Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Who in the Realms "just needs a hug"?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lady Shadowflame Posted - 03 Sep 2011 : 17:53:06
Well?
Either the ones busily doing evil as a result of some tragic backstory and/or lack of attention, or the ones you genuinely feel sorry for and would like to console.
That or any you just really consider so friendly you'd love to walk up and hug them.

So anything from a sarcastic "I guess nobody loved you enough" to "Aww, poor thing, things really turned out badly for you, didn't they?" to "Wow, you're adorable/awesome, can I have a hug?"

Plenty of options there.
Yes, you may nominate a proxy hugger for the ones you think might react a bit too viciously to you trying it yourself.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Artemas Entreri Posted - 09 Nov 2011 : 14:20:45
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478

quote:

There are some characters we badly want to hug but find it difficult and at times even impossible because of their strange, inhuman physical form. So perhaps a "mental hug" would suffice?

This would easily work with Illithids

And aboleths. Though I'm not sure I'd ever want to mentally hug one.

There are many "monster" names in D&D that I think are just perfect. Aboleth, Illithid, and Beholder are among my favorite.
Dennis Posted - 09 Nov 2011 : 03:49:57
quote:

quote:

There are some characters we badly want to hug but find it difficult and at times even impossible because of their strange, inhuman physical form. So perhaps a "mental hug" would suffice?

And aboleths. Though I'm not sure I'd ever want to mentally hug one.
The Sage Posted - 09 Nov 2011 : 00:48:15
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Sousana

My prime hug-targets are the ghazneths. There, there, you didn't get a life of luxury? Shhh, it's okay.

Forgive my Realmsian ignorance, but what are the ghazneths?

Former Cormyrians of great import, who betrayed the realm in some fundamental way and were cursed to become some of Cormyr's greatest threats. At least one was a former king.

Read Beyond the High Road and Death of the Dragon for more info on them.

Ahh thats right, i thought the name sounded vaguely familiar. I read the Cormyr Saga but it didn't really click well with me.

Brian "Garen Thal" Cortijo has provided some nifty tidbits about the ghazneths, over the years here at Candlekeep. They're interesting reading...
Artemas Entreri Posted - 08 Nov 2011 : 21:54:22
quote:

quote:

quote:

My prime hug-targets are the ghazneths. There, there, you didn't get a life of luxury? Shhh, it's okay.

Former Cormyrians of great import, who betrayed the realm in some fundamental way and were cursed to become some of Cormyr's greatest threats. At least one was a former king.

Ahh thats right, i thought the name sounded vaguely familiar. I read the Cormyr Saga but it didn't really click well with me.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 08 Nov 2011 : 21:52:02
quote:

quote:

Artemas Entreri Posted - 08 Nov 2011 : 20:12:25
quote:

Artemas Entreri Posted - 08 Nov 2011 : 20:11:34
quote:

Sousana Posted - 08 Nov 2011 : 20:06:57
Dennis Posted - 08 Nov 2011 : 15:00:59

Alystra Illianniis Posted - 06 Oct 2011 : 23:27:08
I'm starting to want to hug Storm now that I'm reading Bury Elminster Deep. And maybe Glathra, just so she'd stop being such an over-bearing be-otch....
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Oct 2011 : 18:35:51
quote:
Originally posted by Gouf

quote:

quote:

"Onyx the Invincible" the dwarf needs love. Big Hug!

You hug him. I'll hug Kyriani!

Fair enough. But Onyx the Invincible got a bum deal, separated from his true love by politics...

"Now, with their reputations as heroes well known along
the entire Sword Coast, Onyx wouldn't mind settling down at
some point (not that he#146;d admit this or wish to abandon his
friends). Recently, at a gala at Faerntarn, Onyx crossed paths
with Kiira Ghalmrin, daughter of Arduke Obar Ghalmrin of
Morndivver, and the two fell hopelessly in love. Unfortunately,
she is betrothed to another, and the Arduke does not
wish his daughter to marry a #147;foolhardy lackwit, hero or no!#148;
In order to distance himself from the situation, he accepted a
commission from Vajra and he is now a major out among the
soldiers at Riatavin, helping shore up the city#146;s defenses in the
event of an attack." ----Lands of Intrigue box Set

:(

True enough. I'm sympathetic, but I'm still wanting to hug Kyriani.
Gouf Posted - 05 Oct 2011 : 18:32:35
quote:

quote:

Fair enough. But Onyx the Invincible got a bum deal, separated from his true love by politics...

"Now, with their reputations as heroes well known along
the entire Sword Coast, Onyx wouldn't mind settling down at
some point (not that he'd admit this or wish to abandon his
friends). Recently, at a gala at Faerntarn, Onyx crossed paths
with Kiira Ghalmrin, daughter of Arduke Obar Ghalmrin of
Morndivver, and the two fell hopelessly in love. Unfortunately,
she is betrothed to another, and the Arduke does not
wish his daughter to marry a "foolhardy lackwit, hero or no!"
In order to distance himself from the situation, he accepted a
commission from Vajra and he is now a major out among the
soldiers at Riatavin, helping shore up the city's defenses in the
event of an attack." ----Lands of Intrigue Box Set

:(
Dennis Posted - 05 Oct 2011 : 16:26:52
quote:

quote:

Xingax. Only if I could erect a shield powerful enough to counter his natural aura of malevolence. He was capable of understanding human emotions, and maybe, just maybe, he'll be able to feel a semblance of it if someone expresses it to him.

