Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Realms couples

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lady Shadowflame Posted - 14 Feb 2012 : 15:42:13
Because of Valentine's Day, I felt like asking this:

Who are your favourite Realms couples?
The ones you think are the sweetest, or the most devoted, or who just generally speak to your heart regarding their relationship?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Thauranil Posted - 16 Feb 2012 : 07:55:20
Drizzt and Innovindel. Yes I know they never got together but if she had survived i think Drizzt would be a different person today.
sfdragon Posted - 16 Feb 2012 : 07:12:54
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-I am my favorite couple. Being tripartite allows you to love yourself in ways you would never imagine.

Being tripartite means you're more than a couple.

Welcome back!

+3

I hope he stays around longer this time.....
The Sage Posted - 16 Feb 2012 : 05:05:39
quote:

quote:

-I am my favorite couple. Being tripartite allows you to love yourself in ways you would never imagine.

Worse... Lord Karsus is actually a Vorlon.

[Apologies for those non-Babylon 5 fans who might not get the reference.]
quote:
Welcome back!

Seconded.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 16 Feb 2012 : 04:46:54
quote:

Welcome back!
Dennis Posted - 16 Feb 2012 : 02:05:43
quote:
Originally posted by xaeyruudh

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

Actually, they liked each other. And Alassra even considered him a potential lover had he not lived on the wrong side of the fence.

What's not to like, about her?

And as far as Lauzoril... people who have the panache to make Evil look good are appealing "in a certain light" ...and I would think that's particularly true for a free spirit of CN alignment. Lauzoril was/is a snake... but he's a snake with charm, and that goes a long way, unfortunately. All the way to "you're hot, even though you're trying to kill me and my sisters."

Doesn't mean he deserves anything better than death.

That said, I haven't read any novels developing his personality or past. I'm just remembering him from FR6.

He has fair amount of novel time in The Simbul's Gift and The Haunted Lands trilogy. And despite the fact that they're penned by different authors, I saw no inconsistency in the portrayal of Lauzoril's personality.

I postulated that the reason behind Lauzoril's possible survival in the said trilogy could be Alassra's debt (paid at a high price). A ring with a mote of silverfire that provided unbreakable protection at a moment of extreme crisis and lasted for a few seconds, enough time for him to translate himself somewhere safe. Or something like that.
xaeyruudh Posted - 16 Feb 2012 : 01:48:36
quote:

Actually, they liked each other. And Alassra even considered him a potential lover had he not lived on the wrong side of the fence.

What's not to like, about her?

And as far as Lauzoril... people who have the panache to make Evil look good are appealing "in a certain light" ...and I would think that's particularly true for a free spirit of CN alignment. Lauzoril was/is a snake... but he's a snake with charm, and that goes a long way, unfortunately. All the way to "you're hot, even though you're trying to kill me and my sisters."

Doesn't mean he deserves anything better than death.

That said, I haven't read any novels developing his personality or past. I'm just remembering him from FR6.
Dennis Posted - 16 Feb 2012 : 01:18:58
quote:

Sounds narcissistic to me.
Lord Karsus Posted - 16 Feb 2012 : 00:53:19
The Sage Posted - 16 Feb 2012 : 00:50:31
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by _Jarlaxle_

Kaanyr Vhok and Aliisza are an interessting couple too

Another good one, though I liked Aliisza much more than Kaanyr Vhok.

I tend to prefer Vhok, actually. But it's a worthwhile relationship, I agree, and it deserves much more page time.
Dennis Posted - 15 Feb 2012 : 23:50:08
quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478

quote:

quote:

Agreed, I never liked Vhok much, not sure why though. Just one of those characters who always rubbed me the wrong way.

I don't like either of them. When I first read about Aliisza, I wanted her to die quickly. And Kaanyr, well, more quickly.
Dennis Posted - 15 Feb 2012 : 23:47:30
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Shadowflame

quote:

Alassra and Lauzoril. If only...

Ryld and Pharaun. If only...

Seriously though, they appeal even as friends because they actually seemed to like each other. Even if the usual drow betrayal shenanigans got in the way. They still seemed to have some sense of understanding for one another.

(At least, in the first books of the series. I've not had the heart to read the last three.)

I did hope they would end up as lovers. Seriously.
Dennis Posted - 15 Feb 2012 : 23:46:34
quote:

quote:

You are a twisted person.

Wolfhound75 Posted - 15 Feb 2012 : 16:32:07
Tongue in cheek: Crenshenibon & Errtu?
Artemas Entreri Posted - 15 Feb 2012 : 15:51:42
quote:

quote:

Agreed, I never liked Vhok much, not sure why though. Just one of those characters who always rubbed me the wrong way.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 15 Feb 2012 : 15:38:25
quote:

Lady Shadowflame Posted - 15 Feb 2012 : 14:12:27
quote:

Ryld and Pharaun. If only...

