Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Short story collection: JUST KEEP WEAVING
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2012 :  20:04:41  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In case anyone might be wondering what sort of stories I write OUTSIDE of the Realms, here's a twelve-part answer:

http://www.elainecunningham.com/2012/04/12/just-keep-weaving/

The link leads to a post on my author website about JUST KEEP WEAVING, a collection of twelve short stories. These range widely in tone and topic, including urban fantasy, ghost stories, historical fantasy, Arthurian legends retold, flash fiction, and tales inspired by myth and legends. You'll find elves here, but the linchetto of Tuscan folklore are nothing at all like Toril's elves. The pirates are more historical than hearty, the witches include a medieval strega and a suburban kitchen witch.

The collection is available as an ebook. Links to Kindle, Nook, and Smashwords are included on the link above. For people who prefer print to digital, I hope to have a print version available in May.

Edited by - ElaineCunningham on 17 Apr 2012 20:17:11

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2012 :  01:09:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Neat! More lunch-time e-reading from Elaine.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2012 :  18:59:06  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am looking forward to buying this. Hopefully next week after I get paid again. BTW, my wife also loves the Thorn novels, Elaine. We are eagerly anticipating the last volume. I might have to purchase the omnibus when it comes out as well.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2012 :  00:14:25  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

I am looking forward to buying this. Hopefully next week after I get paid again. BTW, my wife also loves the Thorn novels, Elaine. We are eagerly anticipating the last volume. I might have to purchase the omnibus when it comes out as well.

Delighted to hear this, Hawkins. WORD OF HONOR will be the third book in the Thorn trilogy, but it won't be the last Tales of Sevrin novel.

I'm going to bundle the three short novels into a omnibus, as you mentioned, and the next book will be a little shorter than the combined length of the Thorn trilogy, about 100K words. I like novellas, but I got enough "Wow, that was SHORT!" comments to suggest a longer format would fit fantasy reader expectations better than a length that's between a novel and a novella.

Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2012 :  11:23:03  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I only had time to read a few but quite enjoyed them. However as I am not a big fan of ebooks I think I ll wait for the print version.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000