Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Godborn Excerpt

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PaulSKemp Posted - 08 Nov 2011 : 22:41:22
Godborn is a year from release. Here is an excerpt, featuring Brennus and Rivalen.

http://paulskemp.com/blog/godborn-excerpt/
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Grimn the Grim. Posted - 15 Jan 2012 : 21:11:04
I just read the excerpt and I have to say its pretty good. I'll have to look into this series.
PaulSKemp Posted - 15 Jan 2012 : 12:08:51
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

Just one question, has Riven been fully detailed in any 4e products now that he is an Exarch? (of Mask, Shar whatever.)

Fellfire,

Not that I'm aware of.
Fellfire Posted - 14 Jan 2012 : 00:19:54
Just saw this. Great work, Paul. I'm very excited for this release and the Serpent's Daughter. Just one question, has Riven been fully detailed in any 4e products now that he is an Exarch? (of Mask, Shar whatever.)
Tarloc Posted - 30 Nov 2011 : 15:46:40
paul writes some of the best books and characters of faerun. cant wait till next year
Dennis Posted - 30 Nov 2011 : 07:42:51

Paul, does Godborn contain a sample chapter of Book 2?
scererar Posted - 16 Nov 2011 : 03:03:13
Excellent! Thanks for sharing.
Dennis Posted - 11 Nov 2011 : 06:36:15

I really hope so. Though I recall Brennus telling his father that if he let Rivalen absorb Mask's divine essence, it would be beyond him to punish Rivalen. That's after Brennus learned of his brother's matricide. Telamont didn't deny such assertion, so maybe...
Firestorm Posted - 11 Nov 2011 : 06:27:59
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

Paul, does Rivalen's current status/boost of power make him practically invincible against his father?

The clear answer is no. Telamont would never have let him gain that much power unless he was a match for it.
At best, it possibly elevated him to near equal status to the most high, but not beyond him.

The reason I say this is because at no point while fighting Kesson Rel(a Being with 3x more the 0 level divinity) did I think he could more than match Telamont. I know riven did a bit of undercover whoop to Mephisto in the dying moments, but divine power functions differently in the 9 hells than it does on the prime.
Dennis Posted - 10 Nov 2011 : 15:03:14

It would have been great if we see a short story featuring Brennus and his mother, Alashar. Perhaps in the anthology-companion of the Cycle of Night Trilogy?
Kilvan Posted - 10 Nov 2011 : 13:38:46
Brennus is definately on the right track to become a protagonist. That would be so cool. I'm not really surprised that he hates his brother, but openly insulting Shar? Dangerous attitude for a prince of Shade.
Dennis Posted - 10 Nov 2011 : 09:38:01

With how things have progressed so far, I suspect that the next time Brennus and Riven cross paths, it wouldn't be as enemies. Brennus might offer Riven a bargain in exchange for his brother's life.
Ayrik Posted - 10 Nov 2011 : 08:29:05
My mommy used to say it, too ... though never in Filipino.
Dennis Posted - 10 Nov 2011 : 03:28:52

Tsk, tsk. As one famous Filipino actor once said, "Thou shall not make a promise you can't keep." ["'Wag mangako ng isang bagay na di mo naman kayang tuparin."]
Ayrik Posted - 10 Nov 2011 : 03:24:51
Because I keep promising him that one day "soon" I will.
Dennis Posted - 10 Nov 2011 : 03:10:55
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

I feel a little guilty, having complimented PSK so greatly whilst not yet even read any books by ESdB, lol sorry.

Why? Haven't read any of Erik's novels, either.
Ayrik Posted - 10 Nov 2011 : 01:58:19
I feel a little guilty, having complimented PSK so greatly whilst not yet even read any books by ESdB, lol sorry.
Firestorm Posted - 10 Nov 2011 : 00:24:55
Thank you so much!!!
Hawkins Posted - 09 Nov 2011 : 22:32:22
I do not intend to partake in the excerpt, if only because it will actually make waiting a year for the final product worse. I know this about myself after having read the first chapter of many a novel at the end of its predecessor, only to have to wait a year for the sequel's release. Even without having read it, Paul, I know it is excellent, as all of your novels are.
Kilvan Posted - 09 Nov 2011 : 17:14:00
I can't wait! Good stuff Paul, thanks!
Artemas Entreri Posted - 09 Nov 2011 : 15:02:54
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

On the bright side, time flies fast. One year could very well be as quick as a blink of an eye.

Yep and with Skyrim coming on on Friday, and plenty of other good books to keep me busy, time should indeed fly by
Dennis Posted - 09 Nov 2011 : 14:45:11

On the bright side, time flies fast. One year could very well be as quick as a blink of an eye.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 09 Nov 2011 : 14:24:44
Now we just have to wait for the release
Dennis Posted - 09 Nov 2011 : 13:56:58

Paul, does Rivalen's current status/boost of power make him practically invincible against his father?
Matt James Posted - 09 Nov 2011 : 12:59:33
Good stuff, Paul :)
Dennis Posted - 09 Nov 2011 : 04:22:19

I'm so looking forward to it, Paul. Thank you for the excellent teaser.
Artemas Entreri Posted - 09 Nov 2011 : 02:27:55
Great stuff as always Paul!
Tyrant Posted - 09 Nov 2011 : 02:21:41
Nice teaser. It's nice to see Brennus venting and hopefully a whole lot more before it's done. I can't wait for the book.
skychrome Posted - 09 Nov 2011 : 02:09:56
Argh! You did it again... Wonderful teaser, the best so far!

I cannot wait, too much time missing! Besides Brennus is my favorite character in your novels.
Therise Posted - 09 Nov 2011 : 01:54:15
Really wonderful - I will have a very hard time waiting!

Thanks for the tasty preview!
Ayrik Posted - 08 Nov 2011 : 22:56:29
I'm very much looking forward to this one, PSK, an excellent teaser.

... although I still shan't break my cardinal rule of awaiting the full trilogy before reading it.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000