Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Short story collection: JUST KEEP WEAVING

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ElaineCunningham Posted - 17 Apr 2012 : 20:04:41
In case anyone might be wondering what sort of stories I write OUTSIDE of the Realms, here's a twelve-part answer:

http://www.elainecunningham.com/2012/04/12/just-keep-weaving/

The link leads to a post on my author website about JUST KEEP WEAVING, a collection of twelve short stories. These range widely in tone and topic, including urban fantasy, ghost stories, historical fantasy, Arthurian legends retold, flash fiction, and tales inspired by myth and legends. You'll find elves here, but the linchetto of Tuscan folklore are nothing at all like Toril's elves. The pirates are more historical than hearty, the witches include a medieval strega and a suburban kitchen witch.

The collection is available as an ebook. Links to Kindle, Nook, and Smashwords are included on the link above. For people who prefer print to digital, I hope to have a print version available in May.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Thauranil Posted - 20 Apr 2012 : 11:23:03
I only had time to read a few but quite enjoyed them. However as I am not a big fan of ebooks I think I ll wait for the print version.
ElaineCunningham Posted - 19 Apr 2012 : 00:14:25
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

I am looking forward to buying this. Hopefully next week after I get paid again. BTW, my wife also loves the Thorn novels, Elaine. We are eagerly anticipating the last volume. I might have to purchase the omnibus when it comes out as well.

Delighted to hear this, Hawkins. WORD OF HONOR will be the third book in the Thorn trilogy, but it won't be the last Tales of Sevrin novel.

I'm going to bundle the three short novels into a omnibus, as you mentioned, and the next book will be a little shorter than the combined length of the Thorn trilogy, about 100K words. I like novellas, but I got enough "Wow, that was SHORT!" comments to suggest a longer format would fit fantasy reader expectations better than a length that's between a novel and a novella.

Hawkins Posted - 18 Apr 2012 : 18:59:06
I am looking forward to buying this. Hopefully next week after I get paid again. BTW, my wife also loves the Thorn novels, Elaine. We are eagerly anticipating the last volume. I might have to purchase the omnibus when it comes out as well.
The Sage Posted - 18 Apr 2012 : 01:09:53
Neat! More lunch-time e-reading from Elaine.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000