012 : 10:51:21
quote:

However, in retrospect, we now know that Auril is actually the Queen of Air and Darkness, and not necessarily an FR-specific deity.

Which means that the argument "there MUST be snow Elves" because of the Auril connection is rendered moot by new lore. While I am fascinated by the Auril/QoA&D thing (because I pegged the QoA&D as Lolth's mother), I am also disappointed by the loss of the snow elves in FR (not that we ever had them, or need even think that the connections aren't still there... it just means the proof has become a lot less substantial).

Sidebar here. I'm not up on the latest 4e lore. Where did we find that Auril is the Queen of Air and Darkness. I'd much prefer it be her, but I thought people were saying Shar was such personage. What product even brought all of this up? Did it even mention Titania and other faerie gods/goddesses?
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 04 Nov 2012 : 05:11:14
I used a group of "snow elves" in my side-campaign last winter. It was based on a far-northern island in a town with a castle made of crystaline ice. The elves were working for the castle's rightful owner, a philanthropic fellow who liked to give gifts to deserving folk each year. The elves and their employer had been overthrown and imprisoned by an evil ice-mage and his pet frost-linnorm. Yes, I really WAS running a campaign in Santa's workshop to save Christmas! (Okay, the Solstice Festival, but still...) The party defeated the wizard when the bard managed to charm the wyrm into treating them as friends, and it turned on its master and chomped him. Now they just have to figure out how to get the dragon out of Santa's throne room.... And close that darn portal to the para-elemental ice plane. AND remove the spell-trap on that door in the tower.... Yeah, that campaign got a little crazy! But then where else are you going to find a use for a quartet of ice golems, a gang of ice mephits, or an annis hag sorceress? At least we had fun with it! And the best part? The leader of the elves was named Jack. (Yes, it was Jack Frost. Sue me.)

(I never did find a way to insert Frosty, but I got Rudolph and the rest of the reindeer in!)
sfdragon Posted - 04 Nov 2012 : 04:22:04
that idea is stupid.
really really is.

if they wanted the players to be blaanced they should make all the classes have the same bab, the same hp,a nifty bag of tricks( ie spellcasting for casters, fighter styles for fighters etc.)

as it stood in 34, likely 2e as well any f1 was better and worst than the next f1.( even in 4e)

right snow elves.....
they're extinct....... "insert jab at elf hating scribes who hate elves here as tehy killed them"
Eldacar Posted - 04 Nov 2012 : 03:57:47
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Aryalómë

The Elves in Middle-earth Roleplaying had no CON problems at all, especially the Noldor, who had a large bonus to theirs.

I'm tired of this whole "balanced races" thing. Why must everything be "balanced"?? That's not how it works. A tiger cub could rip a puppy to shreds. No balancing there.

And if there was an RPG based on tiger cubs and puppies, with tiger cubs able to rip puppies to shreds, then everyone would play tiger cubs, and no one would play puppies. That's why the playable races are balanced: so that the human F1 is no better and no worse than an elf F1, who is no better and no worse than a dwarf F1, and so on.

I'd argue against the playable races all being balanced with each other, actually (at least in 3E), but I do agree that the idea is to let everybody be equal.
The Arcanamach Posted - 04 Nov 2012 : 00:33:09
Im glad this subject is back on target (more or less :P). I really like the idea of 'ice cities' in High Ice. They could stunningly beautiful and cater to the very elven love for such beauty.

I would go with the idea of a subset of elves leaving their homeland during the Crown Wars because they were disgusted by the infighting, death of their people, and destruction of nature wrought by said wars. They would have brought magic with them in preparation for climate they would face (perhaps they were led by a small cadre of High Mages).

Now, I really do not like the idea of new subraces. Never really have, but that's just me. But perhaps they used High Magic to alter themselves (just as the elves did to live under the seas) to make themselves more acclimated to the extreme climate. This could explain the range of skin tones from very pale (milky white?) to blue hues. I would favor white, silver, and platinum blonde hair colors with pale colored eyes. The High magic could give them less need for food and more tolerance to extreme cold (perhaps even immunity if you like).