You might want to spray some Febreeze on him first

I've hugged people who smelled worse.
Dennis Posted - 05 Oct 2011 : 16:26:04
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

quote:
Dennis

Xingax. Only if I could erect a shield powerful enough to counter his natural aura of malevolence. He was capable of understanding human emotions, and maybe, just maybe, he'll be able to feel a semblance of it if someone expresses it to him.

Y'know, I'm more of the opinion that if an individual wears an aura of malevolence, death, fear, and life-sucking - regardless of its source - then the onus for neutralizing the aura shouldn't be placed elsewhere. If such individuals really want any hugs then they'll just have to assume the initiative and address their own undead hygeine first. Undead malevolence is not a simple case of being misguided and ignorant; it's a fundamentally unnatural antithesis and perversion of life and death.

You wanna hug Xingax, go ahead. Squick.

Once he knows my intention, he himself might endeavor to try to "shut down" his aura of malevolence temporarily.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Oct 2011 : 15:54:07
quote:

Gouf Posted - 05 Oct 2011 : 15:08:37
Artemas Entreri Posted - 05 Oct 2011 : 14:43:06
quote:

You might want to spray some Febreeze on him first
Ayrik Posted - 05 Oct 2011 : 11:51:36
quote:
Dennis

Y'know, I'm more of the opinion that if an individual wears an aura of malevolence, death, fear, and life-sucking - regardless of its source - then the onus for neutralizing the aura shouldn't be placed elsewhere. If such individuals really want any hugs then they'll just have to assume the initiative and address their own undead hygeine first. Undead malevolence is not a simple case of being misguided and ignorant; it's a fundamentally unnatural antithesis and perversion of life and death.

You wanna hug Xingax, go ahead. Squick.
Yoss Posted - 05 Oct 2011 : 04:28:15
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Mirt's a successful loan-shark and smuggler, think about what that means.
Even smugglers need love. Just look at Han Solo.

Exactly. I would So hug Mirt...and more if I could.

:D

Aye.

Though, now that I think about it, Mirt would probably resemble something of a "stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder."

quote:

I do agree that Mirt seems to be the sort of guy who'd sit with his back to the wall and be able to quickdraw a wand under the table when pressed into unpleasant transactions.

Mirt shot first!....wait, what?

I'd give Elaith a hug, too, I guess.
Dennis Posted - 05 Oct 2011 : 04:15:02

Alystra Illianniis Posted - 04 Oct 2011 : 23:22:35
There was a topic here?! Huh, who'da thunk it..... LOL!! I'd like to hug Eliath. He seems like he needs a little understanding.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Oct 2011 : 16:16:02
And maybe we can get back on topic, now?
Dennis Posted - 02 Oct 2011 : 08:29:36
quote:
Originally posted by Thelonius

quote:

On a serious note... Actually, I did it some time in the past, for charity's sake, and because I truly cared for them. Such poor souls made me wonder if there's justice in this world.

Was discussing that with gf yesterday, we arrived to the consclussion that must be... in somewhere else but not much in here.

Not a few are confounded and ask, "How can one be a squatter in her own country?" Such is the grim reality in our country, even in the highly industrialized parts.
Thelonius Posted - 02 Oct 2011 : 08:09:02
quote:

On a serious note... Actually, I did it some time in the past, for charity's sake, and because I truly cared for them. Such poor souls made me wonder if there's justice in this world.

Was discussing that with gf yesterday, we arrived to the consclussion that must be... in somewhere else but not much in here.
Dennis Posted - 02 Oct 2011 : 08:05:34

Thelonius Posted - 02 Oct 2011 : 08:01:55
quote:

quote:

quote:

No one wants to hug a lich? Sammaster---the poor, delusional, misunderstood bastard---needs a little bit of sympathy.

We are again facing the smelling problem, and besides, I wouldn't like to hug someone and end with a chunk of his rotting flesh in my jacket you know...

Well, there's this thing called "shower" [which you could take after hugging him].

I have a rule, not hug anyone who will force you to take a shower after...
Dennis Posted - 02 Oct 2011 : 07:57:19
quote:

quote:

No one wants to hug a lich? Sammaster---the poor, delusional, misunderstood bastard---needs a little bit of sympathy.

We are again facing the smelling problem, and besides, I wouldn't like to hug someone and end with a chunk of his rotting flesh in my jacket you know...

Well, there's this thing called "shower" [which you could take after hugging him].
Thelonius Posted - 02 Oct 2011 : 07:36:36
quote:

Dennis Posted - 02 Oct 2011 : 07:14:28

Dennis Posted - 02 Oct 2011 : 07:05:58
quote:

See, there ya go. Winter fresh glacial breeze vs fingertips that reek of sulphurous thunder. Point goes to barbarians.

The vain Pharaun Mizzrym would definitely disagree!

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000