Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Scientists of the Forgotten Realms (joke)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mournblade Posted - 02 Mar 2012 : 15:18:20
So today I brought my Van der Graaf generator to seal up my unit on static electricity.

While we were playing around with it, a student asked whether it was Van Der Graaf or Vangerdahast generator.

Apparently for the last two periods I had Vangerdahast generator written on the board...

30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wolfhound75 Posted - 08 Mar 2012 : 14:27:02
@Ayrik

Hey! You forget!

Even blind squirrels stumble over a nut once in a while!

Good Hunting!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 06 Mar 2012 : 19:47:42
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

quote:
Triboelectric Wooly Furball
I'm guessing we now know who the engineering type is!
He has his moments.

Triboelectric Wooly Furball? That's a new one!
Ayrik Posted - 06 Mar 2012 : 19:29:02
quote:
Triboelectric Wooly Furball
He has his moments.
Wolfhound75 Posted - 06 Mar 2012 : 18:39:09

You will undoubtedly find this difficult to believe after my previous discourse centered around electrical trancendentialism but in reality...

... I'm just a really helicopter pilot.

Good Hunting!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 06 Mar 2012 : 18:30:47
Wolfhound75 Posted - 06 Mar 2012 : 17:05:39
Our mutual capacitance for such discussions has sparked my inductance to this conversation from where I sat in isolation within the joule-covered halls of Farad while experiencing reflection on the various Watts of the known multiverse and engaging in amplitude modulation of my mantra of Ohm with an exceptionally high-frequency resulting in a generalized hum.

The alternating current of this discussion arcing between transmitters and receivers have created a field of distortion that has caused insulation stress to the velocity of propagation of my thoughts. The dielectric breakdown experienced caused the current carrying capacity of my brain to suffer multiple Hertz because the disruption felt like many Bels were ringing out in my head. Additionally, the dielectric heating resulting in insulation stress caused megahertz to the continued conductivity of my current circuit of reasoning.

The direct current of my response should therefore allow resistance to any further leakage, interference, or inductive crosstalk and keep it from affecting the ionization of thought at the speed of light which allows my floating above the ground.

I therefore thank you for the chance to engage in such voltaic rating with a periodicity described as sinusoidal or intermediate frequency and which allows me to discharge my thoughts before they become static and begin to occur with low frequency.

I am now going to go enjoy a corona.

Good Hunting!

* For those with low-ampacity in electrical terms, they are highlighted.
Ayrik Posted - 06 Mar 2012 : 04:39:12
Well, Sage, you're the conductor here. If you feel our endlessly powered puns are impeding the topic, then simply charge in and we'll alternate the flow. Things do seem a little static, no need to be all coiled up about it.
Alystra Illianniis Posted - 06 Mar 2012 : 01:31:30
Then let me flip the switch. I'm positive that most Realms scientists are likely gnomes or Gondsmen, or perhaps gnomes who worship Talos AND Gond! Yikes, that's a hair-raising thought!
The Sage Posted - 06 Mar 2012 : 01:03:45
There is a certain level of resistance to the current flowing discussion about scientists of the FORGOTTEN REALMS. It's almost like we're a closed circuit to the possibility of furthering the actual topic of the scroll.
Bladewind Posted - 05 Mar 2012 : 19:50:29
Eh? What's all this buzz about over here?

Oh, I am positive about the existence of electric scientists in the Realms, and I would agree with Eladrinstar that they aught to placate Talos a lot. Most would be evokers that barely can suppress their pent up energies. So much so that they can be recognized by their static induced risen hair, and sometimes displays of random discharges of jolts when in contact with someone or something grounded.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Mar 2012 : 18:19:35
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

I cannot believe how much debate this has sparked off.

I'm shocked, myself.
Fellfire Posted - 05 Mar 2012 : 14:49:24
I cannot believe how much debate this has sparked off.
Markustay Posted - 05 Mar 2012 : 06:15:48
The Realms are a Strong Force, and our willpower nought but a Weak force.

Its the fundamental forces of our eclectic personalities that tend to have us gravitate toward Science.
The Sage Posted - 04 Mar 2012 : 01:11:12
Watt I don't understand, is how we've all become so magnetic over the concept of scientists of the FORGOTTEN REALMS.
Mournblade Posted - 04 Mar 2012 : 00:24:13
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I'm too well grounded to participate in such nonsense.

Apparently not... you've been caught in the current just like the rest of us.

Fantastic!

Jakk Posted - 03 Mar 2012 : 23:39:03
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Apparently not... you've been caught in the current just like the rest of us.
Mournblade Posted - 03 Mar 2012 : 20:55:58
AOhm this is funny!

Markustay Posted - 03 Mar 2012 : 18:23:38
Jakk Posted - 03 Mar 2012 : 18:13:19
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

I gauss I cannot resist being inducted into this current topic, the puns are just too shocking.

Well done, Ayrik! Sometimes you just have to charge right in...

Edit: ... and it just occurred to me that Talos is the only deity who expects resistance to his portfolio. Still, a deity of lightning should be well-grounded in the behaviour of mortals...
Ayrik Posted - 03 Mar 2012 : 17:45:30
I gauss I cannot resist being inducted into this current topic, the puns are just too shocking.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Mar 2012 : 14:36:02
quote:
Originally posted by Eladrinstar

You people are lucky you don't live in the Realms, Talos would personally destroy each of you for such extended electricity-themed punnery.

Now that's an electrifying concept!

(been waiting to work that one in -- I couldn't resist! )
TBeholder Posted - 03 Mar 2012 : 10:03:14
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I get my mental voltage from Jolt cola.
Which reminds me. Writing "Vangerdahast generator" once is okay. When you start to calibrate them in kilo-Volhms, it's time to worry...

quote:
Originally posted by Eladrinstar

You people are lucky you don't live in the Realms, Talos would personally destroy each of you for such extended electricity-themed punnery.
And that's just cracking jokes. No one even tried to abuse quotes from Van Der Graaf Generator lyrics yet.
Eladrinstar Posted - 03 Mar 2012 : 07:33:32
Aes Tryl Posted - 03 Mar 2012 : 07:09:24
I am positive that all these puns are going to have a negative effect on our mental capacitors soon. Oh well continue to charge on ahead eh.
Jakk Posted - 03 Mar 2012 : 05:22:16
There's a reason I was trying to stay out of this thread, and it's to do with my complete lack of resistance to punnery. But I think this one might be the joule of the lot... although I fear that some (by no means all) scribes whose first language isn't English might feel rather insulated from the proceedings.
The Sage Posted - 03 Mar 2012 : 05:20:09
Nonsense. Our collective capacitance for the frequency of these jokes is unlimited.
Jakk Posted - 03 Mar 2012 : 05:15:31
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Mountain Dew's new-ish flavor Voltage is what charges me up.

As long as it's not Visa, MasterCard, or AmEx... that's a charge I can do without.

I think we're finally starting to drain the battery here, folks... although I think I've just found the path of least resistance. Watt do you think, fellow scribes?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Mar 2012 : 05:14:15
quote:
Originally posted by Eldacar

quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

Omh my gods, these jokes are bad.

I believe the phrase you want is that this is a thunderstorm of bad jokes.

Ah, but we're lightning quick to use them!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Mar 2012 : 05:13:11
quote:

Mountain Dew's new-ish flavor Voltage is what charges me up.
Jakk Posted - 03 Mar 2012 : 05:12:52
Eldacar: No, I think Althen had it right. Of course, one could always find a more current metaphor, and not put up so much resistance...

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000