Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Searching

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Portella Posted - 25 Jul 2012 : 19:09:10
Is there anyway of searching the scrolls and as what I have found instead if the parent scroll, it is not bad in small scrolls but the sages scrolls are usually 50-60+ pages ....

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Emma Drake Posted - 03 Jul 2013 : 17:46:42
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

But yeah, do the Google thing Sage recommended. I only started putting the site criteria into my searches about a year ago, and MAN, how did I ever live without that?

I just found out about it reading this scroll... No more trolling through 60 pages of a scroll to find the one mention of what I'm looking for... Glorious! Can't believe it didn't occur to me to do that!
The Sage Posted - 27 Jul 2012 : 08:38:19
quote:
Originally posted by Portella

Thank you all I will use google search, in regards to the site v 2 are you in need of volunteers to work in this? I am a software developer and I would not mind helping if required.

Alaundo's always keen on input from the scribes of Candlekeep, so if you've got any ideas and/or suggestions you'd like to put forth, simply contact him via his email, and he'll handle the rest.
Portella Posted - 27 Jul 2012 : 07:49:36
Thank you all I will use google search, in regards to the site v 2 are you in need of volunteers to work in this? I am a software developer and I would not mind helping if required.
BEAST Posted - 27 Jul 2012 : 05:38:08
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

In fact, I've recently been contacted by Harvard physicists... they want to declare my "To-Do" list as a possible candidate for their theories of intermediate stellar mass black holes.

Dark matter and stuff.

They're pretty sure it's real and exists. But it's anyone's guess as to when we'll actually see anything substantial come of it!
The Sage Posted - 27 Jul 2012 : 05:10:08
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

And if I recall has been in planing only three or more years.
Actually, I recall discussions about Candlekeep 2 dating back to at least early 2008.
quote:
I think that in part of the Sage's to do list *S* Though II clearly requires others as well to bring about.
I do believe those others are weary, and rightfully so, of being caught in the gravitas of my famed "To-Do" list.

In fact, I've recently been contacted by Harvard physicists... they want to declare my "To-Do" list as a possible candidate for their theories of intermediate stellar mass black holes.
Kentinal Posted - 27 Jul 2012 : 04:25:35
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Candle keep 2 ?! What is it written on?

Candlekeep 2 will be a new forum architecture designed with updated forum software. It's an attempt to incorporate and streamline a lot of unavailable functions and currently active functions here on the ASP version of Candlekeep.

And if I recall has been in planing only three or more years.

I think that in part of the Sage's to do list *S* Though II clearly requires others as well to bring about.
Markustay Posted - 27 Jul 2012 : 03:32:04
And you almost always come up with one of Ed's scrolls, and then its like "oh nooooooo..."

Needle, meet haystack.

But yeah, do the Google thing Sage recommended. I only started putting the site criteria into my searches about a year ago, and MAN, how did I ever live without that?
The Sage Posted - 27 Jul 2012 : 02:19:55
quote:

Candlekeep 2 will be a new forum architecture designed with updated forum software. It's an attempt to incorporate and streamline a lot of unavailable functions and currently active functions here on the ASP version of Candlekeep.
Ayrik Posted - 26 Jul 2012 : 20:53:23
The keep's search genie is rather easily overwhelmed and confused; I suspect Alaundo's binding spells have somewhat impaired its cognitive capacities.

However, the mystical google orb employs much more sophisticated search genies, and they can be invoked rather easily by issuing search imperatives much like this one:

site:forum.candlekeep.com "halaster"
Portella Posted - 26 Jul 2012 : 20:42:31
For example searching for halaster I get a ton of scrolls with load of pages but I don't know which pages I should look into

The Sage Posted - 26 Jul 2012 : 01:49:45
I'm not quite sure what you're asking here, Portella.

Are you querying whether there's a method to search for something specific in a significantly voluminous scroll?

If so, then I'm afraid I must note that Candlekeep presently has no function which allows for such discriminatory searching. It is, however, a function that will be incorporate into Candlekeep 2.

As an alternative, you can freely use Google to define the specific parameters of your search -- simply include the Candlekeep.com Forum address in your search criteria, and you should easily find what you're looking for.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000