Regarding population: Im thinking that there could be one central city capable of supporting all of them with High Magic having been used to create subterranean gardens and groves (they are elves after all ;). I mean what self-respecting elf abandons trees just because of a little exodus? You could have an entire mythal surrounding the city to make it habitable by other species. Elves are nothing if not persistent and highly adaptable (albeit through their connection to the Weave).

As always, the bottom line is your city and its inhabitants are whatever you want them to be.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 03 Nov 2012 : 23:06:05
It was a love token from her?
Markustay Posted - 03 Nov 2012 : 22:41:02
Yeah, I agree that the 'rule' is kinda pointless, and self-serving. The lore you want to be true should be the lore that is true (for you). Designers don't run my game table; never have, never will.

Canon only matters in regards to the novel setting, which none of us are running. I've really moved far away from the whole concept of canon, actually.

As for my argument about Auril - the Queen of Air and Darkness is a core deity, unlike Auril who was FR-specific. The argument could have been easily made that Auril's mention in the Snow Elves article is 'proof' that there must be FR snow elves, but if she is the QoA&D (which canon now dictates she is), then the proof has become less viable (then it was at the time it was written). In other words, it is now possible that she is also known as Auril on other worlds as well (in fact, I wrote a HB piece saying her name was originally Aurilana, sister of Titania). We never did know the QoA&D real name.

On the other hand, I also have come to the conclusion that the incident of Black Diamond (detailed in the QoA&D's write-up) actually occurred on Toril, in the distant (Creator) past, which brings us full-circle, and means that the snow elf article could still be taken at face value (since the QoA&D started out on Toril, she now becomes an FR deity that has 'gone core', much like Bane and the elemental lords). If she was FR before she was core (some 36K+ years ago), that still isn't proof that Auril is an FR-specific alias, but it does lend credence to the supposition.

As for the Black Diamond itself... well... that's sitting in the Crown of Horns. As to how Myrkul got his hands on it, thats a story for another day.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 03 Nov 2012 : 20:20:12
That seems to be the case, though I disagree with that assumption. Why should new lore trump ANYTHING? All that means is that the writer of the new lore either couldn't be bothered to do their homework, or was misinformed or did not have access to the older lore, so made a mistake when writing the new lore. Either way, the older lore is already established and should take precedent- perhaps with some kind of modifier to the new lore to make it fit. That seems more logical to me.
Razz Posted - 03 Nov 2012 : 19:55:20
I remember reading that about Auril. But I always thought she took on the aspect of Auril once the Faerie phased almost completely away from Toril in order to keep herself rooted there?

Also, how would that make the lore less substantial? When the article was written about Auril and the snow elf deity, it was written with the precedent that Auril was Auril and not the QoA&D.

I assume there's this unwritten rule now that newer FR lore completely trumps former FR lore, especially when contradictions arise?
Markustay Posted - 03 Nov 2012 : 19:38:52
However, in retrospect, we now know that Auril is actually the Queen of Air and Darkness, and not necessarily an FR-specific deity.

Which means that the argument "there MUST be snow Elves" because of the Auril connection is rendered moot by new lore. While I am fascinated by the Auril/QoA&D thing (because I pegged the QoA&D as Lolth's mother), I am also disappointed by the loss of the snow elves in FR (not that we ever had them, or need even think that the connections aren't still there... it just means the proof has become a lot less substantial).
Razz Posted - 03 Nov 2012 : 19:02:41
Strange, how did this become a topic on racial modifiers when it was supposed to continue on about Snow Elves?

Anyway, someone mentioned snow elf stats. Use the ones from "Frostburn", simple.

Next, I am aware that, OFFICIALLY, snow elves DO exist in the Realms thanks to a connection made between the snow elf deity, the goddess Auril, and other mentions of snow elves living in the High Ice or somewhere further mentioned in a Realms product or Dragon Magazine article?

Is all of this fact? If so, then it is true about Snow Elves officially being in Faerun and would want clarification, that's all.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000