Seriously though, they appeal even as friends because they actually seemed to like each other. Even if the usual drow betrayal shenanigans got in the way. They still seemed to have some sense of understanding for one another.

(At least, in the first books of the series. I've not had the heart to read the last three.)
Kilvan Posted - 15 Feb 2012 : 14:06:51
The absolute worst Realm couple was probably Ryld and Halisstra, they never managed to make me feel any sympathy for them.
_Jarlaxle_ Posted - 15 Feb 2012 : 13:46:24
Chosen of Moradin Posted - 15 Feb 2012 : 12:34:20
Khelben and Laeral. Followed by the wizard of my group and Simbul (yes, Elminster lost the heart of the Queen of Aglarond) :)
xaeyruudh Posted - 15 Feb 2012 : 05:23:24
quote:

You are a twisted person.
Dennis Posted - 15 Feb 2012 : 04:16:37

The Sage Posted - 15 Feb 2012 : 01:05:12
quote:

Because of Valentine's Day, I felt like asking this:

Who are your favourite Realms couples?
The ones you think are the sweetest, or the most devoted, or who just generally speak to your heart regarding their relationship?

Sememmon and Ashemmi has always been the one relationship I've wanted to learn more about. I've developed it further for my own Realms, but I'd love to see how this has actually been nurtured in the Realmslore.

I'll include the more obvious Khelben and Laeral, as well. I'll always remember the impact his death had on Laeral.

My other personal view on "sweetest Realms couples" would be Danilo and Arilyn. I really think this was the one relationship in pre-Spellplague lore that truly brought to mind the difficulties inherent in human/demihuman unions.

And, finally, there is also the wholesomely lovely relationship between the Sage Operth, and the Lady Kazandra. At least in my Realms.
Lady Shadowflame Posted - 15 Feb 2012 : 00:07:57
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

I can't think of a more appropriate thread to put this in:

In honor of Valentine's Day, here's a short bonus non-canonical Shadowbane story--what basically amounts to, if you ask Fayne, "Kalen/Myrin slash fiction." :)

Shadowbane side-story: "Really Don't Do That"

Cheers

Thaaaaat's... not slash fiction. At least not under the general view of the term. Slash generally having one less gender in the participants and all.
But it made me snicker regardless. Oh, comic misunderstandings...
sfdragon Posted - 14 Feb 2012 : 21:45:26
Khelben and Laeral

Elminster and Symbol
Erik Scott de Bie Posted - 14 Feb 2012 : 21:39:34
I can't think of a more appropriate thread to put this in:

In honor of Valentine's Day, here's a short bonus non-canonical Shadowbane story--what basically amounts to, if you ask Fayne, "Kalen/Myrin slash fiction." :)

Shadowbane side-story: "Really Don't Do That"

Cheers
Eladrinstar Posted - 14 Feb 2012 : 20:36:05
Khelben and Laeral. I like those two a lot, but also because I don't know any other Realms couples really.

Oh yeah, Aerie and Haer'Dalis too.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 14 Feb 2012 : 19:52:28
quote:

quote:

the most devoted, or who just generally speak to your heart regarding their relationship?

And slipping away from the romance and couple (though they were kinda like an old married couple) parts, but with regard to the quoted portion... Ivan and Pikel.

Ooo oi!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 14 Feb 2012 : 19:08:04
quote:
Originally posted by Kilvan

Khelben and Laeral of course.

Danilo and Arilyn close second I guess.

Ditto.

Also Sememmon and Ashemmi -- a very interesting couple, there.

Cat and Giogi Wyvernspur are a fun couple, too.

And Matteo and Tzigone weren't really a couple, but they were close enough for my liking.

And I've an odd fondness for Orgauth/Abarax and Desmonda/Eshaeris. Yeah, also not a true couple, but something about them intrigued me.
xaeyruudh Posted - 14 Feb 2012 : 18:59:22
quote:

the most devoted, or who just generally speak to your heart regarding their relationship?

And slipping away from the romance and couple (though they were kinda like an old married couple) parts, but with regard to the quoted portion... Ivan and Pikel.
xaeyruudh Posted - 14 Feb 2012 : 18:52:55
I completely agree re: Khelben and Laeral. And at the risk of being hate-bombed, Elminster and the Simbul in much the same way. Men who are more devoted to nurturing the world and life and freedom than most of their real-world counterparts, paired with women who are simultaneously insanely powerful (not just in level but in "inner strength") and generally uninhibited by the expectations leveled on women by society. People who do Good, in very different ways, with frequently catastrophic-for-the-bad-guys ways.

I'll have to re-read the Wulfgar and Cattie-Brie novels. I seem to remember them teasing each other, but being fiercely loyal. Very cool couple.

I also have to add Azoun IV and Filfaeril. Quite a pair.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000